Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

Ti kanis Aplion? :)

Anyway, why not consider CUP for this excellent mod? I'll chip in free RAM support for your helicopters. :D

Anyway, why not consider CUP for this excellent mod? I'll chip in free RAM support for your helicopters. :D

Sounds like a win-win to me!

Ola kala Olds :)

To be honest I wasn't aware about this !! I'll have a better look on that for sure.

Thanks

I also support Aplion's involvement in CUP. CUP needs as much human resources as possible to deliver great content for all community.

OTOH - thanks for the air pack and I'm expecting more to come ;)

Pardon the noob question, but how would I go about adding this content to my dedicated server? Is this a daunting task, or something that could be accomplished rather easily?

Kinda new to all this, but I do have a clue as to how it works. Despite that, I can find no info on how to specifically add stuff like this to a server that is not running on my computer.

Pardon the noob question, but how would I go about adding this content to my dedicated server? Is this a daunting task, or something that could be accomplished rather easily?

Kinda new to all this, but I do have a clue as to how it works. Despite that, I can find no info on how to specifically add stuff like this to a server that is not running on my computer.

You have to add the addon to the server startup command line. How are you starting the server? The addon folder has to be saved in the arma 3 folder on your server. Then you add the addon name to the command line you use to start the server.

If you use these vehicles I your missions, everyone that plays must also have the addon enabled on their system as well.

You have to add the addon to the server startup command line. How are you starting the server? The addon folder has to be saved in the arma 3 folder on your server. Then you add the addon name to the command line you use to start the server.

If you use these vehicles I your missions, everyone that plays must also have the addon enabled on their system as well.

Ahhh this I was definitely not aware of.

Do I have to have individual @<addon> folders for each addon, or can I add the .pbo's directly to the /addon/ folder on the server? Im assuming individual folders for each (I have his HMMWV mod also) so they can each be added to the command line?

Ahhh this I was definitely not aware of.

Do I have to have individual @<addon> folders for each addon, or can I add the .pbo's directly to the /addon/ folder on the server? Im assuming individual folders for each (I have his HMMWV mod also) so they can each be added to the command line?

On my server I added all of the addons that need to run to the command line startup for the server. I actually use Tophes Arma Dedicated Server Tool to launch my server but it basically does the same thing as if you start it with the command line options.

I'm not sure if just adding the addon .pbo files to the addons folder would work but I'm thinking it would not. I think you have to add each one to the command line. Also with the keys for each addon, I think you would need to maintain each addon in its own folder like the author packages it so all of the keys can be located as well. I'm not an expert though so there may be other ways. I'm just advising what works for me on my teams dedicated server.

Best wishes

Zlin

Hello, I am having a problem now with your addon that I didn't have before, when I look in the mission editor or in the class lists even in MCC the helicopters do not show up in the list, they used to? Do you know what may be the problem? I tried both DEV build and Normal build, they do not show up in either... Thanks.

Any chance you are working on porting the MV-22 Osprey over? That is one aircraft I'd love to have in ARMA3. The current port by Hotshotmike doesn't meet my standards.

I also think that the MV22 would be a nice addition to this pack, if you can find the time.

Another interesting improvement would be to "darken" the BlackHawks texture; I know that you said that you didn't want to edit the files; but I think it would be an awesome improvement and its relatively easy to do. Would be just to reduce the bright and contrast the texture a bit ( if you can't find the time, I'd gladly darken the texture if you send it to me ).

The MV22 would be cool, but it's a fixed wing aircraft. Maybe you also can port the Russian and Takistani helicopters?

Not exactly. It has fixed wings AND rotor wings. It would not be much more out of place in a heli pack then in a fixed wing pack.

Not like there are any other aircraft for a tilt-rotor pack!

In any case, I would love to see MV-22 or some EAST helos.

Well, officialy it's fixed wing and on the ArmA 2 site, it falls under the category fixed wing. But personly, I also think it looks more like a helicopter.

"The Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is an American multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircraft with both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability. It is designed to combine the functionality of a conventional helicopter with the long-range, high-speed cruise performance of a turboprop aircraft."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey

Please don't go by the arma website for how things are classified lol

If we could have the MV-22 even just a port over with improvements like the current helicopters I'd give an arm and a leg for it. Only thing I would require is obviously ramp lower, SLOWER fold speed from the ARMA2 version, and a walkable cargo area.

Hello, I am having a problem now with your addon that I didn't have before, when I look in the mission editor or in the class lists even in MCC the helicopters do not show up in the list, they used to? Do you know what may be the problem? I tried both DEV build and Normal build, they do not show up in either... Thanks.

Is anybody else having this problem?

"The Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is an American multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircraft with both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability. It is designed to combine the functionality of a conventional helicopter with the long-range, high-speed cruise performance of a turboprop aircraft."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey

Please don't go by the arma website for how things are classified lol

If we could have the MV-22 even just a port over with improvements like the current helicopters I'd give an arm and a leg for it. Only thing I would require is obviously ramp lower, SLOWER fold speed from the ARMA2 version, and a walkable cargo area.

I don't give a shit how it is in real life, this is about ArmA and in ArmA it falls under the catagory Fixed-Wing.

Lets not get worked up over it. Whether it is part of a helicopter pack or a fixed wing pack is irrelevant, either is fine.

Is there any chance that you guys will add a gunner feed camera screen mounted in the cockpit's instruments of the AH-64D Apache Longbow and/or the AH-1Z Cobra (or is it a Viper?), similar to how it's done with the RAH-99 Comanche/Blackfoot? Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. :o

In real life its is considered a Fixed wing VTOL Aircraft just like the Harrier.

First thing first: Nice work, really appreciate it.

I found something that you might be interested in:

The CH47F Chinook is not accessible via ZEUS. If you sync the "Manage Addons"-Module to the Chinook and click preview in the Editor the following error appears:

Some objects (CH_47F) are misconfigured and cannot be used by Zeus as a result.

Addon authors (Aplion) must correctly define all objects in CfgPatches.

errorbyoql.jpg

Would be awesome If you could fix that. Keep up the good work. :ok:

Any chance you are working on porting the MV-22 Osprey over? That is one aircraft I'd love to have in ARMA3. The current port by Hotshotmike doesn't meet my standards.
I also think that the MV22 would be a nice addition to this pack, if you can find the time.

Another interesting improvement would be to "darken" the BlackHawks texture; I know that you said that you didn't want to edit the files; but I think it would be an awesome improvement and its relatively easy to do. Would be just to reduce the bright and contrast the texture a bit ( if you can't find the time, I'd gladly darken the texture if you send it to me ).

Not exactly. It has fixed wings AND rotor wings. It would not be much more out of place in a heli pack then in a fixed wing pack.

Not like there are any other aircraft for a tilt-rotor pack!

In any case, I would love to see MV-22 or some EAST helos.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170135-ArmA-2-C-130J-and-MV-22-Redux

This particular port has been in dev for a bit now. It's looking gorgeous, on par with the SOAR Chinook that released not long ago.

---

Relevant: I did a quick browse and didn't see if it was hit on or not but are the pitch settings final for the Venom/Cobra? Pitch & Roll are way off in terms of the flight profile. So far off I can barrel roll the Venom @ 100m AGL, which should not be possible, while still being unable to get the nose up quick enough for a fast decelleration/descent.

Good day, I found a problem with compatibility mods "Arma 2 US Helicopters import" and "HAFM ArmA 2 UK Wheeled - Import". When used together, these mods, the helicopter "UH1H Huey" lost ammunition for machine guns. Perhaps the reason is the same ammunition of different names in these modes!?.

Great addon.

I know ArmA3 has the MH-9 and AH-9 already in the game.

But would it be possible to get the MH-6J and the normal AH-6J from ArmA2 ported as well?

Regards

AzE

That would be really nice, the Little Bird from Arma 3 is not maneuverable and light as the one from Arma 2.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk