Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

update v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hafm_helis.png

@ Aplion;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks a lot for the headsup mate :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

update v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@hafm_helis.png

@ Aplion;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks guys ... appreciated.

All of these birds look amazing but they feel horrible. It is essential you or someone you authorize go and fix the flight modeling. I would hate to see V3 be the last update for these, they have so much potential. Please finish them, but if you cant still great work.

p.s. i would recommend splitting each bird into its own individual .pbo, will give your mod more chances of being used. Reason being several big groups have over looked its implementation due to the fact they are looking for one or two of these birds, but have to run all of them to get the ones they want. Example: Army clans don't need or use the USMC birds,etc, etc.

Edited by Mattastic

I'm stilll seeing the UH1y with an outside glass texture that In nearly Invisible... are you still working on that Issue? I recall one of your previous updates mentioning an Improvement but... I still ain't seeing the glass texture visual from outside of the helicopter...

A fix for this would be really great before you call It the final version.. However If you truly are finished then I still appreciate your hard work put Into these, We have been needing a lot of vehicle content for this game that Is familiar and this pack Is a must have for anybody who enjoys current time vehicles.

Once again Thank you Aplion for your time and effort put Into this great pack!

Aplion, is there a reason you didn't also import the MH60 as well? Just curious.

Aplion, is there a reason you didn't also import the MH60 as well? Just curious.

Much issues during importing ... nothing more ... maybe later mate ...

When I have this mod running I cant Make a server. It instantly crashes the game right as it goes to load the missions to select. 

I had every intention to help find and report bugs for this mod.

But every time I used it I ended up having too much fun flying and forgot to report bugs.

Now all the ones I found are fixed!

Amazing work!

Amazing effort!

:)

anyone else getting huge fps drops when calling in an AH64D for CAS on a dedi server?

anyone else getting huge fps drops when calling in an AH64D for CAS on a dedi server?

what mission are you playing ? i have no problem with FPS

A team mate was having some bad frame rates when the cannon was being fired. He did some troubleshooting and found that the audio quality settings in game compared to his Windows's settings were not the same. He changed both in game sound and his windows sound to use 24bit quality and his frame rate issues disappeared.

Not sure if that will help but just thought I would throw it out there.

Great mod thanks :cool:. I did noticed there was some kind of graphical flickering glitch whilst placing just the chinook with the MCC (latest version) 3d editor. It was more difficult to determine the height of placement. But once placed it worked just as well as normal. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks again :cool:

A team mate was having some bad frame rates when the cannon was being fired. He did some troubleshooting and found that the audio quality settings in game compared to his Windows's settings were not the same. He changed both in game sound and his windows sound to use 24bit quality and his frame rate issues disappeared.

Not sure if that will help but just thought I would throw it out there.

Yeah I figured out it had something to do with the cannon, too. Ill see if I can fix it. Thanks for the reply.

Great addon.

I know ArmA3 has the MH-9 and AH-9 already in the game.

But would it be possible to get the MH-6J and the normal AH-6J from ArmA2 ported as well?

Regards

AzE

Can someone help with this im getting an error with some choppers mostly with a bad p3d files.

getting messages as to "bad versions 59 in p3d file 'hafm_arma2_helis\ah64\ah64d.psd'"

I'm having an issue where when I get shot down with a rocket or something, rather than the blades slowly turning off they just stop completely and I fall straight down. is anyone else having this problem?

I'm having an issue where when I get shot down with a rocket or something, rather than the blades slowly turning off they just stop completely and I fall straight down. is anyone else having this problem?

got the same issue not only rockets etc. but also hiting something so it looks like a rotor damage issue nothing major (unless you tend to get shot down a lot resulting in quick deaths :P )

Think i saw this mentioned before, but i could't locate it. every heli except for the chinook when it with a AA missile just drops out of the air no way to auto rotate. though in the Chinook its all good i took 3 AA missiles and still landed. lol hopefully this is a quick and easy fix.

I have seen this before, blades are too weak, the creator of the mod can just increase the damage resistance for the main rotor.

But lets get real, you get shot by a rocket, you are more than likely dead.

Yeah I figured out it had something to do with the cannon, too. Ill see if I can fix it. Thanks for the reply.

I've got this exact issue too. Get it on the A10 and it makes it unplayable 1fps when they fire for more than 1 sec.

I figured it was a mod, but nope, ran vanilla plus just this mod and it happens when you fire the apache chain gun.

So how do we configure in game sound to match the Hardware ?

My soundcard (Xonar STX) is set to 24 bit 192000 Hz.

What should I change in game or in Windows ?

SJ

my soundcard is configured the same, and the only thing I could come up with was to put in-game audio to 24 bit too... and it worked

I've got this exact issue too. Get it on the A10 and it makes it unplayable 1fps when they fire for more than 1 sec.

I figured it was a mod, but nope, ran vanilla plus just this mod and it happens when you fire the apache chain gun.

So how do we configure in game sound to match the Hardware ?

My soundcard (Xonar STX) is set to 24 bit 192000 Hz.

What should I change in game or in Windows ?

SJ

Have you considered lowering the sample rate on the hardware to something realistic for gaming, like 44100 Hz? No game made to date yet (as far as I know) is designed to take advantage of such high sample rates in hardware.