Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

Noting a couple of things:

As stoffl mentioned, the UH1H is oversensitive when pitching sideways, but feels like a brick when pitching forward/backward

The Chinook Co-Pilot seat puts you in the middle of the fuselage.

All transport heli's have the weird HUDs, would be nice if they didnt have them.

About UH1H and Chinook ... I'll try to fix these issues.

About HUD mentioned ... I believe that you are talking about Pilot Helmet HUD which is A3 Pilots default ... or you mean something else ?

About UH1H and Chinook ... I'll try to fix these issues.

About HUD mentioned ... I believe that you are talking about Pilot Helmet HUD which is A3 Pilots default ... or you mean something else ?

It's probably the default one, yes

When I fly in formation with the blackhawk the main rotor looks static/isn't turning - the MEV does not have the same problem.

Sry if allready reported

Edited by SxepTicon

@Aplion

Some issues:

Volume for Chinook and maybe for other helicopters may be messed up for Arma 3. (Currently the volume for the Chinook is smaller than the volume for the Boats and causes conflicts with some lift addons such as RAV Lifter for Arma 3 (He was kind enough to release a hotfix though))

Fix: Rescale helicopters for Arma 3 if you have the time :)

Values:

The boat was .15% larger than the Chinook (Hopefully this helps you!)

Edited by Dunbagin
Values for volume

Well I coudn t kill gunners in UH1Y Venom (side ones) with rifle. I gues it s a bug.

I didn't see this anywhere else so I am looking for the actual class name for the CH-47. It seems that when we try to assign it to ALIVE combat support module it wont work. Also igiload does not seem to recognize it when added to the script. Any help would be awesome, Great work on the port, we have been waiting for this for some time.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Belay that the actual class name is CH_47F worked it out :)

Dunno if this has been mentioned but the Chinook appears to be calling the CH_47FWreck.psd @ an invalid directory location "hafm_arma2" not "hafm_arma2_helis" seems to be an error within the CH_47F.p3d. Great stuff, love having these vehicles in arma 3.

Hey are you guys going to edit the Chinook where you can walk inside it like the CAF version and open and close ramp?

Guys ... sorry for that ... but ... IMHO ... the best practice for anyone wants to report any issue is to have the knowledge of what has been written in previous posts ... otherwise same things are repeated without obvious reason ...

Just one thing:

in the editor, the AH-1Z is named as "Cobra", whereas the AH-1Z is the "Viper" ;)

Just one thing:

in the editor, the AH-1Z is named as "Cobra", whereas the AH-1Z is the "Viper" ;)

Nice one ... it will be fixed :)

Nice one ... it will be fixed :)

Yea to be more helpful

AH-1W is the Supercobra

AH-1Z is the Viper

Is there anyway to adjust there trims to be like a commanche or be a bit faster....There to slow to turn and these combat choppers with the exception only the chinook move faster than this, also when in closer look mode from cockpit it just views the top of the choppers dash.

hi mate , really good addon , but i found some things Easy to fix i expect,

1--the ch47 have an issue , the wreck its no compatible or bad exported cause cant be readed in the game ,

2-- the hueys cant be boarded for more people if the pilot is inside ( bad thing )

3-- the ch 47 coopilot seat its bad positioned ( its in the top of the cargo bay of the chopper )

4--All Hud of all choppers had bad working , unreable data from speed alttitude , course , etc etc etc ... , try to use an A3 HUD

5-- Flares textures of ch47 and blackhawks are missed ( no textures when launching them on those choppers )

, by the rest its a good exportation good compatibilitty with physx and at guns of the attack choppers aim good at target , and penetration values are acceptable( the blackhawk mg can destroy a airport control tower with few shoots ... bad thing )

Waiting ( seriouslly) for a hotfix when able could be fucking awesome:yay::yay::yay:

hi mate , really good addon , but i found some things Easy to fix i expect,

1--the ch47 have an issue , the wreck its no compatible or bad exported cause cant be readed in the game ,

2-- the hueys cant be boarded for more people if the pilot is inside ( bad thing )

3-- the ch 47 coopilot seat its bad positioned ( its in the top of the cargo bay of the chopper )

4--All Hud of all choppers had bad working , unreable data from speed alttitude , course , etc etc etc ... , try to use an A3 HUD

5-- Flares textures of ch47 and blackhawks are missed ( no textures when launching them on those choppers )

, by the rest its a good exportation good compatibilitty with physx and at guns of the attack choppers aim good at target , and penetration values are acceptable( the blackhawk mg can destroy a airport control tower with few shoots ... bad thing )

Waiting ( seriouslly) for a hotfix when able could be awesome:yay::yay::yay:

the blackhawk mg can destroy a airport control tower with few shoots ... bad thing

You can do that with the Ghosthawk ingame too, it's something from Bohemias side.

I agree with the chinook:

When I place it in the editor (player pilot), unit 2 is right gunner and unit 4 is left gunner.

I can't see unit 3 - whereas he's in the chopper - he disembarks when told so.

So, can you make this:

SET Unit 2 as copilote in the cockpit and unit 3 as gunner?

I agree with the chinook:

When I place it in the editor (player pilot), unit 2 is right gunner and unit 4 is left gunner.

I can't see unit 3 - whereas he's in the chopper - he disembarks when told so.

So, can you make this:

SET Unit 2 as copilote in the cockpit and unit 3 as gunner?

I'm working on this as also for all so far reported bugs mate ... thanks

NP mate, you're doing fine work

great work man!, just please update the HUD's and then itll be perfect... im sorry to say i use these all the time to shoot down by my W.I.P phalanx's haha

love the work on these

great work man!, just please update the HUD's and then itll be perfect... im sorry to say i use these all the time to shoot down by my W.I.P phalanx's haha

love the work on these

Except AH64D HUD all others are auto inherited by default BIS helmet HUD placed on units ... I don't know if I can do something about but I'm looking at ..

Aplion,great job porting these over,they indeed need a update, but lots off fun so far, keep it up, love your work!

Aplion,great job porting these over,they indeed need a update, but lots off fun so far, keep it up, love your work!

Thanks mate ... I'm working on an update ...

Reported issues fixed so far ...

- UH1Y non viewable cargo ... FIXED

- CH47F wreck issue ... FIXED

- CH47F flares issue ... FIXED

- CH47F copilot issue ... FIXED

- UH1H stability issue ... IMPROVED

- UH60M flares issue ... FIXED

- UH60M rotor animation during formation ... FIXED

- Tracers color ... FIXED

- HUDs issues ... FIXED

- Number for Chaff / Flares ... INCREASED

- Available support types ... CAS ADDED

- Parachute backpacks ... ADDED

- First aid kits ... ADDED

- Medikits ... ADDED

- Crosshairs ... FIXED

Known issues pending ...

- UH1Y gunners unable to be killed using a rifle

- UH1Y glass needs to be less clear

- CH47F resize

Please in case I've missed something, report it back.

Edited by Aplion