Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

Great mod!

but how can I lower the ramp via trigger, script or WP?

Heli animate ["Ani_Ramp",1];

Heli animateDoor ["Ani_Ramp",1];

does not work for me..

Gave it a try, great work man! Must've been a lot of work.

Are you going to implement A3 flight-model and physX? Sorry if you've already answered this.

I guess faulty HUDs and missing shadows have been mentioned already.

I'm not sure that I understood you point mate ... this addon is based to the open models (unbinarized) of A2 that BIS published ... most of them are from OA version ofcourse.
Well, "most of them from OA version ofcourse" certainly answers that question. :D

As for the pilot/gunner proxies, I mean the fact that in my F-35B port (and seemingly the Blackfoot) the HUD was off-center relative to the default pilot view (i.e. when the Blackfoot pilot assumes fire control over the gun), whereas I see that we both went with the Kajman pilot/gunner proxies for our respective ports which caused the game crosshairs and the center of the pilot HUD (when in manual fire) to be seemingly centered properly... I suppose I was wondering whether you did any moving of the pilot proxy inside the model (i.e. left, right) and whether this would have affected the pilot's FOV (and thus where the center of the screen -- and thus the game crosshair -- would be relative to the pilot's view/HMD center when not free-looking).

Can someone zoom in/out when flying the Apache? 1st abd 3rd person? I for some reason can't.

Sry if it's allready mentioned

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@hafm_helis.png

@ Aplion;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks for this mate, appreciated :)

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Just a correction for your first post. The classname for the AH64 isn't "AH64" but rather "AH64D" ;)

Ops ... my fault ... thanks a lot :)

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Great mod!

but how can I lower the ramp via trigger, script or WP?

does not work for me..

Cargo door is only accessible by players ...

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Gave it a try, great work man! Must've been a lot of work.

Are you going to implement A3 flight-model and physX? Sorry if you've already answered this.

I guess faulty HUDs and missing shadows have been mentioned already.

What do you mean "faulty HUDs and missing shadows" ... no one else has been reported such thing so far ...

Thank you for releasing this Aplion, fantastic work!

Hope you don't mind, I did a quick showcase on these bad boys:D

Thank you for this really great mod, when calling in air support the units just nose dive out of the sky, it would be great if they could be used for air support radio calls.

@ToxicSludge ... nice one mate ;)

@Dav ... maybe it is something has to be inherited by some default A3 values ... I don't know but I'll do a search about.

@ToxicSludge ... nice one mate ;)

@Dav ... maybe it is something has to be inherited by some default A3 values ... I don't know but I'll do a search about.

When I tested the mod yesterday, in Takistan, on the apache only the cockpit and rotor gave off any shadows on the ground, the rest of the fuselage was missing. And the HUD was incomplete, missing some bits. The HUD in the Cobra was just a mess of green lines.

When I tested the mod yesterday, in Takistan, on the apache only the cockpit and rotor gave off any shadows on the ground, the rest of the fuselage was missing. And the HUD was incomplete, missing some bits. The HUD in the Cobra was just a mess of green lines.

About shadows ... have a look on ToxicSludge video above ...

About HUD ... try to run this addon using vanila ArmA 3 (plus this addon) ... maybe some other mod you are running causes some conflict.

EDIT : You said that you have tested in Takistan ... that means that you are running another ArmA 2 import (the islands or all in arma) ... I'm sure that may causes some conflict.

How about A3 fm and physX then, you going to implement it?

I know that this thread has almost 9 pages of posts but this has been answered before ... so again ... I'll do that in the future ... right now I need a rest :)

I know that this thread has almost 9 pages of posts but this has been answered before ... so again ... I'll do that in the future ... right now I need a rest :)

Ah sorry 'bout that.. Anyway, great work so far man, get some well deserved rest!

Nice mod,

I dunno if the error was already reported.

But I got this :

Cannot open object

hafm_arma2\ch47\ch_47fwreck.p3d

Keep moding

is it me or does the chinook look... small?

also, some helo's have working flares and some don't.

besides that, really like the mod. :) thank you!

is it me or does the chinook look... small?

also, some helo's have working flares and some don't.

besides that, really like the mod. :) thank you!

- Default ArmA 2 (BIS) model.

- Can you be more specific about flares ?

Thank you for making this mod. Its nice to see the lights and everything work just right with this port. Do you plan on porting some jets or vehicles? I am stuck on trying to port over the MaxproMrap i see you know what you are doing if you can help me in anyway that be awsome

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171139-MRAP-Maxxpro-Light-armoed-Vehicle

Thank you for making this mod. Its nice to see the lights and everything work just right with this port. Do you plan on porting some jets or vehicles? I am stuck on trying to port over the MaxproMrap i see you know what you are doing if you can help me in anyway that be awsome

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171139-MRAP-Maxxpro-Light-armoed-Vehicle

Mate I can't promise nothing more that I'll have a look on that MRAP and I'll contact you if it is "easy" to be ported.

EDIT : I have put a question in your thread ..

Edited by Aplion

Have you considered asking LJH about using his A2 chopper sounds? He seems very amiable about such things... :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170226-Jsrs2-1

I'll contact directly with LJ ... but first things first ... I have to fix any "major" issue before this ..

Already answered I believe :)

I love it! The more real materiel we can get into ArmA3 the better, still can't stand that "future" stuff.

Love it as well. Just one thing emerged - the Huey seems to be overresponsive. The slightest movement of my joystick almost causes it to flip, unlike any other. Is there something you can do about it or may it be a problem on my side? I've tried some stuff but it doesn't seem to change it.

About the flares: The UH60M and UH60M_MEV can eject flares, you can hear the ejection sound and can see some smoke coming off the sides where the flares should be but there are no flares or to be specific: You cant see them glow.

Another thing is that the mod itself doesn't seem to be compatible with the virtual vehicle spawner. As far as I know the VVS fetches all available vehicle-classnames from cfg/vehicles, dont know if that matters,

Would it be possible to get this mod working with the VVS?

About the flares: The UH60M and UH60M_MEV can eject flares, you can hear the ejection sound and can see some smoke coming off the sides where the flares should be but there are no flares or to be specific: You cant see them glow.

Another thing is that the mod itself doesn't seem to be compatible with the virtual vehicle spawner. As far as I know the VVS fetches all available vehicle-classnames from cfg/vehicles, dont know if that matters,

Would it be possible to get this mod working with the VVS?

This isn't a problem with this helicopter mod, it's that VVS is as yet unfinished. ;)

This is what I did, to set up "custom" Air and Car lists... in the VVS/functions folder go into fn_filterType.sqf and change the two lines below so it will work with custom vehicle lists, including this mod:

_vehicleList = switch(_filter) do
{
case "All": {(VVS_pre_Car + VVS_pre_Air + VVS_pre_Ship + VVS_pre_Submarine + VVS_pre_Armored + VVS_pre_Support + VVS_pre_Autonomous)};
case "Car": {VVS_Car};
case "Air": {VVS_Air};
case "Ship": {VVS_pre_Ship};
case "Submarine": {VVS_pre_Submarine};
case "Armored": {VVS_pre_Armored};
case "Autonomous": {VVS_pre_Autonomous};
case "Support": {VVS_pre_Support};
default {[]};
};

You will notice I removed the "_pre" bit from both the VVS_Car and VVS_Air lines... I have one spawn for each and this works perfectly using the following configuration.sqf:

//Only display vehicles for that players side, if true Opfor can only spawn Opfor vehicles and so on.
VVS_SideOnly = false;

//Only set to true if you are making pre-made vehicle lists with VVS_x (i.e VVS_Car)
//VVS_Premade_List = true;

//If you are going to use Pre-set VVS Vehicles it is recommended to set this to true as it will not run through the config saving CPU resources on initialization, otherwise leave as default.
VVS_Premade_List = true;

/*
								Pre-set VVS Vehicles
	This is similar to VAS's functionality, using these variables will only make those vehicles available.
	Leave them the way they are if you want to auto-fetch the entire vehicle config and list every vehicle.

Example:
	VVS_Car = ["C_Offroad_01_F","C_Quadbike_01_F"];
	VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"];
*/
VVS_Car = ["B_MRAP_01_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_Quadbike_01_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_armed_F","B_mas_usd_Offroad_02_F","B_mas_usn_Offroad_01_F","B_Truck_01_Repair_F","B_Truck_01_medical_F","B_Truck_01_fuel_F","B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Truck_01_mover_F","B_Truck_01_box_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F"];
VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","CH_47F","AH64D","UH60M"];
VVS_Ship = [];
VVS_Armored = [];
VVS_Submarine = [];
VVS_Autonomous = [];
VVS_Support = [];

/*
								Vehicle restriction
	Again, similar to VAS's functionality. If you want to restrict a specific vehicle you can do it or
	you can restrict an entire vehicle set by using its base class.

Example:
	VVS_Car = ["Quadbike_01_base_F"]; //Completely removes all quadbikes for all sides
	VVS_Air = ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"]; //Removes the Pawnee
*/
VVS_R_Car = [];
VVS_R_Air = [];
VVS_R_Ship = [];
VVS_R_Armored = [];
VVS_R_Submarine = [];
VVS_R_Autonomous = [];
VVS_R_Support = [];

Change yours to suit what you want to do.

Edited by Oktyabr

Noting a couple of things:

As stoffl mentioned, the UH1H is oversensitive when pitching sideways, but feels like a brick when pitching forward/backward

The Chinook Co-Pilot seat puts you in the middle of the fuselage.

All transport heli's have the weird HUDs, would be nice if they didnt have them.