Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

Anyone else having to use too many rounds to kill?

Outside of 200m It seems to take 3-7 shots to kill. Anyone else noticing it?

if you hit the vest armor than yes if you hit the head then 1 shot 1 kill

if you hit the vest armor than yes if you hit the head then 1 shot 1 kill

I can't think of a time that anyone has ever gotten a head-shot in Arma..ever. Engagements of 500-1000 meter usually result in the machine gunners killing the guys by spraying. Even snipers with long range optics are usually using the 1 hit kill 7.62's.

And Arma is ass in CQC, even then, just use your shotgun or throw a nade.

Edited by HJohnson

I can't think of a time that anyone has ever gotten a head-shot in Arma..ever. Engagements of 500-1000 meter usually result in the machine gunners killing the guys by spraying. Even snipers with long range optics are usually using the 1 hit kill 7.62's.

And Arma is ass in CQC, even then, just use your shotgun or throw a nade.

for the most i hit heads, you just need to learn to shoot, and i have to say Arma is great in CQC, maybe you just play a limited aspect of the game, or under the classical FPS P.O.V.

With the new stance adjustments and movement model ArmA is the best CQC shooter ever made.

In PvP anyways. The AI still lacks the logic or path nodes to face the right direction and use buildings properly.

I think Bcombat helps out in that area quite well, I've been taken out a few times by aggressive AI in building positions, of course it's not perfect but still a large improvement in fighting behavior when lots of cover available for them to use and I think it's only going to get better.

In regards to the OP question, I'm mostly playing irregular, aggressor, fia type units so no, they usually drop in one or two hits which is satisfying, I don't like the current damage system for csat/nato :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24097

Mao_Bullet_Hits_Value.pbo

increase bullet hit value, so that you could take a enemy down by 1 or 2 rounds, I really hate in current 1.08version, you have to strafe a bunch of ammo to waste a bad guy.

Yes, we all suffer from poor bullet damage.

Headshots with a sniper rifle is not the best tactic. Any hit in upper torso will kill them. Aiming for the head is just a waste of ammo.

I don't know how you play sniper but I snipe predominantly moving targets. Engage range 500-800m mostly.

Apart from taking so many bullets I find it very annoying that AI recovers from hits too quickly. They're just doing some weird animation (looks like they are belching :eek:) and then shoot as good as ever.