Sign in to follow this  
despi

Unkown respawn location for players

I'm hoping to make a zeus mission where players start at a helo crash site somewhere in the bush and they would have to find their way out. Is there anyway to arrange respawning so they wouldn't see their location at the respawn menu?

Edit: Well removing MenuPosition from the description did the trick for respawning but still showing the initial starting point at the beginning of the mission.

Edit: Came up with a work around atleast. Just spawning the players somewhere else at the beginning and creating the actual start location later with zeus.

Edited by despi

I'm hoping to make a zeus mission where players start at a helo crash site somewhere in the bush and they would have to find their way out. Is there anyway to arrange respawning so they wouldn't see their location at the respawn menu?

Edit: Well removing MenuPosition from the description did the trick for respawning but still showing the initial starting point at the beginning of the mission.

Edit: Came up with a work around atleast. Just spawning the players somewhere else at the beginning and creating the actual start location later with zeus.

I'd also like some more inital spawn options within Zeus. For some scenarios I have in mind, I'd really like to have all human players spawn individually at different (random) locations at the beginning of the missions and thus have them scattered around the island and force them to find each other and regroup, while I can write some individual stories for each of them until I finally add a spawn-point for the whole group.

It would also be nice to have e.g. a chopper count as the inital spawn point, so I can have it flying around the island, paradropping spawning players at random locations...

Thanks :) I'd still like to see something like this as an optional native feature of Zeus, though...

Why? Zeus is not a mission maker tool, it's a game master tool. You'll always have to make the missions first to let them be played with Zeus.

Why? Zeus is not a mission maker tool, it's a game master tool. You'll always have to make the missions first to let them be played with Zeus.

What's the difference? Zeus is intended to be a live mission editor and the "start with an empty piece of paper" part has been stressed often enough. There's no need to make missions first with Zeus, that's the whole point.

What's the difference? Zeus is intended to be a live mission editor and the "start with an empty piece of paper" part has been stressed often enough. There's no need to make missions first with Zeus, that's the whole point.

You have to place the required zeus modules at least. Putting some scripts in your mission folder and call them in your init is not much more work. Overcomplicating the Zeus interface however and risking a major loss of compatibility (just think of JIPs) is not really worth the benefits.

You have to place the required zeus modules at least. Putting some scripts in your mission folder and call them in your init is not much more work. Overcomplicating the Zeus interface however and risking a major loss of compatibility (just think of JIPs) is not really worth the benefits.

It is not much more work, but It requires me to make up my mind beforehand and it limits my flexibility when I'm already in the game as Zeus. What if I spontaneously decide to change my story so upon respawn players are scattered all over the map or don't know where they are, etc.? I don't think it would be hard to do...setting up individual spawnpoints for players or randomizing stuff doesn't sound like a potential compatibility breaker to me.