genesis92x

Degeneration : YAZM

Nice vid man :)

Just please try to make it as more performance friendly as u can.

Not all of us having i7's :)

Yeah :) I do cache the units when they are far away from a target. I am thinking of decreasing the range in which they get cached, and decreasing the # that spawn. Right now its only 10 at a time...but with 3 horde zombies roaming around - that can be 30 at once.

Hey y'all - I just posted another video about Marauders: (I just do these for the hell of it...fun for me :D!)

I was also looking for a few people who wouldn't mind testing an early,early,early version for me. Currently the mod is just a sandbox infection simulator - You have to decide your own goal/objective right now. Random events and things will persistently pop-up, but it's up to the player to decide what to do currently. It won't be like this in the final version of course, but right now I am focusing on the zombies themselves before focusing heavily on player mechanics.

I would also like players to even make a base in the editor and see how the zombies handle it. Making a base in ZEUS is also welcome. Objects that are not usually in the map get their own "unique" damage handling - it's more of a place holder for now but it should work.

Thank you!!!

Marauder voice work is excellent! It was the classic "Half Life Marines" squad deja vu here!

Can you incorporate this into your VCOMAI? or separate it as a module so we can use it with other mods.

VcomAI for OpFor, this AI for IndFOR or hostile group to all both BluFor and Opfor? It would be a incredible game with different AI tactics per group but not sure if current cpus can handle it.

If you tweak the voices and models, it would actually make a great "terrorist" type AI that can grow the army over time on a long running server, where a human group of players would have to try to push them back. Think of the current issues over in the ME for an example.

Marauder voice work is excellent! It was the classic "Half Life Marines" squad deja vu here!

Can you incorporate this into your VCOMAI? or separate it as a module so we can use it with other mods.

VcomAI for OpFor, this AI for IndFOR or hostile group to all both BluFor and Opfor? It would be a incredible game with different AI tactics per group but not sure if current cpus can handle it.

If you tweak the voices and models, it would actually make a great "terrorist" type AI that can grow the army over time on a long running server, where a human group of players would have to try to push them back. Think of the current issues over in the ME for an example.

Thank you! I can't take credit for the voices - but they do seem to fit very well. Degeneration will have Marauder towns/armies that start to rival the militaries the longer the unrest continues.

Hey y'all - I just posted another video about Marauders: (I just do these for the hell of it...fun for me :D!)

I was also looking for a few people who wouldn't mind testing an early,early,early version for me. Currently the mod is just a sandbox infection simulator - You have to decide your own goal/objective right now. Random events and things will persistently pop-up, but it's up to the player to decide what to do currently. It won't be like this in the final version of course, but right now I am focusing on the zombies themselves before focusing heavily on player mechanics.

I would also like players to even make a base in the editor and see how the zombies handle it. Making a base in ZEUS is also welcome. Objects that are not usually in the map get their own "unique" damage handling - it's more of a place holder for now but it should work.

Thank you!!!

Count me in, Genesis92x, I´ve been anxiously waited for YAZM and would be glad to contribute in any way (playtesting and feedbacking mostly)

cheers!

Hey all -

I will hopefully be sending out alpha's to people soon.

There seems to be a devastating bug that occurs when people are running CBA as an addon in MP. It looks like the addon/CBA don't get along too well and cause .RPT spam - I'd rather fix this issue before releasing.

Thank you all for your patience!!!

Looks awesome. Quick question mate. Will this support unit addons? I'm not a fan (I hate really) the A3 2035 units. Not sure why they even did that, but, let's not try to understand BI, never works.

-Regards,

Deny.

Edited by Deny_001
I said "mate" too many times

i am making a civilian reskin mod (as in some support services for civ incl. armed militia), will the marauders attack civilians ? or will they not see them as enemy ?

i love what you are doing btw :D love this organic/dynamic spread

Hey Dom, this definitely looks awesome. I have a group that would test this for you. Just PM me and we can get a dialog.

Comments/Questions: I didn't see these in vids. So bare with me.

1. food/water/gas ??

2. allow structures like buildings to crumble and set on fire as towns are overrun.

3. cars - build? scattered?

4. fuel stations? interaction with these? limited fuel to make players walk? fuel/repair trucks can be found and allow groups to keep going.

5. Too bad for no melee weapons, knifes, bats, crossbows, etc...

6. I like the idea of the Marauders and being a zombie. do the marauders build bases too? go outside of towns? Attack other groups (players)

7. may be have different classes start with different stuff. (ie, mil = basic rifle, pack, ammo, civ = pistol, food, water, marauder = more basic weapons vs military.) this may allow people to decide more about the way they

want to approach this game mode.

8. I like the no fatigue system for zeds, may be randomize the speed a bit for zeds and reduce the amount of animals, ( going by video only)

More suggestions will come. I am sure of it. Good luck and let me know about the testing.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

9. Limit the # of classes, so only so many mil units vs civ units for players to choose. Making more civ slots vs mil.

Edited by JAndrews1

Looks awesome. Quick question mate. Will this support unit addons? I'm not a fan (I hate really) the A3 2035 units. Not sure why they even did that, but, let's not try to understand BI, never works.

-Regards,

Deny.

Yes! This will be full mod support. The Marauders will grab any gear from any mod.

i am making a civilian reskin mod (as in some support services for civ incl. armed militia), will the marauders attack civilians ? or will they not see them as enemy ?

i love what you are doing btw :D love this organic/dynamic spread

Thank you! Currently the Marauders do not target civilians - since the idea is that they, themselves, are civilians. However...I'm sure they could be persuaded to shoot civilians. For a price.

Hey Dom, this definitely looks awesome. I have a group that would test this for you. Just PM me and we can get a dialog.

Comments/Questions: I didn't see these in vids. So bare with me.

1. food/water/gas ??

2. allow structures like buildings to crumble and set on fire as towns are overrun.

3. cars - build? scattered?

4. fuel stations? interaction with these? limited fuel to make players walk? fuel/repair trucks can be found and allow groups to keep going.

5. Too bad for no melee weapons, knifes, bats, crossbows, etc...

6. I like the idea of the Marauders and being a zombie. do the marauders build bases too? go outside of towns? Attack other groups (players)

7. may be have different classes start with different stuff. (ie, mil = basic rifle, pack, ammo, civ = pistol, food, water, marauder = more basic weapons vs military.) this may allow people to decide more about the way they

want to approach this game mode.

8. I like the no fatigue system for zeds, may be randomize the speed a bit for zeds and reduce the amount of animals, ( going by video only)

More suggestions will come. I am sure of it. Good luck and let me know about the testing.

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

9. Limit the # of classes, so only so many mil units vs civ units for players to choose. Making more civ slots vs mil.

1) There will be food/water and other resources you can choose to manage or not. Players will be able to create a camp. How big the camp gets is up to the players. The camp will need food,water,power, and ammo to keep going comfortably.

2) Zombies can tear down structures if they can not get to the unit inside - more destruction effects would be nice however. Maybe flipped vehicles?

3) Car will be implemented - however they have a custom system that players will have to maintain. Oil, tires, belts, engine parts, etc, etc. Vehicles will be expensive to maintain.

4) I'm not sure about fuel stations - if the vehicles are already difficult enough to maintain they may be okay. I might even use my own custom fuel system entirely.

5) Yeah, unfortunately there will be no melee weapons...ArmA's engine just isn't built for it. However, I did see a melee mod for ArmA, I might get permission to use it in Degeneration.

6) Marauders will build their own bases - it's not implemented yet. Player bases first! They will leave towns to attack/raid players as their town/camp has needs.

7) Blufor = Military (Action focused play, save people) Opfor = Military (Action focused play, trying to weaponize virus) Civilian = (Players decide play style, start with no gear what-so-ever).

8) Using fatigue I might be able to slow zombies - their speed is actually the Bohemia animations sped up.

Thanks for the post and I apologize for the long delay! I am still working on this, it's a big project and I want to release/let people test it when it's at least mostly ready.

Hell yeah, it is coming, it is coming! Count on me for the alpha tests, man! I hope you get permition to use MOCAP mod... but I´ll use it anyway so I can kick, neckbreak, punch and buttstock those pesky Zeds!

cheers!

Everything looks good and keep on trucking on it

Thank you!

;2854706']Hell yeah' date=' it is coming, it is coming! Count on me for the alpha tests, man! I hope you get permition to use MOCAP mod... but I´ll use it anyway so I can kick, neckbreak, punch and buttstock those pesky Zeds!

cheers![/quote']

As soon as I think it's stable enough - you will be getting a version :)

Thank you!

As soon as I think it's stable enough - you will be getting a version :)

sounds good. please send out alpha when you can. air assault will help.

Awesome. As soon as you finish up the version, I'd be happy to test it.

Regards,

Deny.

Thunder666;2865113']omg best news since Arma 3 Release ! :yay: And the zeds are useable in own Coops like A2 ?#

greetings and have a nice Day

Yeah, they will be useable by simply placing them down in the editor. When I do a "full" release scenarios will be easy to run by simply placing a few modules down on the map.