genesis92x

Degeneration : YAZM

Thanks for the response I love where this is going.....well thought out!

Hey guys, here's a test version with just the zeds. I have not done any extensive testing on this...so let me know about any bugs that pop up.

This should work on any map.

Download

A few commands

null = [this,30,10] execVM "VCOMZombie\ZombieWaves.sqf";
This acts like an infinite spawner. Put this in the init of anything. The second number is the delay in seconds before the next spawn. The third number is the # of zeds to spawn. These zombies do not actively infect towns but do hunt active units.

null = [this,"YES"] execVM "VCOMZombie\ZFunctions\VCOM_fnc_ZombieSet.sqf";
This will turn any unit into a horde leader. The horde leader will actually infect towns and spread the disease. They begin with a set cached horde size.

null = [this,"AGGRO"] execVM "VCOMZombie\ZFunctions\VCOM_fnc_ZombieSet.sqf";
This is just a basic zombie. He wants to eat your face - doesn't actively infect towns.

Edited by Genesis92x

QUITE NICE, Genesis... gave it a go and I must say I´m impressed... the roars are quite chilly and the progression of the infection was interesting! I still miss a proper zombie skin but it will come eventually as you´ve said... just out of curiosity: I use TPW, so I don´t know if there were initially healthy civilians in this test map that got infected or they were poor TPW civs that got eventually eaten by your zombies lol thou it helped a lot in the immersion!

The flag pole has an option: reclaim -> that´s the way you´d "free" an infected city? You´ve got to kill enough zombies and then reclaim at some flag pole? just curious... and anxious for the beta release ;)

cheers!

;2673512']QUITE NICE' date=' Genesis... gave it a go and I must say I´m impressed... the roars are quite chilly and the progression of the infection was interesting! I still miss a proper zombie skin but it will come eventually as you´ve said... just out of curiosity: I use TPW, so I don´t know if there were initially healthy civilians in this test map that got infected or they were poor TPW civs that got eventually eaten by your zombies lol thou it helped a lot in the immersion!

The flag pole has an option: reclaim -> that´s the way you´d "free" an infected city? You´ve got to kill enough zombies and then reclaim at some flag pole? just curious... and anxious for the beta release ;)

cheers![/quote']

Thank you! They are fairly basic and will need improvements as time goes on.

Yeahhhhh I want to give them a proper zombie skin and a proper running animation but I might have to team up with someone to do so. The horde zombies will automatically spawn 10ish civilians in their targeted town. Adding more civilians wouldn't hurt either. Once a town goes code red it will go on "aware" stance. Once a player gets close enough it will spawn wandering zombies. These wandering zombies act like sentries. It's actually possible to kill all the zombies with silencers without alerting the town. However, if a zombie spots you, you will hear a scream emit from the town. The town then spawns a horde to chase you down. Killing all the zombies and then doing the "reclaim" option on the flag will turn it back to green eventually. Right now it actually spawns some BLUfor units to hold the town while it gets converted back. This is a remnant from my mission that will eventually change.

Definitely a step in the right direction. I ended up with a ton of them and was running them over with a Slammer.

Definitely a step in the right direction. I ended up with a ton of them and was running them over with a Slammer.

Ha yeah. They can't do damage to a tank. In lighter vehicles, they will slowly (depending on the config values of the vehicle) wear it down.

Hey, once we have downloaded it, how do we install this ?

Thanks !

The folder is a simple overview of what you can expect - to install the scripts into other missions just copy the init, description.ext, ZombieBehavior.fsm, and the VCOMZombie folder into any mission folder. Then use the commands shown in the showcase mission (The one you download)

Wow I just love this mod... If only you could find some time to work on infected models it would be the best mod ever for Arma 3.

Undead Mod style.

Wow I just love this mod... If only you could find some time to work on infected models it would be the best mod ever for Arma 3.

Undead Mod style.

I might try to make it into a mod with models to boot - it is summer time now so the possibility is there.

Thanks for answering !

And indeed, it would be so awesome!

Just a few of them, keeping it simple would do the trick, considering the structure of the mod and the sounds are already made, like 75% of the mod is already done ! After that it's all up to us (the community) to make custom missions of it !

Cheers mate.

Congratulations, Genesis92x, this works great so far!

My questions/suggestion would be: How do I set it up to spawn only ONE Zombie which is infecting any unit he kills? For me the whole cities and hordes mechanic is hindering mission creation. Would be great if I could set it up so the infection spreads only the way I want it to.

I love the knockover feature! Does this apply to friendly units as well? So in case my mates see me knocked over they have a chance to cure me before I turn into a Z?

Until you have a Zombie skin, why don't you double the Zombies' health and then damage them to 50%. This way they should have bruises already, identifying them as Zs.

Thanks already!

Surfer

Until you have a Zombie skin, why don't you double the Zombies' health and then damage them to 50%. This way they should have bruises already, identifying them as Zs.

This is genius ! That would do it for now I guess !!

Congratulations, Genesis92x, this works great so far!

My questions/suggestion would be: How do I set it up to spawn only ONE Zombie which is infecting any unit he kills? For me the whole cities and hordes mechanic is hindering mission creation. Would be great if I could set it up so the infection spreads only the way I want it to.

I love the knockover feature! Does this apply to friendly units as well? So in case my mates see me knocked over they have a chance to cure me before I turn into a Z?

Thanks already!

Surfer

I will see about putting in a parameter in the init.sqf that a mission maker can disable/enable that will stop the town infections. This would allow more control for mission makers.

And that's not a bad idea about the health - I will have to mess around with this.

Thanks!

I'm using it to infect civies with the "AGGRO" type and it works great!

After reducing their health for the classic ZED look they drop a little quickly.

Using this snippet of Celerey to let them handle more damage didn't help, any idea how it needs to be adjusted?

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{if (_this select 1=="") then {damage (_this select 0)+((_this select 2)/10)}}]

Ah and sometimes I experienced the ZEDs damaging me even when they were still 10m away, following me. I could imagine this came from the checkdistance intervall being too long?

Thanks so much, I love your script!

I'm using it to infect civies with the "AGGRO" type and it works great!

After reducing their health for the classic ZED look they drop a little quickly.

Using this snippet of Celerey to let them handle more damage didn't help, any idea how it needs to be adjusted?

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{if (_this select 1=="") then {damage (_this select 0)+((_this select 2)/10)}}]

Ah and sometimes I experienced the ZEDs damaging me even when they were still 10m away, following me. I could imagine this came from the checkdistance intervall being too long?

Thanks so much, I love your script!

I think I have an idea on how to bloody them up and allow them to take much more punishment.

Also, I have noticed the zombies hurting players from a distance too. This came up in the last few patches for some odd reason - I will have to fix it.

The good news is that a good friend of mine made an animation mod that allows all units to sprint again - so we have sprinting zombies! Woo!

Great news, hope to see a new Proof of Concept map soon... or the YAZM proper map, of course!!!!

cheers!

I'm very happy with your script and have it adapted to my kind of use. Only thing I'd wish to deactivate was the "infected zones" on the map, even when I didn't place one ZED yet. Could you please point me towards what needs to be deactivated to achieve this? Or the other way around I actually only need the AGGRO-ZED which I can place manually and would like to deactivate everything else.

Thanks already for your great work!

;2702994']Great news' date=' hope to see a new Proof of Concept map soon... or the YAZM proper map, of course!!!!

cheers![/quote']

Thank you!!

I'm very happy with your script and have it adapted to my kind of use. Only thing I'd wish to deactivate was the "infected zones" on the map, even when I didn't place one ZED yet. Could you please point me towards what needs to be deactivated to achieve this? Or the other way around I actually only need the AGGRO-ZED which I can place manually and would like to deactivate everything else.

Thanks already for your great work!

Okay! This should be an easy request to fulfill.

Hey all. The old link is not there because I've already completely changed everything...

I am working on this again and will be releasing a quick youtube video about it soon for the few people who care :>

Hey all. The old link is not there because I've already completely changed everything...

I am working on this again and will be releasing a quick youtube video about it soon for the few people who care :>

I´m patiently sit and waiting for your updated beta YAZM version (have you talked to Craig from DZS and are you guys working along???) ... hope you don´t forget about me (and other diehard fans) ;D

;2812389']I´m patiently sit and waiting for your updated beta YAZM version (have you talked to Craig from DZS and are you guys working along???) ... hope you don´t forget about me (and other diehard fans) ;D

Haha' date=' thank you so much. And I may, or may not, begin working with Craig - I have yet to fully discuss it with him, but he is much more powerful at these kinds of things than me. So having the extra help would be amazing

Nice vid man :)

Just please try to make it as more performance friendly as u can.

Not all of us having i7's :)