genesis92x

Degeneration : YAZM

Here little snippet with the new version.

Heat Mapping In Degeneration

Marauders In Degeneration

Donation Info.

Hey all,

I do this all in my free time and, just like you, I don't get paid for ArmA 3 coding. If you feel like throwing a dollar at my wallet - I wouldn't argue.

Any money goes straight to paying college student bills for my wife and I. :p

Donation or not, I appreciate you taking the time to take a look at my creations. I am by far not the best creator of A3 content, so please donate to the ones you believe deserve your hard earned money.

x-click-but21.gif

Edited by Genesis92x

Looks great! Finally a Zombie mod that forces players to work together!

Looks great! Finally a Zombie mod that forces players to work together!

Thank you! Degeneration will definitely be focused on team-work. It will span from the beginning of the "invasion" to the complete take-over, if players allow it to happen.

YAY! Liked a lot A2 Degeneration, but it was unforgiving to my processor after some playtime, great to know you´re using FSM to improve the performance, and loved the concept (AI companions will help me as I won´t play it online as my buddy is back to colleage - no more coop for a while now...) Anxious to play your new version, Genesis92x

cheers!

;2632872']YAY! Liked a lot A2 Degeneration' date=' but it was unforgiving to my processor after some playtime, great to know you´re using FSM to improve the performance, and loved the concept (AI companions will help me as I won´t play it online as my buddy is back to colleage - no more coop for a while now...) Anxious to play your new version, Genesis92x

cheers![/quote']

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope it meets your expectations. (The trick is to keep your expectations really low :p )

This is interesting. I will definietely try this once. Well done!

This is interesting. I will definietely try this once. Well done!

Ha thank you! Maybe I can make this just good enough for you to try it twice ;)

Great job. Will yo work on infected models or will you leave the infected as it it ?

Thank you! And I have never worked with models for A3...I might get them some different faces that make them stand out - but I would need help from others if I wanted to get modded zombies.

I cannot speak as I'm not a modder, so I don't know what it takes, but just bloodied up faces and ripped off clothes would do the trick and contribute a lot to the immersion/scare factor :)

Subscribed!!! One question, will there be possibility to use zombies in editor (like Charon Undead mod)? And good luck with graduation, same thing is waiting me next year! :)

Subscribed!!! One question, will there be possibility to use zombies in editor (like Charon Undead mod)? And good luck with graduation, same thing is waiting me next year! :)

Yes! In-fact, I will be releasing the zombies (Without all the extra mission stuff) before I release anything else. The problem I am facing now, which is apparently unfixable, is that the last few patches made AI never sprint anymore. No amount of commands/engine trickery will get the AI to full sprint again. Of course this ruins the zombie immersion a little bit...

If I can figure out a fix, or just get tired of waiting for one, I will release them.

Edit: Thank you for the congrats :> and good luck to you!

The zombies never sprint or never run? I wouldn´t mind hordes of slower zombies (thou they wouldn´t be as slow as Romero´s zombies), never liked the WarZ and Snyders marathonist zombies and if you have few bullets, you can´t defeat them all, fast or slow =P

Anxious to test your map, A3 lacks a good SP zombie mod (Breaking point was nice till they´ve cut off all melees =/ ) for a break (DZS is nice, but those "healthy" zombies are tiresome..)

cheers!

not sp.... :O(

Unless I misunderstand, it will be SP compatible :> You just put in a few units, an init.sqf line, and they go precede by themselves.

;2665062']The zombies never sprint or never run? I wouldn´t mind hordes of slower zombies (thou they wouldn´t be as slow as Romero´s zombies)' date=' never liked the WarZ and Snyders marathonist zombies and if you have few bullets, you can´t defeat them all, fast or slow =P

Anxious to test your map, A3 lacks a good SP zombie mod (Breaking point was nice till they´ve cut off all melees =/ ) for a break (DZS is nice, but those "healthy" zombies are tiresome..)

cheers![/quote']

Yeahhhh - that is one thing I did to counteract the slowness is having hordes of the zeds. For performance reasons (Unless otherwise placed) I made hordes have a 10 zombie limit at once. So you can *technically* have a horde of 100 zombies but only see 10 at a time until the counter reaches 0. So that's true to an extent :>

So will this work in the same way as the Charons undead mod? e.g there will be groups which I can then sync to a module to turn them into zombies? As that is what I have been waiting for, so that I can recreate the CDF defending against the zombie hoardes without needing any scripts!

So will this work in the same way as the Charons undead mod? e.g there will be groups which I can then sync to a module to turn them into zombies? As that is what I have been waiting for, so that I can recreate the CDF defending against the zombie hoardes without needing any scripts!

It won't be a module - but it will be an INIT line that you put in any unit/object. This is purely scripts/FSM based (Like Celery's zombies). I need to redo some aspects of the zed's since the last ArmA update botched it a little - but I should be able to get that finished here soon.

I will be releasing my AI changes script suite first and then I will be coming back and releasing just the zombie scripts.

Ok, will they behave/look like the zombies in the Arma 2 Undead mod?

Ok, will they behave/look like the zombies in the Arma 2 Undead mod?

They will behave very similarly. Players residing inside of a building too long will eventually start to see the building crumble if a horde is surrounding the building (Zombies will try to path inside but A3 still has limited pathing inside structures.).

Zed's can get knocked down but arn't dead and can still bite.

There is an infection system and it is accumulative. Getting bit even once will infect you, but it will take some time for the infection to actually kill you. However, getting bit more will vastly decrease the time it takes for the infection to kill you and the likelihood an antidote will work.

The zombies do not have special skin textures yet :< I might be able to get something together with the custom faces but that's about it. The only way to distinguish zombies/ normal people apart is by what they're holding or the moans/grunt sounds they make.

Need this mod..when are you releasing something?

Need this mod..when are you releasing something?

I just released my AI improvement scripts so hopefully this will be coming soon. I apologize for the delay :> I am currently in the last couple weeks of my bachelors and it's just piling on.

As much as I want to play with this mod, release it when you are ready. We're just anxious and we really want a good AI enhanced version, instead of really dumb walking targets. Er.... that's probably an oxymoron with Zombies. :D

I'd love to see a simple version where you just have zombies as the AI, with no other things here and there. I'd love to design missions where you have your players start in a fortified compound and have to venture out in an armed convoy into the zombie wilderness to complete their objectives while fighting the zombie horde.

Looking forward to this Genesis - after playing your sandbox mission this should be good.

How much impact will this have on dedicated servers?

I used DZS for some time and found that JIP caused huge lag especially (in later builds) when players joined (JIP) or traveled to where other players were. It was something to do with the way the Zeds were spawned on triggers and it seemed for each player (the triggers were scripted and made local)

Would this work for Bangabob's COS scripts? Where in one of the files you can add the correct config to each unit or do you spawn all Zeds in from the start of the mission.

One thing I did pass on to craig (guy who did DZS) was having markers on the map flood with red (the markers get bigger the infected area spreads) it would be a nice touch to have on a keypress when the map is showing - so normal map then press "another key" as configured and you get a sort of overlay on where the infection is, the larger and darker the red the more Zeds you can expect to see.

Good luck with your studies.

As much as I want to play with this mod, release it when you are ready. We're just anxious and we really want a good AI enhanced version, instead of really dumb walking targets. Er.... that's probably an oxymoron with Zombies. :D

Heehee - I appreciate the patience. Saturday morning I will begin work on the AI zombies again and hopefully get them to the point where they are stable and good to run on their own so I can release them.

I'd love to see a simple version where you just have zombies as the AI, with no other things here and there. I'd love to design missions where you have your players start in a fortified compound and have to venture out in an armed convoy into the zombie wilderness to complete their objectives while fighting the zombie horde.

You got it!

Looking forward to this Genesis - after playing your sandbox mission this should be good.

How much impact will this have on dedicated servers?

I used DZS for some time and found that JIP caused huge lag especially (in later builds) when players joined (JIP) or traveled to where other players were. It was something to do with the way the Zeds were spawned on triggers and it seemed for each player (the triggers were scripted and made local)

Would this work for Bangabob's COS scripts? Where in one of the files you can add the correct config to each unit or do you spawn all Zeds in from the start of the mission.

One thing I did pass on to craig (guy who did DZS) was having markers on the map flood with red (the markers get bigger the infected area spreads) it would be a nice touch to have on a keypress when the map is showing - so normal map then press "another key" as configured and you get a sort of overlay on where the infection is, the larger and darker the red the more Zeds you can expect to see.

Good luck with your studies.

I designed this to have as small as impact as possible. When there are no threats to the zombies nearby they all become cached except for the leader. You can technically have hordes of 100's but each horde will only spawn 10 at a time. When one dies it gets instantly replaced by another until the horde is depleted. So in theory this should have significant less impact on servers than Survival does in its current silly state.

I hate using triggers. Do not want. JIP players should very minimal affect, not any more than normal for A3. I design my systems to not really even take players into account. From a design stand-point, the players aren't really important for the scripts to even run. You could just watch the infection spread and the AI try to combat it by themselves. Long story short, the scripts are not player dependent and actually have little interaction directly with the clients on a server.

This will work just fine with Bangabob's COS scripts. When the zombies "select" a town to go infect it will automatically spawn several civilians that wander around aimlessly. I can probably add a parameter to turn this off if other people populate towns in their own way. Zombies will not bother attacking a town without anyone in it!

And I used to talk to Craig on a daily basis! He is a good guy! I like your idea with the infection markers. I will have to figure out how to implement that - my goal for tomorrow is to make the scripts work for any island, and so I pick up on towns/special objects in the world and have green markers spawn on them so players know that is a location. They turn yellow when they are under attack, and turn red once they are infected.

Sorry if some of my text doesn't make sense - it's late and I am going to sleep now. Once I wake up I can begin work on the zombies. The biggest thing is just separating the zombies from everything else, the airborne virus infection module has to come out, and many other things such as that has to be separated but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you all for your support :>