Sign in to follow this  
Cookie77

Object Texture Problem

Hey guys,

So i took on the task of trying to make my own map... Its a tough one, but I hope to make it possible with some of your guys help.. As you can see I have the island laid out how I want it and now im just trying to place the objects accordingly to the plan I have in my mind...

Heres pictures of the problem

2dip0t4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/28rno04.jpg (234 kB) <<< Click

o0nmew.png

ohr7t1.jpg

Edited by Cookie77

Well in that second picture I notice you have you project in the ca folder. *Never* place anything inside the ca folder. Keep your projects in the root p drive. Move that folder out and you should be ok since the p3d is looking for e76_therestofthepath which if placed in ca and not the root of your p drive would be a cause of the p3d not finding the correct path.

You my friend are my hero... One question do I need to move all the objects I placed into the map into the map folder after and pack it? Or no.. Can you explain the possibilities of that?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Let me ask this tho from looking at that initial picture, this island is for a3 correct? And if so are you placing a3 objects? If not what objects are you placing?

Im using the source files from applegate for the roads side walks etc, that were released on the bi forums. Than I am using some buildings made by me like a tow shop and stuff... I am making the map for a3 that is correct as I am thinking/hoping its the same as the arma 2 manuals which is what im going off of.

Ok well currently the only way to place a3 objects with v3 is to use placeholders as v3 doesn't understand the new odol models.

But if your using your own objects just add them to either the natural object or artifical objects list and place as normal. Then just package that folder structure up as a pbo and make sure it's in the required adding of your island config and your good to go.

For animated objects the folder structure of that pbo needs to be inside your main terrain folder.

So if your terrain folders is this mytag\myterrainname

And you have a folder with all your objects called mystructures.

The mystructures folder with only the configs in it ,no p3ds, goes inside your mytag folder.

Alternately you can use a new packing tool from mikero called pboproject which all you need to do is list all those folders in a special box in the program and the program will take care of all that for you. I highly recommend pboproject.

You are a lot of help I appreciate it... Thanks for the quick responses too, helping my development get done sooner! Cheers for everything I will take all your tips and if I have any problems it looks like I know who to send a message to. :D

I had setup the folder on my p: drive like this:

ca\ all the bi stuff within this

E76_.... all the addons in the root path of p: