Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

J.S.R.S Vs Speed of Sound. Video 1 - YOU decided

Let me rephrase:

What exactly is wrong with the audio engine when mods like SOS or JSRS can show what it is capable of?

They can only show it through very, very extensive scripting. But even those Mods can´t fix all problems.

2nd video only have Marine for intro.. lighten up guys!

Sorry dude, that voice is just fkn irritating in the nicest possible way :)

ill just download the mods.

Thanks for the videos! SOS has come a long way since it was first released, but I think I still prefer JSRS. SOS sounds seem a bit too quiet in a lot of circumstances...the vehicles especially, where it seemed you could barely hear them until they were like 50m away from you. The SOS sounds themselves are good, and the weapon sounds are very good.

The quality of SOS sounds surprised me. Some of the weapon sounds are very good indeed, but on the other hand, for example some of the vehicle sounds and weapon sounds sound a bit weird and/or unfinished. Based on the videos, I'd select JSRS because of the consistent quality of the sounds. SOS has both the best but also the worst sounds, and the inconsistency between the quality of different sounds got me to choose JSRS.

Edited by Ezcoo
changed my mind!

As we play at 3 Commando GU, most of us seem to prefer SOS and have made the jump from JSRS it sounds less over the top.

JSRS sounds were much louder across the board. Might be they need some volume leveling.

That aside, they sounded better about 90% of the time to me. SOS was also a clear improvement on vanilla.

Yeah apologies bro, I shall be lighten up :)

The videos were very useful and a bit if an eye opener, have to say the SOS weapon sounds were very sweet, look forward to hear what they sound like in game, cheers!

Only if he want´s to get into trouble.

He could at least tell us, how he did it. Uploading a customized version of these mods is out of question of course. I tried putting the mods together on my own (selecting the .pbos I wanted to use from each mod) and I think it did not actually work too well. It was not gamebreaking, but it didn't really worked the way intended. The samples of JSRS did not seem to be used at all, SoS seems to be quite dominant in that regard.

There certainly isn´t an easy way of making them really work together flawlessly since both have a different approach to the scripts.

Both have their ups and downs, personally I use JSRS - as too many weapons in SOS sound like pop-guns to me, but on the other hand some SOS sounds are quite superior to their JSRS counterparts (IE: Vehicle engines, particularly the ghosthawk) only problem with most of those better sounds are that they are too quiet; I couldn't hear the Hunter or Panther much at all until they were within about 20m of the player.

JSRS wins.

If you ever fired a weapon you know that jsrs is the most realistic.SOS has too much echoes bf3iddish

I have fired different weapons and shoot quite often, and I must say SOS is closer to RL for me. BUT remember, the experience can differ a lot depending on your sound system!

What cry babies. Are those complaining really that lazy they can't skip forward to 1 minute?!? I found the voicing to be annoying and simply skipped forward... Problem solved. Makes me wonder if your mothers still spoon feed you baby food.

Although I like the idea of seeing them both side by side, the 80's rape victim modulation you used on your voice kept putting me off.

Fairly watchable apart from that though.

The combination of "80's Rape Victim" and your profile picture from Kelly's Heroes is too damn funny

What cry babies. Are those complaining really that lazy they can't skip forward to 1 minute?!? I found the voicing to be annoying and simply skipped forward... Problem solved. Makes me wonder if your mothers still spoon feed you baby food.
Black pot, hello.

SOS never plays right for me, obviously doing it wrong, when ever I try to use it all sounds are distorted or something, so JSRS for me, plus the distance sounds have a really nice effect, great all round sounds.

the comparison is as senseless as the syntheziser-jabba-300pound-gangsta voice. Both soundmods are on a professional very very high level, higher than default sounds of BIS and really a matter of taste what you prefer. JSRS had more time to polish all. Give SOS the time.

Regarding Sound Mods

Attention 7th Cavalry & AWG server admins:

Let public players use sound mods & VTS weapon rest.

That is all.

Recently i saw SOS Maker has posted few aircrafts passing sounds can u do aircrafts sounds comparison in next one??

My opinion is that SOS had slight advantage over JSRS because realy some things realy have natural sound with it i am gonna play littlebit with each and decide :) Thank you for the great vids