Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

CSAT faction question

It is made clear that Iran is the head of CSAT, and that North African nations, Asian nations (China definitely, the Katiba is described in-game as Chinese made), and some South American nations are part of the partnership. But is Russia? It's not explicitly stated that it is, but the fact that some CSAT helmets are experimental Russian ones and that their T100 Varsuk MBT (T95 Black Eagle in real life), PO 30 Orca Scout/light transport helicopter (KA 60 Kasatka in real life), and in some ways their MI 48 Kajman attack helicopter (Very similar to the real life MI 28 with some differences, mainly the tail) are Russian vehicles.

So is Russia in the CSAT?

In my honest Opinion, before the whole Arma Verse thing took place, and they changed all the names of existing things... I do believe that.

China + Russia + Iran = CSAT

The Kasatka and whatnot might be reverse-engineered or purchased models. Not necessarily an indication of Russia.

CSAT is likely to be a close replication of the SCO which is basically the opposite of NATO. CSAT also gives Iran a much stronger and more powerful role because it is currently only an observer. While Russia is a leasing group in this alliance our relations seem to be improving so their participation in this war is a good question that is difficult to speculate. Hopefully all this leads to a pacific DLC with some really impressive units.

200px-SCO_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

200px-SCO_logo.svg.png

Also, Russia exports tons of military hardware to the nations that would be involved in CSAT.

Also, Russia exports tons of military hardware to the nations that would be involved in CSAT.

Yep! That's what I was going to say. Russia doesn't really mind who they sell to...Just because someone buys their guns doesn't mean they are friends. It's just business...

Yep! That's what I was going to say. Russia doesn't really mind who they sell to...Just because someone buys their guns doesn't mean they are friends. It's just business...

/Horrible_russian_accent on

Business is business my friend

Jokes away, was there some word from devs there will be little group of russian military in campaign? Is it expected in 'Win" episode?

/Horrible_russian_accent on

Business is business my friend

Jokes away, was there some word from devs there will be little group of russian military in campaign? Is it expected in 'Win" episode?

Nope, nothing of the sort, haven't heard any devs mention Russian units.