Sign in to follow this  
resistance-rat

Car is breaking, when mission is loaded

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with mission loading and driving a vehicle.

Everytime I save the game, while driving a car and load it, car brakes itself, even if I'm holding E button.

I tried to fix that with eventHandler, but setVelocity makes car unstable and undrivable for a while.

addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{RESRAT_Car setVelocity [((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 0)+(sin (getDir RESRAT_Car)*20),((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 1)+(cos (getDir RESRAT_Car)*20),

((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 2)]}]

Any suggestions, how to force car to do not brake?

Edited by resistance-rat

If this is happening on mission load, as in loading of a saved game, I don't see a way to script that reasonably. Play with your keys a bit, I'm sure theres a work around. I'll bet jamming W will do the trick.

I've never used addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{ but I did test you code in a trigger and it is a bit jerky.

The issue seems to be that you forcing a fixed speed on the vehicle all at once, basically just giving it a kick up the backside.

You could try to smooth it out by placing it in a loop and apply a smaller force over a period of time.

If you can save the original speed or retrieve it on reload you could do something like this.

addMissionEventHandler ["Loaded",{
null=[] spawn {acc = 0.3;sleep 1; while { speed RESRAT_Car <40} do {sleep 0.01;  RESRAT_Car setVelocity [((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 0)+(sin (getDir RESRAT_Car)*acc),((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 1)+(cos (getDir RESRAT_Car)*acc),((velocity RESRAT_Car) select 2)];};};
};];

I've used 40 as default speed but as said it would be better if you could retrieve pre saved speed so the script will force the car to that speed.