Sign in to follow this  
[CORP] Sacha

AN/PNC-212 : Simple Military GPS Receiver

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Thank you man!

Fuck really nice this mod!

The clan BTS thanks for this,:moto:

Version 1.1 somehow collides with both TFAR and XMS. If I use SMGR 1.0 everything works fine but if I use 1.1 TFAR won't show any info on TFAR transmitting and XMS gives various errormessages about missing overlays and what not.

Don't ask me any details, because I don't have a clue on exactly what the problem is... All I know is it works with 1.0 and not with 1.1, so something has changed between them.

Edited by Watarimono

Known limitations :

Lighting issues on the 3D model (no direct light, model very bright when map is shown).

The vanilla GPS is still usable when the SMGR is equiped (because of simulation="ItemGPS").

The variables are still stored in the player's mission namespace. Meaning all the settings and state (battery level, waypoints etc) stick to the player not the item.

Any help to solve the above issues would be greatly appreciated

I hope you like it, all feedback and issue reporting is welcome.

For that last issue, have you tried using get/setVariable on the object, it should allow you to store variables on each individual object. If you do that though make sure you read the note on the wiki about setVariable being local unless you pass it another value to make it global and synced.

As for the vanilla GPS still being usable, if I remember rightly someone a couple of pages back made a tiny mod to the previous version to fix that. Might be worth looking at that.

Version 1.1 somehow collides with both TFAR and XMS. If I use SMGR 1.0 everything works fine but if I use 1.1 TFAR won't show any info on TFAR transmitting and XMS gives various errormessages about missing overlays and what not.

Don't ask me any details, because I don't have a clue on exactly what the problem is... All I know is it works with 1.0 and not with 1.1, so something has changed between them.

And it's the same with AGM. The new version of AGM uses rsc notifications instead of hints. When using SMGR, the AGM notifications are not displayed.

For that last issue, have you tried using get/setVariable on the object, it should allow you to store variables on each individual object. If you do that though make sure you read the note on the wiki about setVariable being local unless you pass it another value to make it global and synced.

As for the vanilla GPS still being usable, if I remember rightly someone a couple of pages back made a tiny mod to the previous version to fix that. Might be worth looking at that.

Items are not objects, they do not have a namespace.

This problem has been solved, but it's an ugly solution. I believe TFAR/ACRE both handle this by having a ton of numbered duplicate items so each radio is unique and uses the classname to keep track of which radios have which settings.

And it's the same with AGM. The new version of AGM uses rsc notifications instead of hints. When using SMGR, the AGM notifications are not displayed.

Yes, 1.1 of SMGR create conflict with some addons, TFAR, AGM, Safety Weapon, etc... I opened this ticket in the AGM Github, but the problem is in the SMGR i think

I have an issue, tested without any other mods, i can't press the bottom right button of the touchscreen (SEL most of the time), it's ok for menu navigation, but i can't save WP :/

What display size are you using ? I tested with normal and small and didn't have this issue.

SMGR create conflict with some addons, TFAR, AGM, Safety Weapon, etc...

I don't have a clue why this would be. I'll have a look ASAP.

Confirming that there is some sort of conflict, looking forward to an hotfix.

I don't have a clue why this would be. I'll have a look ASAP.

With AGM all hints are not visible. Including Medical Diagnostic, grenade throw mode and a lot more. Would it be possible to have the Version 1.0 for download anywhere, until this issue is fixed?

I looked for mirrors, but I cant find any old ones.

Thank you.

Best regards

Mag

At the bottom of the Armaholic.com downloadpage (just above the normal downloadlinks) you can now find a version 1.0 so those who want to use it can grab it from there.

At the bottom of the Armaholic.com downloadpage (just above the normal downloadlinks) you can now find a version 1.0 so those who want to use it can grab it from there.

Thank you :)

Thanks a lot Foxhound.

I havn't got much time right now. I'll update this topic as soon as I fix these issues.

Sorry for the inconvinience everyone.

I'm sorry but I'm not working to fix this right now. No time.

I'll do my best to get working on this in the next few weeks.

Please use version 1.0 for the moment, download link provided in this topic and on armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24835

Thanks for your patience and comprehension.

Oh, wow. I was just looking for this too because I wanted to check it out.

New interface is pretty sexy man. Can confirm it works with the latest AGM and TFAR.

Unfortunately I couldn't find it in the Virtual Arsenal. This is probably because the latest AGM broke adding items through it for some reason so it's probably not in your control. I had to force it with addItem. I also couldn't link it to my GPS slot, and had to just use it straight from the inventory. Don't know if that was intentional or not.

Is there any way you could upload a version that replaces the vanilla GPS entirely? As in use a script that detects it on load and replace it like how AGM did with bandages? I love the GPS much more than vanilla but the vanilla one is more practical to use (obviously) and there's nothing stopping my buddies from just using the vanilla one in COOP. I'd also like to be able to find them on AI and use the good old CTRL+M to bring it up. Binding the custom action to it doesn't seem to work.

Is this out of the realm of possibility? Because my immersion would hit the roof if it was.

Forgot to mention :

The SMGR cannot be placed in the GPS slot anymore, its a basic item like first aid kits.

I did this because i didn't find a way to disable the vanilla GPS when the SMGR was a GPS simulated item.

So to answer to PivMan, yes I think what you ask for is possible, but just don't know how to, sorry. I'll get back to that addon some time, and consider your request.

Great work :)

Love the new design and the ability to use keyboard for entering coords and names...

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest