Sign in to follow this  
[CORP] Sacha

AN/PNC-212 : Simple Military GPS Receiver

smgr.jpg

Hi,

As the name states this is DAGR-like GPS receiver, like there used to be on Arma2 with ACE.

It is a first release and has been tested, but not that much on real missions.

Features :

- Position tracking in 3 operating modes (STBY, FIX, CONT)

- Waypoint list edition

- Ability to quickly save your current position as a waypoint (MRK)

- Waypoint transfer between players

- Multiple units systems

- Power management

Readme with usage instructions included.

Feedback is always appreciated :)

Credits :

- Graphics by <G.I.D> Emperias

- Scripting by <G.I.D> Sacha

Download (~1MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvv2eme9lg93f1f/%40SMGR.zip

Edited by GID_Sacha

Awesome addon. You might want to tell people that the class name of the Item is "ItemSMGR". :) Btw. what would one have to do if the battery runs out?

edit: Is it possible to remove the GPS minimap (Right Ctrl + M) if the SMGR is equipped?

Edited by lukrop

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@smgr.png

@ Gid Modding Studio;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Awesome addon. You should look into integrating it with augmented reality glasses for waypoints and whatnot. That would be slick.

I'm just curious as to why the Armaholic Frontpage and Play With Six both direct to Arma OH? I was under the impression this was for Arma 3.

Are you sure it's #3 and #4 key? i set them but nothing happen

ofcourse i equipt it

Never mind

just don't bind them with '[' and ']'

keys

Edited by kgino1045

Je trouve votre addon vraiment tres bien fait. Petit soucis que j 'ai deja remarque. Au niveau des touches a regler pour le faire fonctionner ne sont pas 3 et 4 mais 4 et 5.

La touche 3 n ayant aucun rendu sur le jeu.

2 eme chose : Ce qui est dommage ce sont les coordonnées GPS affiché par l'appareil qui est trop precis. Les coordonnées en jeu s'arrete à 6 chiffres alors que le AN/PNC 212 en propose 10. Du coup pas facile de se positionner à l'endroit voulu.

Est ce une erreur de ma part ou le mod est trop puissant pour arma3?

En tout cas tres beau boulot à vous les GID.

Looks great. Any plans to add ability to connect DAGR to range finder a-la ACE2?

+1 this mod is great, thank you!!

Looks great. Any plans to add ability to connect DAGR to range finder a-la ACE2?

This would be great!

Je trouve votre addon vraiment tres bien fait. Petit soucis que j 'ai deja remarque. Au niveau des touches a regler pour le faire fonctionner ne sont pas 3 et 4 mais 4 et 5.

La touche 3 n ayant aucun rendu sur le jeu.

2 eme chose : Ce qui est dommage ce sont les coordonnées GPS affiché par l'appareil qui est trop precis. Les coordonnées en jeu s'arrete à 6 chiffres alors que le AN/PNC 212 en propose 10. Du coup pas facile de se positionner à l'endroit voulu.

Est ce une erreur de ma part ou le mod est trop puissant pour arma3?

En tout cas tres beau boulot à vous les GID.

welcome to the forums Tomahawk 11 choc, perhaps you should read

http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=showrules first and then especialy rule # 13 ;)

nice addon now only need to get it to work :P (some slight problem using #3 & #4 somehow [noooo.. i am not using [ & ] :p ])

this is going to be a good use as i hate the magic position and now i can check my position agains my map :)

Edited by supergruntsb78

Looks great :) I've had serious withdrawal symptoms from my ACE2 DAGR unit.

I've set Custom Control 3 and 4 to "normal" keyboard keys (H and J) but nothing happens on CC3? What is supposed to happen and am I doing something wrong?

CC4 works fine to access the unit for programming etc but nothing on CC3.

I hope it is supposed to work as in ACE2 that you could have it onscreen all the time and still move around. (http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/_i3TA4yPgHo/maxresdefault.jpg)

Sorry guys, there's an error in the readme, keys are custom #4 and #5

#4 is for the interactive display

#5 is for the HUD.

By the way, CBA_A3 is required to run this addon, didn't mention in the readme :confused:

Is it possible to remove the GPS minimap (Right Ctrl + M) if the SMGR is equipped?

Hi, thanks for pointing this out. I erealy never use the original GPS so I didn't even try it. I'll fix this in the next release.

You should look into integrating it with augmented reality glasses for waypoints and whatnot

This was a feature on an early version, but i find it somewhat unrealistic. Even it is realistic, it's too much of helper in my opinion.

But maybe I'll add this feature back on a branche addon.

Any plans to add ability to connect DAGR to range finder a-la ACE2?

This is planned for the next release.

Thanks to all for your feedback it is very motivating.

I'm working on other stuff right now, but I'll release the next version ASAP, maybe in a few weeks.

Edited by GID_Sacha

Sorry guys, there's an error in the readme, keys are custom #4 and #5

#4 is for the interactive display

#5 is for the HUD.

Thank you, worked like a charm now :)

This looks awesome!!!

Love anything that's more old school and geared to better immersion.

But I'm lost... What are "Custom Keys"? Where and how do we start?

Nice mod....we're doing a group-wide test this weekend.

Question and thought..............would it be possible (via script maybe) to start the GPS with a set of waypoints at the beginning of the game?

This ouwl allow a mission maker to start everyone with preset waypoints.

Nice mod that obviously had a lot of thought put into it. Well done!

What are "Custom Keys"? Where and how do we start?

Hi, custom keys are a set of controls that can be used by addon makers to allow players to choose which controls they want to bind to the mods actions.

You can set custom keys via the "configure" menu, under "controls > custom controls", custom controls are labeled "user action #1, #2 etc".

So to use the SMGR, you have to bind keys to User action #4 and User action #5.

would it be possible (via script maybe) to start the GPS with a set of waypoints at the beginning of the game?

Hi, I'll be working on this for the next release.

Most likely under the form of a module that mission makers will be able to place in their missions and sync to markers, something very simple to use.

Not realy sure yet but it's definitly a feature I wanted to add since I started this addon.

How do you do that? I think that's only for Dev Build. I can select any Custom to any Key, but THEN what?

At that point there's nothing more it'll let you setup. Confused...

Hi,

Just bind keys to User action #4 and #5. Then launch a test mission, grab an AN/PNC-212 and hit the key you just set for User action #4.

I'm so super sorry. Maybe I'm too tired. Not much sleep all week.

You never stated you needed to grab this AN/PNC-212. Where

exactly would you find it? I feel like I'm missing something here...

I thought it was pretty obvious that you need to have an item to actualy use it ... Get some sleep man you need it ;)

I think explainning how to add an item to a units inventory is a little bit out of the scope of this thread. Look here for a start : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addItem

The classeName of the AN/PNC-212 is "ItemSMGR".

PM me if you need some more help to use this addon, I'll give your more details.