silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

You can also export to a mission.sqm file, but you can only export objects and not units.

With the exportet mission.sqm you can then start over in the regular editor.

I guess X-Cam is best referred to as (rapid) object placement tool at the moment. ;)

Come on! Silola! release it already like bohemia... just update later! this is really needed!! ;)

Things that are not goint to happen anytime soon: "... just update later!"

@Esfumato

Just try the Map Builder from Neo Armageddon it should be much better then the given BI Tools

what i hear so far

Hi,

the last part of the video tutorial is ready now.

And sorry ... this part is the longest one, because I didn't want to make one tutorial part more. :(

- Dynamic tooltip text

- Button definitions

- Global delete and replace function

- Marker function

- Delete a project

- Export your project

- Import data into the TerrainBuilder

- Change the export path

- enablesimulation 'false' for a single object

- Save some init code for a single object

- Turn the simulation ON temporarily

- Export / Import a colorset

- Share prefabs, favorites and projects

http://www.x-cam-editor.de

Silola

Oh man, the time is upon us ^_^

Hope the release doesn't encounter any problems, I have the next couple weeks away from college... Last bit of free time I'll get for a while.

Fantastic work, Siola. You've done amazing with all these tutorials and the addon itself looks unbelievable. I'm happy you've taken your time with it! With every video more and more features are shown and it's just incredible how much you've actually done.

Oh oh ... its getting serious now? Damn ... i´m in the middle of a "move" from house to house ... dont know to right way to say in english ....

I´ll have to take back my question for a testing version, i have no time and internet for the next weeks. Maybe someone else want to?

Hi,

I've released the X-Cam version 1.0 to some people to get a bit feedback before release.

So, the less bugs and problems the team has, the closer the release.

Thank you for your patience.

And thank you guys for testing !!!

Silola

@AUS: I like it that u like the X-Cam :)

Edited by Silola

I've been lucky to do some testing on X-Cam and it is a literally game-changing tool for object placement in terrain building and mission making.

One thing I'd advise, though, is to RTFM!

Silola has put a lot of effort into the tutorial videos - and with good reason. X-Cam is not a hard tool to use (compared to Terrain Builder), but there are so many things you can do with it, you do need to watch the tutorials to get the maximum value from the tool.

So if you haven't already watched the tutorials, now's a good time to get started! :)

@ Major_Desync

Hi

it seems that you better should write WTFV "watch the fxxxxx Video" :-)

I've been lucky to do some testing on X-Cam and it is a literally game-changing tool for object placement in terrain building and mission making.

One thing I'd advise, though, is to RTFM!

Silola has put a lot of effort into the tutorial videos - and with good reason. X-Cam is not a hard tool to use (compared to Terrain Builder), but there are so many things you can do with it, you do need to watch the tutorials to get the maximum value from the tool.

So if you haven't already watched the tutorials, now's a good time to get started! :)

And I have to say it again, there is no documentation, only the tutorial videos and a pdf document with all the keyboard short cuts.

And just a side note: if I interpret it correctly ... until now no errors or bugs were found :)

Silola

And I have to say it again, there is no documentation, only the tutorial videos and a pdf document with all the keyboard short cuts.

And just a side note: if I interpret it correctly ... until now no errors or bugs were found :)

Silola

Not to worry I'll find one :p

Not to worry I'll find one :p

I hope this will not happens: "Since SavageCDN is using the X-Cam, 541 bugs were found.

I would never put you under that kind of stress... I'll try to keep it under 100 bugs found :p

My terrain craves X-cam :D

Hold on and watch video :don8: