silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

I remember that one mission where you played as victor or whatever his name was and you had to drive to his office. I remember playing it a few times and it seemed like it took hours to drive from the airfield to the office. That was one of the most vivid memories I remember from my OFP days, among a few others.

Victor Troska was his name, leader of the Resistance :). I would love to see a Nogova Map in A3, would go with my Nogovan Armed Forces Project perfectly :)

Cant wait to build my missions with this wet dream of a tool :o

Thanks for your great work.

Holy sh*t, if this is for creating Terrains then it is by FAR and away the single most anticipated mod tool coming out for me...

Your approach of releasing Tutorials videos (That are amazingly clear and well presented) is also most welcome.

Keep up the fantastic work man..! :)

Many thanks :)

But, mod tool for "creating terrains" is not the right description, because you still "create" the terrain with the TerrainBuilder.

But if you have an empty terrain ready, incl. some roads, then you can give the X-Cam a try.

Silola

Holy sh*t, if this is for creating Terrains then it is by FAR and away the single most anticipated mod tool coming out for me...

Your approach of releasing Tutorials videos (That are amazingly clear and well presented) is also most welcome.

Keep up the fantastic work man..! :)

That sounds perfect Silola, I will try to watch all your tutorials the first chance I get..! :)

Hi,

part 12 of the video tutorial is ready now :)

- The significance of the reference object in connection of a height change

- The use of the basic grid size

- Set an object selection immediately to a new position

- Advanced ASL switch function

- Set objects immediately to an other height level

- Set and use a user defined working height

http://www.x-cam-editor.de

Greeting

Silola

@1PARA{God-Father}: Many thanks :)

Awesome tutorials, you really know how to build anticipation :)

But if you have an empty terrain ready, incl. some roads, then you can give the X-Cam a try.

Oh it's ready (bar some sat layer bugs)!

Dito. Got 30 x 30 km of coastline ready, fixing up the small bugs and tweaking the roadnetwork etc waiting in anticipation. Though I will probably need some help putting in all the houses, I can't even venture a guess how many there are even if mostly rural areas :) So if you ever got the impression Silola that no one is holding their breath for your tool, you are wrong :)

Dito. Got 30 x 30 km of coastline ready, fixing up the small bugs and tweaking the roadnetwork etc waiting in anticipation. Though I will probably need some help putting in all the houses, I can't even venture a guess how many there are even if mostly rural areas :) So if you ever got the impression Silola that no one is holding their breath for your tool, you are wrong :)

I hope so, because otherwise the effort would be entirely in vain. :hang: ........................... :wink_o:

Silola

I hope so, because otherwise the effort would be entirely in vain. :hang: ........................... :wink_o:

Silola

I'd gladly bump this thread every hour just for the sake of motivation but that would count as spamming I fear.

May I ask how much time did you invest in making this tool? Rough estimate? Looks like a full time project for me. Cant imagine you still have time for playing the actual game :D

I'd gladly bump this thread every hour just for the sake of motivation but that would count as spamming I fear.

May I ask how much time did you invest in making this tool? Rough estimate? Looks like a full time project for me. Cant imagine you still have time for playing the actual game :D

Please don't ask me about the invested time :p

If I ask my steam profile, then I'm shocked ... round about 3.800 hours ... but not only for the X-Cam,

because there was also the DAC and the xcam_prototype map, and of course some mp sessions :D

And ... you know ... to make such a tool is also a kind of "play the game". I like all the possibilities.

Silola

Your videos make me really excited, Silola! I've just recently started work on tropical terrain and I'm quite daunted at the prospect of placing some of the items using the existing tools. I'm sure there are plenty of us who will jump all over this when it's ready for us to try! Keep up the great work! :D

Haha SIlola I only got 478hrs on Arma 3.. probably 75% of those spent playing pilgrimage :D Looking forward to placing stuff ingame. Esp the fine details like fences, clutter and so forth look to be much easier to add in X-CAM. It's so barren without all those little things littering the map.

A sneak peak of what I'm working on:

2015_02_17_00003.jpg

2015_02_19_00001.jpg

2015_02_19_00002.jpg

Haha SIlola I only got 478hrs on Arma 3.. probably 75% of those spent playing pilgrimage :D Looking forward to placing stuff ingame. Esp the fine details like fences, clutter and so forth look to be much easier to add in X-CAM. It's so barren without all those little things littering the map.

A sneak peak of what I'm working on:

http://s14.postimg.org/5m5x5uf1p/2015_02_17_00003.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/q7koxqwml/2015_02_19_00001.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/lvw38qppp/2015_02_19_00002.jpg

Hmm ... it's a little bit dark to place some objects ;)

(the 13th part is up within the next moments ...)

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Hi,

part 13 of the video tutorial is ready now.

- The background behind the object detection distance

- How to use the favorite lists

- How to create a new favorite list

- The possibilities to add object types to a favorite list

- How to add already imported objects to a favorite list

Silola

May I ask if you will continue to support DAC after you release X-Cam? Any update planned? Looking forward to seeing improvements in DAC :).

Hi,

part 14 of the video tutorial is ready now.

- Create a new favorite from an object selection

- Create an object collection from a loaded favorite

- How to use the advanced replace function

- Create and use the dynamic object pool

- Change the probability calculation within the dynamic object pool

Silola

Will you upload the entire tutorial as one? ;)

Do you guys ever sleep? Sheesh, shouldn't you at least get like, a nice 12 hours of rest? Hehe, looking great.

There are no "guys", there is only one "guy" ;)

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Will you upload the entire tutorial as one? ;)

LOL !!!

Is there anyone who has actually seen all the videos?

Why? Is there a hidden winning game? I'm trying but you're too fast. :-P

LOL !!!

Is there anyone who has actually seen all the videos?

Heh.. you'd be surprised XD

I've watched every single video all the way through... Got to be prepared for that release man!