silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

hi ser i would need you to answer to some question please:)

1)can i know the specifics of your pc?tnx

2)you where recording and in my opinion as i can see you have 30 fps (about) how many fps can you reach without recording in a normal multiplayer match with 64 players? tnx very much

whatch his other videos, I think his specs were mentioned in one of them ...

also silola isn't allowed to "play" ... but his notepad++ dosen't get any FPS los anyways! :cool:

@silola

this tools is fitted for MP terrains IMHO

is it possible to insert a script that show a FPS counter?

for me this helps to placing the right amount of objects like the "budget monitor" in Cryengine

What exactly do you mean with "fitted for MP terrains" ???

There is allready a fps counter. If you have a closer look to the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

FmF8aEd.jpg

But if I record a video, this counter shows not more then 30 fps, because that's the setting within the record software.

You have to watch the videos in 1080p to spot this counter ;)

@t-800a: I'll catch you and then ... :coop:

Greetings

Silola

@silola

this tools is fitted for MP terrains IMHO

is it possible to insert a script that show a FPS counter?

for me this helps to placing the right amount of objects like the "budget monitor" in Cryengine

i meant that is this tolls helps a lot for MP terrain, i would use this tool to create a MP terrain by small maps and to avoid dense forests and huge villages

Having just spent several hundred hours over several months building an island by hand with Buldozer, the possibilities X-Cam open up makes me weep with joy. :)

Roads, rocks, walls, incidental object clutter - these are some of the most painstaking, eye-straining, hair-pulling bits of mapmaking. Having done more than enough of these on my first map - I had begun to avoid thinking about building maps with lots of urban areas, since they are a huge time sink to place and get right. Anything that can make that even just a little easier will be a tremendous help to the Arma mapping community.

And if you are doubting the value of X-cam, consider that it will put more complex and interesting maps within the reach of mapmakers. No more (or at least less) searching for a piece of terrain with not too many towns, not too many buildings, not too many mountain roads, not too many rocks etc. I can't wait!

Good luck and good coding to you!

I wonder if it would be somehow possible to modify the x-cam code to allow for procedural object placement, like vegetation or towns?

Would allow for much larger maps without having any loss of detail because of only rendering/placing objects where needed.

I hope some kind map makers will make blank templates to use, I've always wanted to create a map but have no clue where to start, even after reading guides i'm lost :confused:

Richie: Then start reading some tutorials.

Making the island itself really is the easy step ;)

I've tried, couldn't get started, I'm useless with images and satellite whatevers ...

This is looking great Silola.

I can already envisage an extension that pans the camera around a selection, grabs a few screenshots via callExtension and pops the resulting screenshots + selected object definitions up to a web service for sharing prefab creations.

I've tried, couldn't get started, I'm useless with images and satellite whatevers ...

Well then read some Tut's! There are pretty good one's available, e.g. bushlurker's.

Like Silola said earlier: X-Cam is only for Object placement, everything else like the terrain, the satmap, the roads, the groundtextures & the clutter still needs to be done by the mapmaker!

I wonder if it would be somehow possible to modify the x-cam code to allow for procedural object placement, like vegetation or towns?

Would allow for much larger maps without having any loss of detail because of only rendering/placing objects where needed.

There is already a big delay in MP for other players, when I load in a big "project" ...

Maybe in SP it may work, but I think the effort you need to put in the scripts for a good looking procedural object placement isn't woth the time.

Hi,

maybe some of you are interested to visit the new X-Cam website: http://www.x-cam-editor.de

I'm working atm on all the video tutorials and the first five parts are ready for download now, but please excuse my bad english :-(

After I've finished all the main parts of the tutorial, the release of the X-Cam is around the corner :)

Greeting

Silola

Hi,

maybe some of you are interested to visit the new X-Cam website: http://www.x-cam-editor.de

I'm working atm on all the video tutorials and the first five parts are ready for download now, but please excuse my bad english :-(

After I've finished all the main parts of the tutorial, the release of the X-Cam is around the corner :)

Greeting

Silola

Legend! Thank you and the team.

Anticipation Intensifies. ;D

Hi,

Greeting

Silola

Great news! Keep up the good work! :D

Tutorial Videos!!! Have to look´em all! :D The next months are getting interesting.

Bohemia should stop trying to make a 3D Editor. It cannot compare.

Love ya Work!

Sweaty hands, no kidding.

/Edit

Ehm, using it in coop with other players in MP is not possible? So ... Editing together, Save the Project, Load Project in SP again and save to *.sqm?

Do you have some function to save the project to *.sqm?

Edited by Astrell

Hi,

thanks for the nice comments :)

Working together is of course possible. The xcam_prototype map, for example, was a team project.

But it's not possible to mix the projects from each user together (online), because each user saves his own dataset local.

But you can share favorites and prefabs on the fly and you can also import prefabs and colorschemes from other users (maybe also projects)

It's also possible, if each user saves a project as a script file, to merge all script files together manually and then load this script into your mission, for example.

And yes, I'm currently working on mission.sqm export also.

@Astrell: Many thanks:notworthy:

Greeting

Silola

Awesome!

And yes, I'm currently working on mission.sqm export also.

Will it be possible to import from mission.sqm too?