silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

Huahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Sorry, but it's not possible to create an import file for Huahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Maybe later :p

@MikeTim you could at least try to be a funny person instehad of a bit jerky one;) i dont think i use medical stuff at all;) so awsome comment yours...nikiforos surely xcam wont need a manager cuz developer will became famous in a bit of time ill just help it to becsme more famous;)

Yes this shed was build with 43 objects each side the one side version is on the right side of the screenshot

Very cool looking kit.

I'm wondering about the performance impact of such "pieced-together" objects? Is it even practical to have such things in missions considering how many individual objects are used for them?

Historically the performance impact of a lot of individual objects was quite large.

Very cool looking kit.

I'm wondering about the performance impact of such "pieced-together" objects? Is it even practical to have such things in missions considering how many individual objects are used for them?

Historically the performance impact of a lot of individual objects was quite large.

some cross quotes about performance from the x-cam prototype map topic ...

[...] and here, here, and here.

... it will be up to the creator of the map. If he decides to melt our CPU's, so be it.

I am unable to find a download link for this map.

I want to do a complete performance analysis on the map on my own rig, to see how it runs.

Ahh, that explains it. Well cannot wait for this to be released .

Looks like a must for map/mission makers >:D

I guess christmas will slow down the development 'tho

Wow, you guys been working for four months with this tools but still not ready to release to the community. Thank you for not publicing it to spare us mapmakers from using something better than nothing.

Keep it up, please give us more screens and updates about this. Can't wait to not try this tool out tonight!

Wow, you guys been working for four months with this tools but still not ready to release to the community. Thank you for not publicing it to spare us mapmakers from using something better than nothing.

Keep it up, please give us more screens and updates about this. Can't wait to not try this tool out tonight!

Dont worry bro ¡¡¡ im wainting more o less one year from a tool from terrain builder of smooth roads correctly :yay: i I think that these people are not really your enemy;)

...I think that these people are not really your enemy;)

Oh yes they are! Someone must take the heat when we are pissed off because what we got for Christmas was socks and other soft shit...

Hi,

I am not only working on bug fixing, but also on many usefull functionalities. There are so many things to do.

But what happens when the X-Cam is released? There are two things that makes me worry.

So many pm's reached my postbox, and I think so many people have not understand what the X-Cam exactly is.

Some may think that they can create a complete map with the X-Cam in a few days/weeks, without having to use the official tools.

But in principle, the X-Cam can only create content for an existing (empty) map, or an existing mission. That's all.

I think many people will be disappointed then :(

Others maybe will use the X-Cam for quickly creating new content for Arma 3 and then sold this content within a modification.

But I do not want this. And now? I don't know.

Greetings

Silola

I'd say that when somebody use's X-Cam, he isn't allowed to sell his map. But how to make that sure..i don't know. Maybe with registering or something like that.

And for those who think they can make a whole map with it..well..it's their problem, not yours. But for those who can make use of the Official Tools it will be a BIG assistance!

Some may think that they can create a complete map with the X-Cam in a few days/weeks, without having to use the official tools.

Others maybe will use the X-Cam for quickly creating new content for Arma 3 and then sold this content within a modification.

that would be nice..... :D LOL

Why People not understand that we works Months on a Map, there is a lot of work. With this tool we place Objects on our maps faster and make it more detailed.....

This tool save us a lot of work and time (nerves). (Buldozer :mad:)

I hope you give it to us soon Silola :rolleyes:

Thanks for your time and Work :D

Map maker is skilled. Map maker than sends maps to skilled X-Cam users for skilled placement of objects. Map made in a little less time than the traditional way. The part for people using it to make money, signing up and keeping track of members who use X-Cam is a good way to go, that way in any case, you can find out who did it, and take legal actions. And let's be honest, usually when someone does something dirty, people talk.

Silola, the same thing could be said for any tool created for Arma 3 and for every tool created there are 100 tools that won't know how to use it. No change for any one of a dozen mods out there.

However you don't create mods for those people - you do it for those who understand exactly what the tool is for and how to use it. For those people the idea that you might NOT release it for fear of 12 yr Olds not understanding how it works... well it will break their heart and seems a very strange motive if I'm honest.

The monetary issue, meh... Again EVERY mod builder has that issue, there are licenses in place to prevent it.. what more can you do ? It's been an issue since Modding was invented.

Please do re-consider - your tool is what is holding many wanna-be mapmakers back from starting with just Bulldozer - the positives massively outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

Hi,

I have prepared a small X-Cam experiment :)

The basic idea is to extract certain parts of the prototype map, and then import all the objects as a script file on the VR map.

The individual steps of the experiment are as follows:

On the prototype map I collect various areas and detect all objects in these areas.

Each object record is then stored as a single Prefab.

Then I go to the VR map and start a new project there.

In the next step I read each Prefabs back and save them in the new project.

Finally, I'll create a script file from the whole project, which then can be used by everyone on the VR map.

The script file contains data from approximately 26,500 objects that are generated either with or without markers.

Things that do not work in this experiment:

- Roads can not be detected.

- Objects have no Annimation (trees do not move, gates will not open).

- The individual scaling value of the objects can not be seen (Scaling is allways 1)

- Some objects have a wrong position (height) because the right terrain height model is not available.

For this experiment, I have used the "light" version of the prototype map.

To reproduce all the steps I've created a video:

The demo mission with the appropriate script can be downloaded here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!M89kQIgA!cKrIGYGVlCYQI0Qy1jA7QYum9oSgaLtdfk7gkCL Pj8Q

Hint: You can run the script experiment only if you have the xcam_prototype map installed, including all required addons.

With my comp the script requires round about 15 sec. to create all 26.500 objects (without markers).

Greetings

Silola

Edited by Silola

Thank you for the demo, will test it out :)

Edit: 15 seconds without markers for me too.

*Long time lurker - First time poster*

I love the simplicity of this idea, highlight, copy, paste.

If i could be so bold: i guess it would be a break of creativity to find new Arma3 terrains with copied layouts from Altis and Stratis. Same towns new terrains.

Question - Is it possible with the tool to copy the object's, but randomise the output?

Having looked through the thread, i noticed that there are some issues with roads.

Could i ask that having placed all my roads in Terrain Builder, along with my question, could X-cam use the current road layout and output objects that follow the flow?

Thanks again and i will continue to lurk! :) :)

dM

Welcome to the forum :)

What exactly do you mean with "randomise output"?

You can randomise all object positions within a selection (a prefab is also a selection),

the objects then "swap" their positions with each other, but with a prefab as seen in the video, it makes no sense.

A function to create objects/prefabs along a road is possible, but not planned for the X-Cam.

The X-Cam should encourage your creativity, and do not support your laziness :p

Grettings

Silola

*Long time lurker - First time poster*

I love the simplicity of this idea, highlight, copy, paste.

If i could be so bold: i guess it would be a break of creativity to find new Arma3 terrains with copied layouts from Altis and Stratis. Same towns new terrains.

Question - Is it possible with the tool to copy the object's, but randomise the output?

Having looked through the thread, i noticed that there are some issues with roads.

Could i ask that having placed all my roads in Terrain Builder, along with my question, could X-cam use the current road layout and output objects that follow the flow?

Thanks again and i will continue to lurk! :) :)

dM