silola

"X-Cam" and "DAC" Project

I can't wait to see what our master mappers like Icebreaker, Smokedog, Minimonaco and many more can make with a tool as powerful as this. The best part is they can get help in a MP building session, Hmm I wonder what great master piece would be created if 10 of the communities great map creators all got put in a MP build session and decorated a map together.

I smell a reality TV show BIS can put on after MANW is over. :P

Hmm I wonder what great master piece would be created if 10 of the communities great map creators all got put in a MP build session and decorated a map together.

Chaos and destruction! ;)

I totally stopped placing objects on my map in TB, because I am waiting for the X-Cam release :D

Hi,

again ... thanks for the nice comments :)

Don't underestimate the effort it takes to fill an area with stuff.... especially if you would like to have something detailed like Silolas sample map. The more detail the more effort.... (including creative efforts... ideas, concepts, whatever).

And the bigger a map should be, the more breath is necessary to finish it. But.... tbh... it will be a lot more easier after this beast left it's cage. ;)

And i'm excited too... hopefully it will be released soon.

That is absolutely correct. The Xcam is not a miracle tool.

The ideas and creativity has to be created by each user.

Ok, the Xcam encourages creativity, but You must still work with sensitivity, specifically for all types of structures.

You have also to know how the objects react after import. Some objects have to be adjusted manually (within TB),

as there are differences in the Z axis. This is especially true for large stones or other large objects.

I can't wait to see what our master mappers like Icebreaker, Smokedog, Minimonaco and many more can make with a tool as powerful as this. The best part is they can get help in a MP building session, Hmm I wonder what great master piece would be created if 10 of the communities great map creators all got put in a MP build session and decorated a map together.

I smell a reality TV show BIS can put on after MANW is over. :P

If you work with a team, then you need at least one person that has experience with the official tools.

This person then organizes the import and produce every day a new version of the map.

But you should also remember that each person of the team has other ideas, has his own preferences,

is more or less creative, or just has his own vision of how a particular area have to look on the map.

So it's been a bit of a challenge to work in a team. But if you have a good and balanced team,

then it's just fun to make a map together.

I really want to have the x-cam in my hands xD Could you give us a date? although not accurate?

Unfortunately I can not answer that question :confused:

There are still a lot of unfinished areas within the X-Cam. In addition, a comprehensive manual needed to respond to all the functionalities.

Alternatively, I would like to do a series of video tutorials, because in a video I can explain a lot of things easier.

But no matter which option I choose, it requires enormous amounts of time, and actually it is just a hobby and RL always comes first.

Also there is much room for improvements and other functions, and I'm not sure if I still intended to optimize the code before the release,

or should I do this work later, because there are always people who have to complain about everything and around everything :(

Greeting

Silola

Also there is much room for improvements and other functions, and I'm not sure if I still intended to optimize the code before the release,

or should I do this work later, because there are always people who have to complain about everything and around everything :(

Make it Early Access and mark it as Alpha :D :yay:

And maybe additional feedback would be a nice addition for your development cycle.

Make it Early Access and mark it as Alpha :D :yay:

And maybe additional feedback would be a nice addition for your development cycle.

Everyone who knows me knows, that I never give out something in Alpha stage. :p

Silola thumbs up :yay:

Now i have all my addons updated so that I can place everything with the Editor .....

now only must come Xcam :p

Everyone who knows me knows, that I never give out something in Alpha stage. :p

Thats good to hear. Nothing is more disappointing than a half baked job.

I honestly cant wait for it to come out. It looks absolutely amazing. I'm literally already making plans on how I am going to use it. :D

@NeoArmageddon

Like we said as MAPFACT Team:

"Don´t think BETA"

Unfortunately I can not answer that question :confused:

There are still a lot of unfinished areas within the X-Cam. In addition, a comprehensive manual needed to respond to all the functionalities.

Alternatively, I would like to do a series of video tutorials, because in a video I can explain a lot of things easier.

But no matter which option I choose, it requires enormous amounts of time, and actually it is just a hobby and RL always comes first.

You can not tell me that and then post these videos :( :

luck with the project, can't wait to have it in our hands! :D

Edited by Valtas

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!

This tool looks like THE shit! I LOVE it. And please, please, dont let us wait to long. Not asking for an ETA, but...please here my Begging!

Es grüßt recht herzlich,

Jona! ;)

Wow, I just realized how muc more of a breeze it will be to map a detailed, neat, and we'll put together map with perfect Canals... Hmmm.

Yes this shed was build with 43 objects each side the one side version is on the right side of the screenshot

Waaaahhahaaaa...fkin german super intelligent men agahahxD BRO SERIOUSLY dont public it in MANW because they would became jealous ...ur the second modder ill make became famous as soon as i can (when u and the other will finish ur mods) gd luck to a gd job and very important im peeing in my pants for emotiooooonXD RELASE IT!!!!(sorry couldnt stay silent sorry) ;))

Have you taken some drugs?:confused:

ironmentalist are you some kind of manager or promoter? How are you going to make these guys famous?

By urinating in his pants of course... was he reacting to the pictures of the metal things ?? :eek:

Either this guy had an a sudden autism attack or took like 300 mg of some non-prescription medications. :drinking:

I think Silola can manage his own PR just fine without some ...interesting characters doing it for him :)

Saw information about this on reddit and i got a question to get this straight for someone that struggles with placing objects on altis, changing altis for the mod i'm working on etc..

This tool does allow pretty precise placement of objects - does it modify the map as a whole or is this script based, like saving all objects coordinates, directions etc. and then just loading them per script?

I always wanted to furnish the altian houses to make it seem more "alive", will that be possible? like taking the house object, adding/attaching stuff to it, and then every house on the map looks like i've changed it - out of xcam?

I do know that you can do that relatively easy right now, that's how we put up "item spawn locations" around every house, but it takes shitloads of time to already just place these spawn points.. furnishing every house would take ages like this and most likely impact on framrate even harder :E

hope you understand what i'm asking, i'm a bit under the weather today..

Saw information about this on reddit and i got a question to get this straight for someone that struggles with placing objects on altis, changing altis for the mod i'm working on etc..

This tool does allow pretty precise placement of objects - does it modify the map as a whole or is this script based, like saving all objects coordinates, directions etc. and then just loading them per script?

I always wanted to furnish the altian houses to make it seem more "alive", will that be possible? like taking the house object, adding/attaching stuff to it, and then every house on the map looks like i've changed it - out of xcam?

I do know that you can do that relatively easy right now, that's how we put up "item spawn locations" around every house, but it takes shitloads of time to already just place these spawn points.. furnishing every house would take ages like this and most likely impact on framrate even harder :E

hope you understand what i'm asking, i'm a bit under the weather today..

You can do both, so save it as a script file, or generate an import file for the terrain builder.

In your case, only the script variant would make sense, because you have no source data of Altis.

Silola

will the import file work with Visitor?