Sign in to follow this  
Claystone

Question on Task Force Radio

Hey fellas getting back into Arma and i had a question on the Task Force Radio mod. I just want to make sure i'm doing this right because for some reason last night i was having a hard time getting it to work.

1. When entering a multiplayer game with the mod activated do i need to be on the "Missions" TS channel to be able to in the game with the Task Force Radio?

2. Now its states on the Task Force Radio site, to talk in game you need to hit "push to talk" key when talking off radio. What key would that be? It can't be my "Cap Lock" key since that is for my radio. Would it be my new VON key? I'm a little confused.

3. When talking on the radio and i hit my "cap lock" key to talk, do i need to hold the "cap lock" key down to talk or do i need to press it once to talk and press it again to stop talking?

Thanks fellas

1. there are two modes, and the regular mode doesn't require you to do anything, if the server has TFR installed, as soon as you spawn in you'll have a PRC-type radio in your inventory. the second mode is a bit more complicated and requires your TeamSpeak server to have a channel dedicated to TFR

2. it's whatever key you set in TeamSpeak for PTT

3. you get a hint in the top right corner, it shows what radio and what frequency you're on, for people to hear you you need to hold Caps Lock (the hint will stay on the screen). if it's not there - you're not on radio

1. there are two modes, and the regular mode doesn't require you to do anything, if the server has TFR installed, as soon as you spawn in you'll have a PRC-type radio in your inventory. the second mode is a bit more complicated and requires your TeamSpeak server to have a channel dedicated to TFR

2. it's whatever key you set in TeamSpeak for PTT

3. you get a hint in the top right corner, it shows what radio and what frequency you're on, for people to hear you you need to hold Caps Lock (the hint will stay on the screen). if it's not there - you're not on radio

Ok, yeah i set up i believe the 2nd mod where i had CBA installed along with TFR. With that install i put the files in TS plugin folder.

One last question on the TS item.

1. So when in the game i need to get the "Host" of the mission TS channel to load into my TS to be able to talk in game?

The plugin will automatically switch you to the Taskforceradio channel. So no need to get there before the mission starts.