Sign in to follow this  
gdscei

The issue tracker and the A3 team

With the issue tracker for ArmA 3, I thought development would be probably a lot more focused towards the community than ArmA 2 was. However, communication is still quite bad.

I understand you're all busy, but when important modding-related issues from march 2013 are still not fixed and have not received any notes from developers for 6 months, you start to wonder what good the issue tracker does if you don't communicate with the players.

So you might say... oh what's the point of this thread? Just to point the finger towards BI that they are not communicating enough about ArmA 3's development? No, I am not looking to start a rant about BI and their development processes and progress. But I would like to ask the developers to communicate more on the issue tracker. Letting us know what the status of an issue is, is it actively being worked on? Are you having major difficulty with the issue, or are other things taking priority?

I am not saying you need to be specific about everything that goes on behind the scenes, but at least letting us know you're still aware of the issue is the least you can do (maybe not necessarily on feature requests, but bugs definetely yes).

So this is what I am asking from you BI... If you can provide this I think it will make the community a lot happier, at least knowing that their issues are still being looked at :)

Edited by gdscei