Sign in to follow this  
Noble Gas

Help Making AI Jet Destroy AI Helo

Here's the Scenario:

I have Opfor seated in 2 buzzards, and miles away, I have Blufor get in to Hellcats and fly south to an LZ. Just before they are about to land, I want the Buzzards to fire missiles at them and blow them up.

So far, the Method I have in place is very hit or miss, sometimes working perfectly, sometimes only one of the hellcats is destroyed, and then the buzzards loop around and come back to shoot it down, and sometimes, they never come back at all.

I want a clean, quick strike, where each buzzard fires 1 missile at each hellcat, blowing them up instantly, and then the buzzards streak off into the sunset.

So, how do I get this to work reliably?

So... no one has any ideas?

I tried attaching a "Destroy" way point to the hellcats, but the dumb buzzards end up flying to where the hellcats start out, NOT where the hellcats and their LZ is.

Destroy waypoint only means wait until object is destroyed it doesn't mean attack the object.

It's never going to be 100% as AI have minds of there own.

You could increase your chances a little by revealing one hellcat to each buzzard.

buz1 reveal [hellc1,4];

buz2 reveal [hellc2,4];

change the names to whatever you want.

it may also be worth trying to disabling AI's auto targeting.This needs to be done before they encounter the hellcats.

{_x disableAI "target";_x disableAI "autotarget"} foreach [buz1,buz2]

Beautiful! Thanks for the response and the help; I'll test this out when I get home.

That's awesome, MulleDK19, and looks a lot like what I want. Where is said script?

Script the whole scene with the unitCapture command. It'll look awesome!

Everything you need to know is in the editor function library, under unitCapture. I think there's a few threads on the subject too.

That's awesome, MulleDK19, and looks a lot like what I want. Where is said script?

http://treesoft.dk/arma3/downloads/PlaneInterceptHelicopter.Altis.zip

Copy interceptByPlanes.sqf and interceptByPlane.sqf into your mission folder.

Then name the choppers, eg. chopper1 and chopper2. Then when you want them shot down use the following code:

[[chopper1, chopper2], 2] execVM "interceptByPlanes.sqf;

The script will automatically spawn 2 planes who will shoot down the choppers within a few seconds.

Thank you SO much, Mulle! Although I had a few problems, I've managed to implement the Script well enough. there is one issue: Can't get the buzzards to spawn. There just suddenly appears a couple of missiles in mid-air, and they definitely do the trick, but there's no planes like in the vid you linked (and I presume made). Any Ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you SO much, Mulle! Although I had a few problems, I've managed to implement the Script well enough. there is one issue: Can't get the buzzards to spawn. There just suddenly appears a couple of missiles in mid-air, and they definitely do the trick, but there's no planes like in the vid you linked (and I presume made). Any Ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

If the script is running, and there are missile, then there are planes. The missiles aren't spawned, they're fired by the planes.

If you send me your mission I can take a look, if you want.

I'd really appreciate a second set of eyes to review my work. I'm stuck at work for now, but this evening, I'll toss the mission up somewhere I guess and PM you a link. Cool?

I'd really appreciate a second set of eyes to review my work. I'm stuck at work for now, but this evening, I'll toss the mission up somewhere I guess and PM you a link. Cool?

Sure.