Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

lukrop's customized configs

Hey there!

I made several customized configs for popular addons. Maybe some of you are interested in this stuff so I though I publish them. If any of the original authors has a problem with the stuff I publish please contact me and I'll remove it ASAP. Aside from that thanks to the original authors for their awesome mods. :)

README:

Modules
==============
Every .pbo follows a naming scheme. All names start with my prefix lkr
followed by the prefix of the original addon creator, followed by the (shortend) name of 
the addon and finally suffixed with either *_jsrs, *_sound or *_mag_compat.

*_jsrs.pbo
--------------
The .pbos with *_jsrs suffixes simply contain configs for the addon which enable
JSRS soundeffects as well as range adjustments to the sounds (needed by JSRS).

*_sound.pbo
--------------
The .pbos with *_sound suffixes contain configs for the addon which replace the original
addons weapons sounds with corresponding sounds from massi's NATO SF/Speznas weapon pack.
They depend on the .pbos with *_jsrs suffixes. So you'll need to use the *_jsrs ones too if you
want to use the *_sound ones. This is because the _sound ones also change the range of the weapon
sounds to 130m (which is needed by JSRS) and you wouldn't here any weapon sounds without JSRS.

*_mag_compat.pbo
--------------
Finally the *_mag_compat .pbos enable the use of vanilla STANAG 5.56 and 7.62 as well as
massi's 5.56 and 7.62 ammo for the addon.

Exceptions are:

lkr_caf_ag_eeur_mas_weps
--------------
Gives the east european CAF Aggressors weapons from massis excellent weapon pack.

lkr_caf_ag_afr_mas_weps
--------------
Gives the african CAF Aggressors weapons from massis excellent weapon pack.

lkr_caf_ag_me_mas_weps
--------------
Gives the middle eastern CAF Aggressors weapons from massis excellent weapon pack.

lkr_sud_russians_asdg
--------------
Makes the attachments of this mod compatible to ASDG joint rails. The weapons still need rail configs.

Here is the github repo with the config files. It also contains a directory with signed .pbos and the key.

GitHub repository

You can also download a snapshot of the whole thing from here: Snapshot or

grab a relase from here.

Don't forget that you'll need the original addons since those are just config customizations.

If you see anything funky/wrong please make a pull request/post the fix right here or just contact me here. :)

Disclaimer:

I DO NOT claim any ownership of the original files nor can I be held responsible for any damage that might occurs while using these addons.

Have fun! :yay:

Edited by lukrop

lkr_rh_m4_mag_compat

With this config the RH M4 and M16 can use massi's 5.56 ammo.

why not make it also use original (vanilla game) 5.56 ammo ?

edit: i opened the config file to see if i could do it myself and i noticed it DOES use the original (vanilla game) magazines, so i have not said anything :P

Edited by supergruntsb78

Actually it does, I think that RH didn't make any custom magazines.

yeah i noticed it already (see edit my last post :P ) great config work realy appreciate it it makes geting ammo during battles easier and now i can pick up weapons from the aggressors when i am out of ammo :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It is customary to ask for permission to use other peoples stuff BEFORE you actually include it in your mod. Unless you have spoken to Mao please remove the bullet_hits_value and the link to my damage config from your mod and this post to avoid confusion. The version I released is sufficient and the coefficient can be edited by the user in conjunction with these configs if they so choose.

It is customary to ask for permission to use other peoples stuff BEFORE you actually include it in your mod. Unless you have spoken to Mao please remove the bullet_hits_value and the link to my damage config from your mod and this post to avoid confusion. The version I released is sufficient and the coefficient can be edited by the user in conjunction with these configs if they so choose.

Sorry about that. I just removed it from the repo and the OP.

Anyways, I don't see a easy way of editing the "coefficient", without using the code you provided in your thread's first post. What configs do you mean? I'd love to use your mod which is up on SIX.

Hey Lukrop, why not include a config for sud_russian weapons to use massi´s russian mags? (I have Redfield´s modified damage addon activated, but it doesn´t modifies Sudden´s weapons... with this config I would use massis mags, which are modified by his addon)

cheers! =)

No worries lukrop. The only reason I said anything was because the code belongs to Mao even though I made the modable version and the tutorial. The only reason I asked for it to be removed is for continuity. Its best if things remain modular in case of updates etc..

;2630251']Hey Lukrop' date=' why not include a config for sud_russian weapons to use massi´s russian mags? (I have Redfield´s modified damage addon activated, but it doesn´t modifies Sudden´s weapons... with this config I would use massis mags, which are modified by his addon)

cheers! =)[/quote']

I'll look into that. ;)

No worries lukrop. The only reason I said anything was because the code belongs to Mao even though I made the modable version and the tutorial. The only reason I asked for it to be removed is for continuity. Its best if things remain modular in case of updates etc..

Thanks, appreciated. I do understand that and it wasn't smart publishing stuff I didn't entirely create. I should've asked before you are right. I removed the work I just modified until I get permission to release it. (CAF AG randomization script) I added license headers (CC SA) to the configs I wrote and cleaned up unused stuff.

Anyhow, Redfield, as of now, I didn't get how to modify the coefficent when using your mod from the SIX network. Can I just redifine the constant?

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Ok, I wrote all the CAF AG random appearance and gear stuff from scratch. So I added it to the OP again. ;)

@Ohally: I kinda optimized the way units get their random appearance and gear. And it's only one script instead of several with only small changes. Feel free to use my code if you'd like. ;)

Ah ok I see what you mean about the Six Network. I did not submit it to Six Networks. Sickboy just added it when he saw it. Im glad its available on the Six network but you are correct that it cannot be edited that way. In order to edit it you still need a manual install and some cfg knowledge. I actually never considered that issue until now.

All I can say is since the mod is only 2kb and will very rarely, if ever, be updated its best to go with manual install unless you just want to use the default coefficient of 8. In the grand scheme of things a differance between 4 and 8 is only going to make a difference of 1 hit about %50 of the time.

Oh BTW, Lukrop, could you please config R3F´s FAMAS, HK416 and 417 to use default 5.56 and 7.62 mags too? (if it is not too much of hassle...)

tks and cheers!

How would one go about adding the Mk12 mod 1 and the SAM-R so that they use the sounds from the massi pack? Currently it only affects the M4's and the M16's but not the two DMR's.

New mod available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@lkr_cfg.png

@ lukrop

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thanks a lot for sharing your work Lukrop, I was about to do several changes you did myself for our private addons pack so you saved me several hours of works, I would offer you a six pack if I could! ;)

Hey, finally someone made a sound config file, but I got a question, I just wanna use JSRS on RH M4 pack and the Mk18 pack, but have ran into a problem, the Mk18 in 3rd person sounds spectacular when its not suppressed, but has the vanilla sound when it has a suppressor attached, and when in first person, the weapon has a suppressed sound whether it has a silencer attached or not, any fixes for the Mk18? Same issue with RH M4 pack as well, weapon has suppressed sounds in first person regardless of having a suppressor attached or not.

Edited by Blackwater13

Total noob question... How do I go about using these configs?

Easiest way would be to use playWithSIX. Thanks to .kju the mod is in the SIX network now. :)

;2630548']Oh BTW' date=' Lukrop, could you please config R3F´s FAMAS, HK416 and 417 to use default 5.56 and 7.62 mags too? (if it is not too much of hassle...)[/quote']

I'll have a look into that but I haven't used the r3f weapons for a long time.

How would one go about adding the Mk12 mod 1 and the SAM-R so that they use the sounds from the massi pack? Currently it only affects the M4's and the M16's but not the two DMR's.

I'll add them, they kinda slipped through the net. :)

Hey, finally someone made a sound config file, but I got a question, I just wanna use JSRS on RH M4 pack and the Mk18 pack, but have ran into a problem, the Mk18 in 3rd person sounds spectacular when its not suppressed, but has the vanilla sound when it has a suppressor attached, and when in first person, the weapon has a suppressed sound whether it has a silencer attached or not, any fixes for the Mk18? Same issue with RH M4 pack as well, weapon has suppressed sounds in first person regardless of having a suppressor attached or not.

I think you might be missing massi's NATO SF/Speznas weapons and therfore lack the soundfiles. In this case only the JSRS effects are played and the weapon sounds silenced in first person.

edit: Regarding the suppressors: I didn't change any sounds for the suppressors as of yet since I didn't felt the need too. I need to have a look at that.

Edited by lukrop

Easiest way would be to use playWithSIX. Thanks to .kju the mod is in the SIX network now. :)

I'll have a look into that but I haven't used the r3f weapons for a long time.

I'll add them, they kinda slipped through the net. :)

I think you might be missing massi's NATO SF/Speznas weapons and therfore lack the soundfiles. In this case only the JSRS effects are played and the weapon sounds silenced in first person.

edit: Regarding the suppressors: I didn't change any sounds for the suppressors as of yet since I didn't felt the need too. I need to have a look at that.

Oh man... I was trying to avoid using Massi's weapons, Im not saying its not bad or anything, but I only use a few weapons so I was hoping that someone makes a config file specifically just for RH weapons and the Mk18.

I'm going to seperate those configs, just for you. :p That way you can choose wether you'll want the sound replacments or not. ;) And the mod is even more modular.

I'm going to seperate those configs, just for you. :p That way you can choose wether you'll want the sound replacments or not. ;) And the mod is even more modular.

OH MY GOD YOURE SO SWEET! THANK YOU SO MUCH xD

Thanks very much for this! Not only is it great to have options but they might provide a valuable learning tool too :)

Great mod - perhaps ask Kiory if you could include his L85A2 Mags and grant compatibility vis versa with RH and Massi's Stanags etc.

Don't forget the french R3F Famas packs too :)

SJ

;2630548']Oh BTW' date=' Lukrop, could you please config R3F´s FAMAS, HK416 and 417 to use default 5.56 and 7.62 mags too? (if it is not too much of hassle...)

tks and cheers![/quote']

agree with this :)