Sign in to follow this  
rhinonathan45

Looking for a partner

Looking for someone whos can edit i have many good mission ideas just need someone to be able to make them

I can't help you, I am trying to learn myself. But at least tell someone your mission Ideas so maybe you cant take someones attention.

If your missions are single player / cooperative you have enough information to do them by yourself, most of the mission can be done with the editor. If them are Multiplayer, maybe you will need some scripting help.

Well if either of you guys need scripting help, feel free to post here or shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do to help you out. Better to post here though, as it will be read by more people.

Or, don't PM and let others learn along with you?

lol, would not want all the "golden nuggets" hidden from our sight ;)

At least I wouldn't. I like learning new ways to do things.

of course, but some people don't like to talk in public because of their ideas (or that they'll feel stupid). But I always say the forums are the best place to post. If you guys want I can post up a little test mission I made using a few things, it might be a little advanced for you now, but might give you something to think about and something to aim towards understanding.

Some thread about example misions should be good.

Can you be more specific or do you just want a beginners guide with example missions to go with them?

I would like to see a guide or good example on dedicated and jip coop mission. Specifically with tasks/objectives and multiple groups of players, as well as ai that uses some method of grouping so individual groups that are near other individual groups don't just ignore the fact that 30 meters away a different group is in combat.

If I am requesting, I would like there to be a trigger that spawns enemy ai run-time as well.

And if I could I would like to see an example that is not relying too much on tertiary scripts (meaning upsmon or other such scripts that are not created specifically for the mission example).

In this way, one would not have to open a dozen or more scripts to see what is happening. If you spawn a group, all you need to do is look at the trigger and the script. If you send an update to all players and jip about a task, it would be in the trigger and associated script.

I don't have a problem with mission examples that are advanced, but going through a 300 line script to see how a variable/value/reference is used can be daunting if you don't know what you are looking for. lol, I've done that quite a bit trying to learn from others missions. The more advanced they are it just means the more scripts you have to open to follow the rabbit trail to your answer.

Probably not going to happen, but at least I'm being a little more specific? ;)

I have finally begun to understand how to work with scope on a dedicated server and really to keep two sets of actions based on whether desired target is server or client, or both. Would be nice to have a fairly concise example mission though.

Dan;2630173']o (or that they'll feel stupid)....

There is literally no such thing as "Feeling stupid" when you are learning :P

I would like to see a guide or good example on dedicated and jip coop mission. Specifically with tasks/objectives and multiple groups of players, as well as ai that uses some method of grouping so individual groups that are near other individual groups don't just ignore the fact that 30 meters away a different group is in combat.

If I am requesting, I would like there to be a trigger that spawns enemy ai run-time as well.

And if I could I would like to see an example that is not relying too much on tertiary scripts (meaning upsmon or other such scripts that are not created specifically for the mission example).

In this way, one would not have to open a dozen or more scripts to see what is happening. If you spawn a group, all you need to do is look at the trigger and the script. If you send an update to all players and jip about a task, it would be in the trigger and associated script.

I don't have a problem with mission examples that are advanced, but going through a 300 line script to see how a variable/value/reference is used can be daunting if you don't know what you are looking for. lol, I've done that quite a bit trying to learn from others missions. The more advanced they are it just means the more scripts you have to open to follow the rabbit trail to your answer.

Probably not going to happen, but at least I'm being a little more specific? ;)

I have finally begun to understand how to work with scope on a dedicated server and really to keep two sets of actions based on whether desired target is server or client, or both. Would be nice to have a fairly concise example mission though.

Perhaps taking a look on F3 Folk Framework, its very easy to use for MP scenarios designing

[url]http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//index.php?title=Main_Page[/url]

That kind of specific is good, it helps with an overall direction of where to take guides in future. I cant really tell you about AI control but other things I can such as function writing and what not. I am at the moment starting on writing my own function library, which should hopefully make things slightly easier to bug find and speed up mission creation. I also write programs at work, so I can also tell you good ways to keep documentation on your code, which is very very important if you ever share your code.

Edited by [EVO] Dan