malakdecaen

Reign Of Jurassic Mod

I just got Arma 3 the other day and I downloaded and installed Reign of Jurassic but I don't know how to start up a game for it. Can someone tell me how to start one up?

@NorthernPLAYA43 :

The model comes with two missions.

You need to install one or the other if you want to play with.

I advise you to use the ROJ_Survival mission. It must be copied into your MPMissions folder in the game folder.

Then you go to the multiplayer menu and create a host server. You can choose the mission in the list of available missions.

@ VoiceOfArmA :

Because we work on something else this time the map is on stand-by. Without additional recruitment in the team, I do not think there will map before the end of the year.

However, if someone is motivated to work with us on the subject of a map, this can change.

The development of the mod continues.

A small blog has been online for some time. Here you will find information and news about the project Reign Of Jurassic :

Developpement Blog Reign Of Jurassic

We are working on setting up the persistence with extDB2 of Torndeco.

I also take this opportunity to say that we are looking for serious people who want to share with us the adventure.

i just downloaded mod and activated it in the arma 3 launch window but in the game i cannot find the survival campaign. :confused:

To enjoy the mod you have several choices.

Either you play one of the missions that are proposed in the pack (ROJ_Mission_Survival.Stratis.pbo example).

Either you open the editor directly and play as you please.

To learn how to include missions to your game, I invite you to read the many tutorial.

Finally, note that a small help is available on our website:

http://www.roj.fr/wiki/

I still work on it but you can find help on how to properly operate the dinos.

Hope this is helpful.

With all of that water, I'd like to make a Brachiosaurus request.

That is all.

Well, with Tanoa this mod can be brought to a new level...

Yes, this is actually great news for mod.

This gives a little motivation. I really hope to have the resources to continue and offer even more about this mod.

I've started working on a mission using the Raptor pack that Rupplertle made, the mod is buggy as hell sometimes the Raptors don't attack. I spoke to him recently today, he said that he's abandoning the mod for Star Wars instead.... (facepalm) yeah... let that soak in for a moment.

Which means... you sir, are our last hope for having a proper dino mod with Raptors and possibly a T-Rex. That alone has endless joy of incredible possibilities for mission makers. I'm no stranger into making big missions and I know it takes a lot of work to do these things. My problem though is your mod has issues as well. I literally spawned a few Raptors and they just stood there, ran and vanished with an error message.

I understand if you're busy and still working on it. At this point if we can just get a few cool looking Raptors, that can spot you from a far distance day or night and are a genuine threat to the player, with the ability to control their movements with waypoints to have them walk, or sprint, that alone is HUGE! Imagine spawning a few Raptors and when the player hits a trigger the Raptor sprint towards his position for an ambush 0_0

Lastly, having someone like yourself who will keep the mod updated that right there is a win win.

A new jungle map is coming next year.... and it's just begging to have a proper working Dinosaur mod in it. Good luck and hope to see an update soon.

This mod can bring ARK to arma 3! great work, hope to see some enjoyable contents of it such SP missions and survival mod servers.

I've started working on a mission using the Raptor pack that Rupplertle made, the mod is buggy as hell sometimes the Raptors don't attack. I spoke to him recently today, he said that he's abandoning the mod for Star Wars instead.... (facepalm) yeah... let that soak in for a moment.

If you're unhappy with what modders are doing of their free time, how about doing something yourself ?

• Like 1

Public current version already allows the use of raptors as you want.

We need only read the documentation on the wiki (http://www.roj.fr/en/wiki/les-deux-gameplay-du-mod/le-gameplay-coop/)

It is necessary that the mission has a code ligne and file for raptors is a inteligence.

I work on the latest update. I hope to come out soon.

You can also follow the mod on the site

www.roj.fr

By cons must know that raptors are not quite as classic game soldier. I'm not sure the waypoint function properly.

It is the engine that makes the game you have to manage the dinos as Agents (createAgent) and not as units (createUnit).

Edited by Yourry

I was able to give it a good test run and although they do attack, the Raptors have a very hard time locking on to your location and actually chasing you down to kill you. I tried setskill ["spotDistance",1]; in the ini field of the Raptors and it didn't help.

I've found that if you run right pass them in a empty area then they will chase you for a moment and then just stop and look at you. They see you, but they stop chasing. I've also tested it out in a semi open building area with walls, the Raptors again seem to get stuck going around corners and objects. They have a hard time chasing you if you take a sharp corner around a wall, they get stuck, look at you and maybe start walking around randomly like chickens lol.

Some suggestions in the next update perhaps. Make the Raptors be able to detect you from far away, that's a big one! The detection to me is what makes Raptors scary and deadly. Nothing more scary than a Raptor that saw you before you saw it. The last thing would be make the Raptors a bit faster, I can totally out run them. I think the other Raptor addon when those things saw you holy crap you were totally f--ked, you couldn't out run it you had to kill it. Which makes Raptors awesome.

It's is a really good start in what you have already, I like the Raptors sounds, I like the way they look although they would look much better if they had the classic Velociraptor look from Jurassic Park. I like the cool icons you made, and ambient flying dino's are very nice. So overall the bugs I see is... AI detection from far distance and able to take corners around objects and not get stuck. If those things get fixed, man this mod will be pure gold.

Hope you found this feedback helpful.

The next version has an improved AI raptor.

In the testes, definitely be discreet (crawl) not to be seen and be chased ...

The AI of raptors is radically different from that of conventional units and all skill commands do not work on it. The AI is 100% homemade.

After moving about raptors in houses, you should know that one reaches the limits of the game engine.

If interested, I can pass the test version of what I do test to check that everything is working properly ...

The next version has an improved AI raptor.

After moving about raptors in houses, you should know that one reaches the limits of the game engine.

If interested, I can pass the test version of what I do test to check that everything is working properly ...

Oh yes I know that, I know that Raptors AI moving inside a house is just crazy, hell even normal unit AI can't move inside a house. I'm talking things like walls, fence walls. I saw that the beta Raptors had serious problems going around them.

I would love to be a beta tester, see what you did with it. I'm so on board with dinosaurs in Arma 3.

I just wanted to tell you that I squeezed a bit missing the weeks to arrive.

The mod ROJ is paused because I just become a father of a little girl.

See you soon!

• Like 1

I just wanted to tell you that I squeezed a bit missing the weeks to arrive.

The mod ROJ is paused because I just become a father of a little girl.

See you soon!

Congrats Yourry :D

Yes I still work on it from time to time but slowly.
I work to make ROJ compatible with the extension APEX.

• Like 3

I haven't found a download for v1.1c with corrected mission .sqf files and the version 2 beta doesn't have any missions that I can see. Can you offer these? I tried to contact through the ROJ site, but that didn't work for me.

4 hours ago, barccy said:

I haven't found a download for v1.1c with corrected mission .sqf files and the version 2 beta doesn't have any missions that I can see. Can you offer these? I tried to contact through the ROJ site, but that didn't work for me.

Do note that this mod has not seen updates for about 3 years now. It may not be available anymore.