Sign in to follow this  
diehardx95

Addon Builder Packing Error

Getting A Packing Error And Dont Know How To Fix It.

Addon Source Directory

p:\my_projects\digi_camo_clothing

Destination directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@diginato\addons

Clear Temp folder Binarize

Packing Error

Unable to copy digi_camo_clothing.pbo to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@diginato\addons try again?

Do i need to change my options if so here is what i have.

List Of Files to copy directly: empty

Creat Log File

Path To Signature File: empty

path to temp folder: C:\Users\PC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\

Path to project folder: set to use source path

addon prefix: empty and set to automatically

Do i need to change my options if so here is what i have.

List Of Files to copy directly: empty

Creat Log File

Path To Signature File: empty

path to temp folder: C:\Users\PC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\

Path to project folder: set to use source path

addon prefix: empty and set to automatically

Make sure everything is directed to your P: drive. This almost always fixes issues.

Just to clarify.....

Packing Error Unable to copy....

You cant pack an Addon while the game is running ;)

At least its the only thing i know when it comes to that error.

Addon Source Directory

p:\my_projects\digi_camo_clothing

Then you should set Path to project folder: p:\my_projects

Why do we need to use P: drive? Steam automatically puts the tools where it wants and nothing in the new tools says to create P: drive. Arma 2 automatically created P: with the tools. I say that because there does happen to be new players to this game that have never used P: So they wouldn't know anything about P: The point is that since bi/steam put it in the common folder, shouldn't we leave it there? Isn't the information the same? and P: would be no different than C: in the eyes of the tools that create the pbo? After all, we tell it where to look.

This section of the forum doesn't seem to get too many people to look at, let alone help with this stuff. Can't a dev or someone who knows exactly how the tools work, hopefully someone who put the whole thing together. Can't someone tell us exactly what every setting should be in the addonbuilder? I've looked at the biki or whatever it's called, and it still explains things in terms that only someone that already has experience with this stuff.

Can't someone explain it like Diehard wrote in this thread. Like this:

-Addon source directory- then tell us what it should say and also why, like how the information is used

-etc... do the same for everything.

For instance, I have no idea what checking off the binarize box will do. Does it binarize everything or only some things?

I tried setting the addon builder according to all the info I found on it. Pretty much the same as Diehard did. When I selected "Pack", The pbo packed starting from the mod folder. So my pbo structure was @mymod.pbo- addons was the first file in the pbo, then the actual information that was supposed to be the pbo.

But when I took the folder I was going to use as the pbo, I dragged my file on top of the addonbuilder in the explorer screen. Then it packed the correct name. But vehicles did not show up in the game at all. Just their names.

Someone help us please.

i was having a similar issue, it just suddenly started acting strange, so I just use BinPBO instead, it works flawlessly every time. I've never had a problem with it.

For God Sakes! someone answer my cries out for help
i was having a similar issue, it just suddenly started acting strange, so I just use BinPBO instead, it works flawlessly every time. I've never had a problem with it.

don't use either. use pboproject by mikero..it is the best thing since sliced bread. it will not let you binarize a addon if there is even the slightest config error.

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

You cant pack an Addon while the game is running ;)

This was the first thing I was thinking.

List of files to copy directly should include:

*pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.html;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;

You can include anymore files you might have, all up to you. Mine has never let me copy files directly to my add-ons folder, I simply set the desktop as destination, and manually place it into add-ons. Make sure when you pack that all add-on data is on your P drive, easy to miss the small things :)

• Like 1

*pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.html;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;

You can include anymore files you might have, all up to you. Mine has never let me copy files directly to my add-ons folder, I simply set the desktop as destination, and manually place it into add-ons. Make sure when you pack that all add-on data is on your P drive, easy to miss the small things :)

it packs if i send it to my desktop so i guess il just have to do that

Good to hear. Yea I don't know what the problem is, even when I download an add-on and try to unzip it directly to add-ons it won't let me. Never really looked into it but glad you got it working

Hey guys.

I had some issues with my addons not including all files, even with this^ list. I used *.* instead of the summary and that seemed to work. All files now include.

I hope this helps someone out there.