Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

Locking Doors / Keeping AI Out

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock AI out of buildings? Sure you can lock the door for players, but you can't keep the AI out.

Example:

Thanks,

-Craig

Sadly not :\

Umm...I'm afraid you can :/

@spitfire007,

@bobtom,

Open up an Altis Life mission with a PBO Opener. (you can find it stored by going through (AppData is a hidden folder, so you need to display it: AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache)

As Das showed above,

You will need to do a:

Wall1 = createVehicle "Land_HBarrier_1_F";
Wall1 setPos (getPos Door_F); //Door_F is an example that might not work, not sure what classname represents your type of door

@Das,

I'm not sure what your getting at, but as I recall one of the DEVS saying "DNA: ArmA 3 has an amazing code engine built-in, so anything you dream of can be done as long as you get the coding right"

Edited by Ranwer

I'm not sure what your getting at

Likewise.

a) It's an exploit in the game and needs to be fixed by developers

b) There's 15000+ doors on Altis. What if you want to lock them all? 15000 Hesco blocks?

c) Hesco blocks???

d) Your pseudocode is so wrong I don't even know where to start with it.

e) Hesco blocks???

Then what about a trigger activating those doors within it's radius? :confused:

Then what about a trigger activating those doors within it's radius? :confused:

15000 triggers then instead of blocks?

a) It's an exploit in the game and needs to be fixed by developers

This. It's a terrible bug.

Das, is there a feedback ticket for this?

Sadly not :\

This sort of thing is why I have never been overly thrilled with 'competitive' ArmA 3 gamemodes. Very exploitable and trust-dependent game, which is incompatible with anonymous, online gaming.

Your ticket requests that the step-over animation be removed, which IMO would make a complete mess of navigating low obstacles like dry-stone walls, ARMCO at roadsides, etc. It would be akin to having an AI driver in control of one's movements.

Das' ticket asks BIS to fix the underlying problem(s).

EDIT: I've just seen that you closed Das' ticket as a duplicate. It isn't.

Edited by Orcinus

Yes really.

I saw that one and as Orcinus mentioned, you request deletion of the stepover, whereas I ask them to fix a problem with the stepover and don't remove it.

How is that a duplicate?

I'm sorry but your ticket is not asking for anything, but simply reporting the problem. It is better if all related tickets are kept in one place. If you do not agree with my decision about closing your ticket as duplicate, feel free to contact Iceman.

EDIT: also changed the the title of the ticket for less trolling one

Edited by Killzone_Kid

I'm sorry but your ticket is not asking for anything, but simply reporting the problem. It is better if all related tickets are kept in one place. If you do not agree with my decision about closing your ticket as duplicate, feel free to contact Iceman.

Rubbish. How about you don't fuck up other people's tickets. Why the fuck should I waste more of my time and contact Iceman?

Your ticket is unrealistic, and I don't want anything to do with it. My ticket is requesting a fix for a system in game already.

Also, you could have mentioned that you had a ticket when Orcinus asked yesterday but you didn't bother saying anything then and only now you're all over this like a cheap suit.

BTW, You don't have to put everything in the same place like it's a 1960's filing system in an office. That's what links are for and the "relationships" tab :rolleyes:

Rubbish. How about you don't fuck up other people's tickets. Why the fuck should I waste more of my time and contact Iceman?

Your ticket is unrealistic, and I don't want anything to do with it. My ticket is requesting a fix for a system in game already.

Also, you could have mentioned that you had a ticket when Orcinus asked yesterday but you didn't bother saying anything then and only now you're all over this like a cheap suit.

BTW, You don't have to put everything in the same place like it's a 1960's filing system in an office. That's what links are for and the "relationships" tab :rolleyes:

If you put it this kindly, how could I resist re-opening it?

Actually I agree with Killzone_Kid,

This would be a major fix therefore you cannot fix the doors because it is a thin geometric shape in such as 3ds Max (I tried many doors, even thick ones, still no fix there)

Take this for example, the H-Barriers are for one able to get through as well, hell, you can even go through those shooting range walls too.

There is simply no fix for the doors, Das. However, restricting one doing the step-over command at a door will help greatly.

Also on a side note: please keep strong language away from the forums, even though we hate each others points and views, it is polite to do it the safe way like: :p

Rubbish. How about you don't stuff up other people's tickets. Why the hell should I waste more of my time and contact Iceman?

There is people all over Google opening these threads and they could be any age, so I suggest you would watch your Strong language. (no offense)

Getting a little off topic here .. the original question was.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock AI out of buildings? Sure you can lock the door for players, but you can't keep the AI out.

I agree with Das - it's a serious exploit in the engine. It isn't the only bugged animation as repeatedly hitting the 'deploy bipod' command has been shown to submerge the player into the terrain (by Das, IIRC).

As for the AI walking through locked doors & other objects, that is something BIS really needs to fix as well, unless they don't care if serious gameplay becomes largely restricted to PvP. I don't see how scripting or a mod can fix something deep in the engine (though I hope I'm wrong).