What about women? :)

That is just crazy talk, women are far too complex to quantify and simulate into Arma......

There should be several T-Rex's roaming the island, terrorising survivors and stomping on Altis houses. Your team responds to a distress call from the survivors. Of course also the larger triceratops and Diplodocus should be around, no immediate threat to you except if getting in their way when they are on the move. That would be so awesome!

And what a brilliant teaser movie, doing it at nighttime is simple but so much more effective

-OP

This mod made me register, and I have played and modded my Arma since 2008.

The intro really opened my eyes and by god it was horrific! I got tons of ideas how to do missions with this beast roaming around, surprise during the day(like the scene in jurassic park where the T-rex suddeny appears and attacks small dinos), heavy rain during the night, or lost in the woods.... I was really happy when SFP was ported to Arma 3, and the A-10 made my nuts explode. But this, I'm on the brink of pissing myself like an excited dog really.

This mod also brings some anger, not towards the creator, but towards BIS, for not adding elephants or whatever, just animals, and more than just sheep, rabbits and dogs. This mod is proof of the possibilities with the Arma engine. Imagine some African maps from Arma 2, roaming around in your jeep and seeing elephants, giraffes and such...

Anyhow, back to the T-rex. Im also very glad that this is already MP tested and I can barely wait untill the release of this mod. It looks amazing!

Imagine some African maps from Arma 2, roaming around in your jeep and seeing elephants, giraffes and such...

Well, you've been modding since 2008, why not channel your "anger" toward BI and make a safari mod?

this could be a winner in Make Arma Not War, I dont like dayz but I would definitly pay for a good dino hunting experience

no "Z" in the name of the mod :), pleaseeeee!

DayD?

nothing that relates to another type of DAYZ, something completely different is needed :) I think anyway

name wise...

ArmaSaurs (why stop on just one dino) ;)

ArmaSaurs (why stop on just one dino) ;)

By Jove, I think you've done it.

how many elephants do you think there are in the greek isle?

He still has a point about the lack of wildlife in Arma though. Dinos can't live from eating rabbits and snakes alone (and humans of course). I hope someone is already working on more ambient animals.

BTW, even though not very scary, It would be nice to see some popular herbivore ambient dinosaurs also like the Triceratops or Brachiosaurus (those would be awesome) and the one that can fly :)

You're missing my point.

Well, you've been modding since 2008, why not channel your "anger" toward BI and make a safari mod?

Let me rephrase that. I've been using mods since I began playing Arma, around 2008, and I have never seen anything like this. It's one thing to add a tank or aircraft, but an organic model as well animated as this is beyond anything I've seen made by the community ever.

Let me rephrase that. I've been using mods since I began playing Arma, around 2008, and I have never seen anything like this. It's one thing to add a tank or aircraft, but an organic model as well animated as this is beyond anything I've seen made by the community ever.

There was a Jurassic park mod released in 2005 : http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8926

There was a Jurassic park mod released in 2005 : http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8926

Yeah I've seen that. But this is some really old stuff, and the dinosaurs move like cows in Arma. But hey, it's the diversity that is awesome with the Jurassic Park mod for OFP and I really hope that this mod, or with addons by other modders can create the same for Arma 3. The T-rex for example you probably could use the same skeleton for a raptor, and make the animations faster, then maybe tweak some stuff, but you get my point.

That song in the video. My oh, my OH MY, my .... OK ...

Reminds me of Turok, where you could get different dino species to fight one another if you knew what you were doing. Plus, who's to say dino's weren't intelligent, like that Jurassic scene when the T-Rex starts pushing that trailer off the cliff ?

This is just amazing... So amazing it can't fail. Unless you get intimidted by the huge fan base you have now offcourse :)

If you don't finish a entire Dino Mod i will come for you and put a Raptor in your bed. You made me all come into the dino mood again. Fantastic. Good luck to you mr amazing.

LOL, how many T-rex have u seen there? :o

10/10, This will be a thrill, adventure and ofc horror.

Edited by Farran

With big animals like that we gotta need even bigger guns to be able to peirce their skin :D

Hehe, I hope you continue this mod!