I have updated the multiplayer-enabled fork to include very simple usage instructions, along with a very simple sample mission to see how to setup a bomb in multiplayer.

You can find it (along with the previous, dynamic version) here:

https://github.com/k0rd/defusethebomb/releases

Thanks! Can´t wait to test it.

This is very good, congratulations, I like this type of scripts.

I have a suggestion, if the code is obtained, there is no need for the bomb explode, if the correct code is entered, would be disabled.

Otherwise, if the code is not obtained, would have to cut at least two correct wires, to defuse the bomb.

What do you think about this?

This is very good, congratulations, I like this type of scripts.

I have a suggestion, if the code is obtained, there is no need for the bomb explode, if the correct code is entered, would be disabled.

Otherwise, if the code is not obtained, would have to cut at least two correct wires, to defuse the bomb.

What do you think about this?

I think that cobra was planning multi-wire sequences for the wire cutting.

k0rd, we're getting weird things happening in the MP version. I added a couple more slots so I could do some more tests for MP, but the some players join in spectator mode. Is this expected?

edit: above was NOT using the atheros mission. testing atheros now

Edited by Tankbuster

To not always be the same city, I created a script that you can select random cities.

To do this we must create six markers on the map with names markerA1, markerA2, markerA3, markerA4, markerA5 and markerA6, in cities near the base.

Add on the file go.sqf:

_RandomTownPosition = getMarkerPos format ["markerA%1",round ((random 6) + 0.5)]; //Random 6 markers, You can add more or less
_marker = createMarker ["markerA%1", _RandomTownPosition];
_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_marker setMarkerType "o_unknown";
_marker setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_marker setMarkerAlpha 0.5;
_marker setMarkerPos getmarkerpos "markerA%1";
_marker setMarkerBrush "FDiagonal";
_marker setMarkerSize [300, 300];
_allb = (getmarkerpos "markerA%1") nearobjects ["House" , 300];

We must remove this line and from there, paste the above code:

_allb = (getmarkerpos "mission") nearobjects ["House" , 300];

Also remove:

_mrA=createMarker ["area",getmarkerpos "mission"];
_mrA setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_mrA setMarkerType "o_unknown";
_mrA setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_mrA setMarkerAlpha 0.5;
_mrA setMarkerPos getmarkerpos "mission";
_mrA setMarkerBrush "FDiagonal";
_mrA setMarkerSize [300, 300];

Now we have to solve the problem of enemies to appear randomly around the town and head to the target.

Tested k0rds Atheros version and found some problems.

The addactions for the briefcases and the bomb only appeared for me, no-one else could get them. Also, when I found the right briefcase, it gave me the code as [].

Tested k0rds Atheros version and found some problems.

The addactions for the briefcases and the bomb only appeared for me, no-one else could get them. Also, when I found the right briefcase, it gave me the code as [].

I need to make sure the latest version is there, as these were problems with the first release that have been addressed, sorry about that.

Also, the spectator issue isn't anything that the bomb script is doing - if you pm me a link to your mission I can help you out :)

The spectator thing happened when I took the original version of the mission and dropped extra players units to it, so unexpected behaviour is expected. :)

even so - it should be no problem to drop new playable units in - did you set the type in description.ext to not be a respawn as spectator?

did you set the type in description.ext to not be a respawn as spectator?

No, I jst dropped a couple more playables in.

k0rd, we're getting weird things happening in the MP version. I added a couple more slots so I could do some more tests for MP, but the some players join in spectator mode. Is this expected?

edit: above was NOT using the atheros mission. testing atheros now

addactions can be a real pain sometimes in a MP environment, I struggled a bit with that when I first began modifying the duws mission...I'm trying to remember back how I solved it...I think you would need to make the object it's attached to into a global variable (if its not already) before the action gets attached. You might also need (but it depends) to set that global variable in the mission's init so that it'll get picked up by all connected machines.

I was thinking about using this as part of a new side-mission in Duws Modified....but other than the addactions not working is there anything else that I should be aware of whether it be MP issues or otherwise?

addactions can be a real pain sometimes in a MP environment, I struggled a bit with that when I first began modifying the duws mission...I'm trying to remember back how I solved it...I think you would need to make the object it's attached to into a global variable (if its not already) before the action gets attached. You might also need (but it depends) to set that global variable in the mission's init so that it'll get picked up by all connected machines.

I was thinking about using this as part of a new side-mission in Duws Modified....but other than the addactions not working is there anything else that I should be aware of whether it be MP issues or otherwise?

hey guys - not sure why athanos bomb disposal wasn't updating the .zip for the release- but I just rewrapped it https://github.com/k0rd/defusethebomb/releases/tag/v1.0a

again, addactions work fine (it's not as much of a pain in the ass as you think)

nice, so this works for all connected client machines, and JIP too, with no issues I need to know about?

yes BigShot - please let me know if it works for you - I want to be sure I've got all the issues with the github repo sorted.

according to the readme;

"place the following line in init.sqf to run the timer for all the players [] execVM "bomb\timer.sqf";"

...but there is no such file in the archive you are distributing.

I downloaded from the new github link you posted yesterday.

Also, it seems as if you have to create your own bomb/explosive device? I have the timer showing up and the keypad shows up after clicking action menu, but if i let the timer count down theres no explosion, the vehicle which your script is attached to just disappears.

I thought this a ready-to-go script which can be plugged into any mission within minutes...but the lack of proper documentation and confusing demo mission files is causing this to take hours instead of minutes for me. I appreciate the effort in putting it out here and all...just seems for something so simple it shouldn't be this difficult :-)...but im certain it must just be ME, as always :p

*EDIT* - Nevermind guys...I found the code I was missing to get the bomb to explode.

Edited by BigShot

Downloaded, tested, works fine!

One small error in the readme though. You miss out "this" were you write nul=addAction etc. took me about ten minutes to work why the code for the bomb object came up with an error everytime i pasted it in. I had to cross reference with the bombexample. Altis file.

Just thought i'd let you know.

@k0rd

How do I trigger the bomb timer using a trigger. This is most confusing atm. I managed to do using the version from cobra, but everytime I place

nul= [] execVM "bomb\timer.sqf";

in a trigger onAct it still fires the timer at the mission start.

I also tried placing the

nul=[this, 300] execVM "bomb\keypad_defuse\bombTimer.sqf";

inside the onAct with it aswell at one point, nothing happened.

also this way round didn't work either: leaving the nul= [] execVM "bomb\timer.sqf"; in the init.sqf and placing the nul=[this, 300] execVM "bomb\keypad_defuse\bombTimer.sqf"; in the onAct by itself.

the answer is probably so obvious I can't see it at the minute. Any suggestions?

@k0rd

How do I trigger the bomb timer using a trigger. This is most confusing atm. I managed to do using the version from cobra, but everytime I place

nul= [] execVM "bomb\timer.sqf";

in a trigger onAct it still fires the timer at the mission start.

I also tried placing the

inside the onAct with it aswell at one point, nothing happened.

also this way round didn't work either: leaving the nul= [] execVM "bomb\timer.sqf"; in the init.sqf and placing the nul=[this, 300] execVM "bomb\keypad_defuse\bombTimer.sqf"; in the onAct by itself.

the answer is probably so obvious I can't see it at the minute. Any suggestions?

you need to not use 'this', but instead the object name that is the actual bomb.

so instead of

you should

nul=[bombobj, 300] ...

where bombobj is the object you want to blow up :)

Thanks k0rd for getting back to me. I added the script into my ISS (Icarus Solar Station) release on armaholic and put the timer to 25 mins in the end. I'll point people to your reply if they want to change it in the editor for them self.

Did credit you both for your work on this too. Cheers!

ISS (Icarus Solar Station)

This looks like a pretty slick mission - will certainly be checking it out!

Is there any way to use this in Zeus? I would love to implement it in some of the missions I'm doing.

Q

How do I adjust the timer on this script? I got into bomb timer and adjusted the 60 in this script to 120 but still starts at :45. hintSilent format["Bomb Detonation: \n %1", [((_time)/60)+.01,"HH:MM"] call BIS_fnc_timetostring];

nevermind its in the trigger...lol doh!!

---------- Post added at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

What would I do to trigger the timer once the code has been found. Kind of like they realized that someone was hacking the laptops for info

Another thing not all players get timer or ability to search the briefcases in your sample mission k0rd

Great script, but it conflicts with BTC Revive and respawn and I cant figure out why. Anybody?

Edited

If using in MP each player can find a different code as a code is randomly placed for each player. The player that is defusing the bomb can not use a code another person has located he must use the one set up for them. It works great, but make sure someone else gets their own code in case you die. They wont be able to use yours as the bomb will explode.

Edited by mech79

the idea is great but is disappointing... there is no "boom". If disarm fails the mission just ends. I tryed to import it into another mission without that end 1 / loose and nothing ever happens (and yes I got all the script in the new mission folder and all that stuff). I tried to use the script in to a mission where you should save your mobile spawn car as your first task but unfortunately I have no Idea how to write a code to fix it.

Edited by Cotoi

Bringing this back up for MP. I have added if (isServer) then { CODE }; around the number and wire codes but then the code is only produced on the server and only I am able to find it and the bomb is not generated. I am trying to get this so that the same code is spawned for all players so that one can radio the message to the other to defuse the bomb. Right now each player has their own code and has to use the one they find to defuse the bomb and they are all different. Can this be done so one code is randomly generated for all players.?