6 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Sounds nice, but I don't have neither the time nor the motivation to code all that.

The way I work on it is mainly making sure it stays up to date with the current content. Then, for features, is when I find something really annoying or want something really bad I try to work on that when I can.

Given the amount of work you've already done it is more than understandable!

Perhaps the community will be up for the Menu submod :) 

I will also look into that!

Thanks for the update Robalo, appreciated as ever.  Your mod is a crucial component of making Arma AI behave... much better.

Unfortunately since the update has changed the RHS config to four separate ones, we can no longer edit existing mission files due to missing "asr_ai3_rhs_c".  In-fact we can't even load existing mission files into Eden.

Can you suggest a way around this that doesn't involve having to recreate (all) mission files from scratch?  Be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks for your work!

34 minutes ago, Capt Childs said:

Thanks for the update Robalo, appreciated as ever.  Your mod is a crucial component of making Arma AI behave... much better.

Unfortunately since the update has changed the RHS config to four separate ones, we can no longer edit existing mission files due to missing "asr_ai3_rhs_c".  In-fact we can't even load existing mission files into Eden.

Can you suggest a way around this that doesn't involve having to recreate (all) mission files from scratch?  Be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks for your work!

If you didn't binarize your mission sqm open it up and look for that pbo that is required and remove the entry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt Childs said:

1 hour ago, sargken said:

If you didn't binarize your mission sqm open it up and look for that pbo that is required and remove the entry. 

And if you did, just download the older version, resave the missions unbinarized and then remove the pbos just as described.
https://github.com/robalo/mods/releases/download/rhs045/asr_ai3_rhs_045.zip

7 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Thanks for your work!

just open empty map, merge the real mission on it then adjust the multiplier and environment settings like you wish

Just as an idea but maybe you can consider to add a custom variable at unit level which overwrites the reaction distance of a specific unit?
Reason is, I had an enemy FOB close to a city which my unit needs to attack. So first city needs to be captured and then the FOB. Problem was all the AI units which were in FOB rushed to city :(
It would be nice if I could set that unit level variable by them and say, you will not try to flank to enemy units which are more than 300 meters away from where you are. If you can fire from where you are ok fine fire but do not leave your FOB.

14 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Just as an idea but maybe you can consider to add a custom variable at unit level which overwrites the reaction distance of a specific unit?
Reason is, I had an enemy FOB close to a city which my unit needs to attack. So first city needs to be captured and then the FOB. Problem was all the AI units which were in FOB rushed to city :(
It would be nice if I could set that unit level variable by them and say, you will not try to flank to enemy units which are more than 300 meters away from where you are. If you can fire from where you are ok fine fire but do not leave your FOB.

I can't. Why ? because there is no such global variable either. What you can play with:

- radio report range; also remember there must be at least one radio in the group for it to send or receive target infos.

- counter-attack range (if you enabled it, default is off).

The increased ammo detect-ability is set in configs and you can't change that on the fly.

On 2/21/2014 at 8:55 PM, Robalo said:

Have you even noticed after teamswitch the unit left in place often fucks off to some cover spot, not responding to any commands ?

I\m afraid this is still happening, was using asrai3 with alive and a bunch of other mods including high command.. dude would stand up when i left him prone, then aventually he legged it about 2 kms back to where the mission started, and i couldnt see him on high command either.. had to restart the mission and drop asrai3 grrrr

While in ASR all works awesomelly I would like to ask,

Does the presence or absence of scopes on weapons affect the AI accuracy? Because one could argue that AI armed with non scoped Apex AK-47s were too accurate although quite far.

Hi not sure how the 2 take cover distance settings work or what the second one means. what would you say would be the most realistic settings anyone know?

first setting logical enough, but the second one not so sure.

Hey can you set a unit to not move around but still look and shoot because it seems ASR takes over and ignores this forcespeed 0;   i just want them to stay behind a bunker and shoot out.

Hi, I would like to ask, will AIs automaticlly pick up enemy weapons when they are totally running out of ammo? ASR AI for OA has such feature, is it still there in A3?

On 10/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, Robalo said:

I can't. Why ? because there is no such global variable either. What you can play with:

- radio report range; also remember there must be at least one radio in the group for it to send or receive target infos.

- counter-attack range (if you enabled it, default is off).

The increased ammo detect-ability is set in configs and you can't change that on the fly.

Will this mod ever be updated again? The counter attack feature does not work anymore. As well as many others.

hello

why Ais dont use IR pointer in stealth status (when you command 71) AI's IR pointer activate gust in danger status (command 72)

How can i change this?

New ASR user here! Can some you explain me abit about this "Use advanced cover behavior" and "Counterattack after being alerted" settings? And why are both disable by default(as the names seem suggesting it could make AI more realistic and humanlike/ or better in overall)? And should i enable it as a singleplayer person who use RHS and CUP. Usually use ace no medical and PiR(that's the reason i disable "soldiers fall when hit")

And what is this "incognito" category among the settings? Have been using ASRAI for a week or two, still has some confusions in me:)

Btw i also disable "better skills for player group AI" as it sounds like it could make the AI in my squad more deadly than the enemies, which in turn could make the scenario easier/or unrealistic (?).

Other than these, i understand quite well of the mod mechanic and settings.

If some of you explain me in details of some of the above, i would be really appreciate for the afford:) 

Oh and I'll be more than happy to have a settings preset of some of you who exclusively play singleplayer with ASR for years😀Thanks

Edited by Bukain

Hi Robalo,

currently I use your Mod in SP and MP dedicated server. I noticed that the Incognito feature only works in SP.

To be more precise: once I as the logged in admin open the config  menu ingame in a mission on dedi server, only the regular ASR AI options  are visible and can be changed.

Ofc I double checked ASR AI versions & userconfig folder being the same files on server & client.

Is it in general a SP-only feature?

Hope you have some answers/idea for that question & kind regards from

Tourist

Mod setting

Hello everyone! I would like to ask how to properly configure this mod. For example so:
skillFriendly=0.7;
skillEnemy=0.7;
precisionFriendly=0.5;
precisionEnemy=0.5;

radiorange = 500 - > 100-200; // Maximum range for radios
gunshothearing = 1 -> 0.5; // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

Tried to do this in asr_i3_config.sqf, but gave an error. Please help.

Is there still a need for this Mod???  I noticed it hasn't been updated in awhile, so just asking. 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:42 PM, JollyFE said:

Is there still a need for this Mod???  I noticed it hasn't been updated in awhile, so just asking. 

Its still working. If you make a small test mission with 2 opposing  squads with MGs, armed vehicles, etc. Test with & without Asrai running, & your self as a Civ spectator, there is a real difference! As in Vanilla & the AI will shoot after a while, & not much else, with Asrai, all weapons will be mounted & used, cover taken, & a real fire fight will take place. Try it.

• Like 2

Thanks for staying in lockstep with Arma Rob. Nobody can appreciate more the hard work involved in adapting to 3 bohemia platforms than a squad mate. I have used ASR on my own dedicated.  All the info in this thread is priceless.