Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, mickeymen said:

What is the latest version of ASR AI3?

 

1.1.5 was released one week ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't play arma for a while then started again recently and i noticed a strange grenade usage.  AI has a clear line of sight, about 30m away from the enemy, and they start throwing frags like crazy. 

Is this intentional and can i do something to prevent them to use hand grenades when they have a clear view of the enemy?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spotter001 said:

Didn't play arma for a while then started again recently and i noticed a strange grenade usage.  AI has a clear line of sight, about 30m away from the enemy, and they start throwing frags like crazy. 

Is this intentional and can i do something to prevent them to use hand grenades when they have a clear view of the enemy?

Thanks!

 

Not intentional, sounds like a bug. Is there a way to reproduce this with as few mods as possible ? I suspect there is some issue with their primary weapon (lack of compatible ammo, bad fire mode config etc) and they fall back to grenades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Robalo said:

 

Not intentional, sounds like a bug. Is there a way to reproduce this with as few mods as possible ? I suspect there is some issue with their primary weapon (lack of compatible ammo, bad fire mode config etc) and they fall back to grenades.

Oh, good to know, cause it looked weird. Well, i use ace3, acex, Dynasound2, Enhanced soundscape and ASR so far. And of course the community made maps.
It happened in the arma3 Laws of War showcase, in the VR sim for Distinction principle (the one where you have to engage only the legitimate targets). You maybe right, it really seems to be the issue with primary weapons cause those AIs didn't fire at all in that mission and i restarted several times trying to find out why they throw frags instead of firing.
I will play some Tanoa based mission later and i'll report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spotter001 said:

You maybe right, it really seems to be the issue with primary weapons cause those AIs didn't fire at all in that mission and i restarted several times trying to find out why they throw frags instead of firing.

Can confirm this problem since v1.1.3 I was hoping that the problem with grenade spam would be solved, but reports of this continue to flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does using ACRE/TFAR remove the "Radio" and therefore removing the AI's ability to communicate to other groups since "radio" item is required? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spatsiba said:

Does using ACRE/TFAR remove the "Radio" and therefore removing the AI's ability to communicate to other groups since "radio" item is required? 

The radios from ACRE/TFAR or any other custom item are still treated properly if the simulation property is "ItemRadio" in their class. Last I checked they inherited that property, so should be OK.

I don't think the vanilla radios are replaced for AI in those mods, only for players IIRC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone noticed the bug with AAF firing at you when you remain a non-combatant in the mission "Survivor"? (Remnants of War campaign) Just want to confirm it's because of ASR AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

our server is using ASR_AI3 server-side so clients do not need to use it at all. (In short: server occasionally spawns AI groups for which ASR_AI3 is used, but players never get a chance to lead an AI group)

 

In the cases where players are joining the server through Arma 3 launcher they are confronted with a notion that ASR_AI3 is required by the server.

 

Is there any way to make ASR_AI3 not to appear in the Mods required by server section when joining a server through Arma 3 launcher?

We'd like to see that ASR_AI3 in our particular case would be a Suggested and additional mod so players would not have to download it just because it is marked as a mandatory mod.

 

Would there happen to be some "magical switch" or something the like in the ASR_AI3 config files with which users could affect the aforementioned behaviour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asmodeuz said:

Hello,

 

our server is using ASR_AI3 server-side so clients do not need to use it at all. (In short: server occasionally spawns AI groups for which ASR_AI3 is used, but players never get a chance to lead an AI group)

 

In the cases where players are joining the server through Arma 3 launcher they are confronted with a notion that ASR_AI3 is required by the server.

 

Is there any way to make ASR_AI3 not to appear in the Mods required by server section when joining a server through Arma 3 launcher?

We'd like to see that ASR_AI3 in our particular case would be a Suggested and additional mod so players would not have to download it just because it is marked as a mandatory mod.

 

Would there happen to be some "magical switch" or something the like in the ASR_AI3 config files with which users could affect the aforementioned behaviour?

 

Server-side mods should be loaded with -servermod=. I assume you used -mod= and that's why it's advertised to clients.

However, this mod should be run everywhere, not all features are supported when it's server only. For example: dynamic camo code runs on clients.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Robalo said:

 

Server-side mods should be loaded with -servermod=. I assume you used -mod= and that's why it's advertised to clients.

However, this mod should be run everywhere, not all features are supported when it's server only. For example: dynamic camo code runs on clients.

 

 

Thank you for the quick reply Robalo!

 

ASR_AI3 was indeed being launched with -mod along any other mod that is used in the server so I changed it now so that ASR_AI3 starts with -serverMod.

Btw. thanks for the happy accident there. Did not have any idea that such launch parameter existed.

 

Is this "dynamic camo" configured for the units of IFA3_AIO_LITE (Iron Front)? I'd guess there's some base line at least for any unit that's not vanilla A3 (or its DLCs), no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asmodeuz said:

Is this "dynamic camo" configured for the units of IFA3_AIO_LITE (Iron Front)? I'd guess there's some base line at least for any unit that's not vanilla A3 (or its DLCs), no?

 

I am not aware of any custom addon that configures these units or their gear for my mod. I expect the units have their own camouflage config in their classes and their gear is not configured so it's probably just like vanilla, where camo is per unit class.

With dynamic camo, properly configured units get a base camo value in their class and then final camo value gets calculated based on (custom ASR) clothing camo parameters and launcher mass.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, spotter001 said:

Oh, good to know, cause it looked weird. Well, i use ace3, acex, Dynasound2, Enhanced soundscape and ASR so far. And of course the community made maps.
It happened in the arma3 Laws of War showcase, in the VR sim for Distinction principle (the one where you have to engage only the legitimate targets). You maybe right, it really seems to be the issue with primary weapons cause those AIs didn't fire at all in that mission and i restarted several times trying to find out why they throw frags instead of firing.
I will play some Tanoa based mission later and i'll report back.

 

Hello.

 

I had the same problem:

Removing "ace_ai" from ace3 and no more frag spam without rifle use.

 

But IMO, the use of grenade it rare without  "ace_ai"

However, ASR is a great improvement  of AI.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.1.6 is ready.

 

This version splits the main addon into several independent modules, making it easier to maintain but also
easier on user side when it comes to modifying, mixing with other mods or other experiments.

Feature summary by module available in first post.

 

Other changes:

[config]
- (mod) config support for new tacops dlc assets (units, uniforms)
- (mod) update ammo configs for compatibility with patch 1.78
- (mod) random bursts for automatic fire modes (use burstRangeMax)
[script]
- (mod) performance optimisation
- (mod) shared target info accuracy depends on sender's commanding skill
- (mod) can reset team super AI option after mission start with immediate effect
[settings]
- (mod) variables changed in userconfig

 

Updated extras for RHS etc. will follow soon.

 

Enjoy!

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Robalo Hey, thanks a lot for making ASR modular! I've been using the "danger" pbo, and I noticed a behaviour with the AI, I don't know if it's intentional. The AI seem to send off one or two "suicide soldiers" to go and run off into the fray, while the rest of them stay put at a waypoint. I have the enableAttack set to false, so it's not the AI sending units to engage I don't believe - is this expected behavior, and if so, could there be an option to disable it in the config?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

@Robalo Hey, thanks a lot for making ASR modular! I've been using the "danger" pbo, and I noticed a behaviour with the AI, I don't know if it's intentional. The AI seem to send off one or two "suicide soldiers" to go and run off into the fray, while the rest of them stay put at a waypoint. I have the enableAttack set to false, so it's not the AI sending units to engage I don't believe - is this expected behavior, and if so, could there be an option to disable it in the config?

 

Nope, can't give you an option for something I did not create. Seems to me standard behaviour where leader orders units to engage.

I wonder if enableAttack is working as expected. I even have it set to false for group sizes under 6 units automatically and never set it to true.

 

On another note, updated configs for RHS and Project Opfor are now available at the end of first post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Robalo Update just broke every mission utilizing ASR_AI. "asr_ai3_cfgcamouflage"  and "asr_ai3_cfgvehicles" seem to be missing and all missions with the mod refuse to work. Hope you find a solution soon because my group's missions are unplayable until this gets fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robalo said:

 

Nope, can't give you an option for something I did not create. Seems to me standard behaviour where leader orders units to engage.

I wonder if enableAttack is working as expected. I even have it set to false for group sizes under 6 units automatically and never set it to true.

 

On another note, updated configs for RHS and Project Opfor are now available at the end of first post.

Found out the behavior was caused by the "search buildings" feature. They were being sent out to clear enemy buildings by themselves, but when I set the "search buildings chance" to 0, the behavior stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, deadlymight said:

@Robalo Update just broke every mission utilizing ASR_AI. "asr_ai3_cfgcamouflage"  and "asr_ai3_cfgvehicles" seem to be missing and all missions with the mod refuse to work. Hope you find a solution soon because my group's missions are unplayable until this gets fixed.

 

Interesting. I will probably make some sort of hotfix to add the removed cfgPatches entries as a workaround.

A couple suggestions:

1. If it's about multiplayer: don't edit and save missions using the mod enabled. Wish I knew a way to prevent the auto dependency thing.

2. If it's a saved singleplayer mission: stick to using the old version until you complete it. When you update the mod and continue from a save, you'll be using the old version anyway.

 

33 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

Found out the behavior was caused by the "search buildings" feature. They were being sent out to clear enemy buildings by themselves, but when I set the "search buildings chance" to 0, the behavior stopped.

 

That's strange because they would only go into buildings in a max 50m range. I'll verify to see if I can repro this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

my missions are also broken due to those 2 missing files

 

See my post above.

Also, try this and let me know if that fixes the issue: http://ge.tt/4y5Erbn2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Robalo said:

 

See my post above.

Also, try this and let me know if that fixes the issue: http://ge.tt/4y5Erbn2

 

The compat fix worked. I tried a couple of missions and all loaded. Cheers for the quick response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×