One of my old mission is broken with following message

http://prntscr.com/ke0dp1

Which version I should use to open this mission and how to fix? I assume I need to unbinarize the mission and delete some entries after I manage to open it...

14 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

One of my old mission is broken with following message

http://prntscr.com/ke0dp1

Which version I should use to open this mission and how to fix? I assume I need to unbinarize the mission and delete some entries after I manage to open it...

• Thanks 1

When loaded ASR AI, IFV-6e can't fire behind Until enemy fired or moved front.

Only loaded ASR AI, and CBA

Is this specification, function or bug?

Apologies if asked/answered before, but 108 pages of comments... Is it possible to disable ASR-AI for a specific (scripted) group?

@Robalo
Bug: Team Leaders switch to their binocs too much when in combat mode. They practically don't engage anything.

Minor issue: Group moves way too slow when in combat mode, especially if the player is not the squad leader. Just try the first few East Wind campaign missions (Death Valley is probably the quickest one to test). You'll get bored immediately!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

@Robalo
Bug: Team Leaders switch to their binocs too much when in combat mode. They practically don't engage anything.

Minor issue: Group moves way too slow when in combat mode, especially if the player is not the squad leader. Just try the first few East Wind campaign missions (Death Valley is probably the quickest one to test). You'll get bored immediately!

i can conform this issue too , group leaders wont fight and use binocs morethan enough and they actually gives wired orders and slow the movement of their squad 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpt.ghost said:

i can conform this issue too , group leaders wont fight and use binocs morethan enough and they actually gives wired orders and slow the movement of their squad 

Yep, but to stress it one more time, it's the Team Leaders that do this a lot, not Squad Leaders. (Team Leaders are the ones that have Grenade Launchers, just spawn a  regular NATO squad in Editor, you'll see the difference)

3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Yep, but to stress it one more time, it's the Team Leaders that do this a lot, not Squad Leaders. (Team Leaders are the ones that have Grenade Launchers, just spawn a  regular NATO squad in Editor, you'll see the difference)

da thats what i mean ( group leaders ) which means any leader who have morethan 1 soldier in their squad

4 minutes ago, cpt.ghost said:

da thats what i mean ( group leaders ) which means any leader who have morethan 1 soldier in their squad

Um, OK! ;)

Hey @Robalo , is there a way to remove the burst behavior with the MGs that ASR has added? I prefer the longer bursts of vanilla AI, but love everything else about ASR. I'd be very appreciative for any assistance :)

On 8/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, Leopard20 said:

@Robalo

Im not using ASR AI,But what you describe is happening to me in vanilla Arma3.Been like this since a few updates ago.

today an enemy group was in a building,enemy squad lead was outside looking at their building wall with binocs staring rite into it.

I think its normal Arma AI

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Im not using ASR AI,But what you describe is happening to me in vanilla Arma3.Been like this since a few updates ago.

today an enemy group was in a building,enemy squad lead was outside looking at their building wall with binocs staring rite into it.

I think its normal Arma AI

Really? Huh. I thought it was ASR AI. I never play with vanilla AI!

13 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Really? Huh. I thought it was ASR AI. I never play with vanilla AI!

Vanilla has improved since few updates ago,i used to say the same as you to vanilla but now its decent.ASR AI and others are awesome but for large amounts of AI performance becomes an issue.

If you can,simply remove all binocs/range finders from squad leaders via virtual arsenal and you wont have the issue

• Thanks 1

Time for another update: v1.1.9

Have you even noticed after teamswitch the unit left in place often wonders off to some cover spot, not responding to any commands ?
With added fun when  you were in a high tower before switching to another unit ?
The new version has a fix for that (need more testing to confirm it's 100% gone).
Some other changes:
- ammo detection tweaks
- vehicle dispersion adjustments
- copy my stance works only for nearby teammates
- stay up when player in vehicle on copy my stance, faster mounting
- add some nasty temporary weapon sway to falling units
- bunch of code performance improvements, making sure some loops exit when they should
- improve the unfreeze unit command (the one that has a shortcut key in control settings)
- tweak the aiming and spotting skill interpolation curves

Have fun !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

The RHS configs were updated for 0.4.8. Also split into one pbo for each mod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Robalo said:

The RHS configs were updated for 0.4.8. Also split into one pbo for each mod.

That is the news which I was waiting for :)
Thanks!

This one a VCOM Ai are by far the most popular Ai addons for Arma 3.

Having tried VCOM first I found it to make Ai be TOO aggressive to be realistic. Yes they do amazing flanking maneuvers and all but they fear nothing and rush enemy locations in seconds. So because of that many find VCOM Ai to be better but the truth is that units rushing every known enemy position without doing any sort of recon/enemy force assessment in real life is suicidal, ill advised and because of that not really deployed on real life modern battlefields.

So in realistic behavior ASR certainly tops any other Ai mod out there.

Having said that I wanted to know if ASR-AI.:

1- Helps with the issue of Ai not reacting to player commands such as MOVE THERE, REGROUP etc?

With vanilla Ai they only follow players commands perhaps 50% of the time?

The only mod I've tried that helps controlling team Ai is C2. That mod does an splendid job at that. I just don't like having 2 or more Ai behavior mods enabled at any given time so it is either ASR or C2 for me. 

2- Do I need a special config to make ASR work with CUP units/weapons and the Ravage mod or it will work right away? I noticed some addons have special configs. 

31 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Having said that I wanted to know if ASR-AI.:

- Helps with the issue of Ai not reacting to player commands such as MOVE THERE, REGROUP etc?

With vanilla Ai they only follow players commands perhaps 50% of the time?

The only mod I've tried that helps controlling team Ai is C2. That mod does an splendid job at that. I just don't like having 2 or more Ai behavior mods enabled at any given time so it is either ASR or C2 for me. 

Heh, the random bug that made teamed units unresponsive to commands made me rage quit months ago and stop playing for a while :)

With the 1.1.9 version of the mod,  I haven't encountered it yet. Hope it's really gone and not just luck, only extended play testing will tell.

Since I started playing SP more I added some features aimed at better controlling the team AI, but it's certainly not meant to replace advanced AI control mods like C2.

I like to keep my mod setup slim (and those efpeeesses high :) and found C2 too advanced for my needs so I don't use it, hence I can't comment if there are any conflicts.

All my AI control features are optional or triggered only on configurable keybinds so I don't expect there would be issues.

The focus here is on enhancing the opposing AI in SP and coop games, not so much on commanding friendlies, so very different mods.

31 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

2- Do I need a special config to make ASR work with CUP units/weapons and the Ravage mod or it will work right away? I noticed some addons have special configs.

Special configs are a lot of work so I can't do them for every mod out there. They provide the full ASR AI experience for those mods they are made for by adjusting the config values.

But it does not mean that other mods without special configs will have any troubles. Just not as well tuned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Heh, the random bug that made teamed units unresponsive to commands made me rage quit months ago and stop playing for a while :)

With the 1.1.9 version of the mod,  I haven't encountered it yet. Hope it's really gone and not just luck, only extended play testing will tell.

Since I started playing SP more I added some features aimed at better controlling the team AI, but it's certainly not meant to replace advanced AI control mods like C2.

I like to keep my mod setup slim (and those efpeeesses high :) and found C2 too advanced for my needs so I don't use it, hence I can't comment if there are any conflicts.

All my AI control features are optional or triggered only on configurable keybinds so I don't expect there would be issues.

The focus here is on enhancing the opposing AI in SP and coop games, not so much on commanding friendlies, so very different mods.

Thanks for your honest and quick answer Robalo! Will be testing ASR more these coming days! I too find C2 too advanced but some of its features should've been done by CA in the first place. Same as with your AI!

May I do one last suggestion: Since with arma we already have so many shortcuts, what about doing a simple menu, just like the default Ai commanding menu but adding there all the option you access with shorcuts in ASR currently, such as:

1 UNSTUCK AI

2 HEAL WOUNDED ALLIES (Ai will heal players and then other Ais in group in a 50 radius, will go directly running and not search for cover while doing so but will return fire)

3 REARM (Ai will search 50Mts around the players cursor location for ammo, better weapons etc)

4 COPY MY STANCE (only for close by units, self explanatory)

5 CHANGE TO MAIN WEAPON/CHANGE WEAPONS (Ai will switch from Rifle to pistol and vice versa). 

6 RUN MODE (Ai will not take cover and just get to the location as fast as possible, works with regroup/move there and needs to be disabled by choosing the option again)

7 FIND COVER/FORTIFY LOCATION (Ai will drop any current commands and search for cover near the player's cursor, then provide covering fire there and fortify the location)

8 GET INTO BUILDING (Ai will occupy the building at the player's cursor) 

9 PATROL THERE (Ai will patrol in a 20 mts radius around the player's cursor location, will occasionally get into buildings in the patrol area)

10 FIND OVERWATCH (Ai will drop any current commands and will get to the closest higher ground near the player's cursor and assume a sniping/overwatch stance there. Will only move then called for regroup/move there.)

11 RTB (Ai will leave its current group, assume RUN MODE and get to its spawn location/base marker ASAP, even if they are on vehicles) At base it should have an option to be recruited to the group back again.

12 PICKUP (Ai will get in the closest available vehicle as a driver and then drive to they player's location ASAP).

ETC ETC

PS: The menu could be acceded by pressing SHIFT+1 or SHIFT+ (the key left to 1)

Most are just examples but you get the Idea, I think that that, combined with the unresponsives fixes you did will make ASR the final and definitive AI mod (no more need for a combination of them).

• Like 1

Slight hiccup wondered why Asrai dint seem to work after update, noticed the space instead of the underscore @ASR AI3 was @ASR_AI3 in command line. think that happened once before.

5 minutes ago, jgaz-uk said:

Slight hiccup wondered why Asrai dint seem to work after update, noticed the space instead of the underscore @ASR AI3 was @ASR_AI3 in command line. think that happened once before.

Ugh, my guess is you've used a downloaded version (Github, Armaholic) before and now switched to Steam ? AFAIR the Steam addons had the spaced mod dirs for a while. I haven't done anything different with Publisher.

11 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Thanks for your honest and quick answer Robalo! Will be testing ASR more these coming days! I too find C2 too advanced but some of its features should've been done by CA in the first place. Same as with your AI!

May I do one last suggestion: Since with arma we already have so many shortcuts, what about doing a simple menu, just like the default Ai commanding menu but adding there all the option you access with shorcuts in ASR currently, such as:

1 UNSTUCK AI

2 HEAL WOUNDED ALLIES (Ai will heal players and then other Ais in group in a 50 radius, will go directly running and not search for cover while doing so but will return fire)

3 REARM (Ai will search 50Mts around the players cursor location for ammo, better weapons etc)

4 COPY MY STANCE (only for close by units, self explanatory)

5 CHANGE TO MAIN WEAPON/CHANGE WEAPONS (Ai will switch from Rifle to pistol and vice versa). 

6 RUN MODE (Ai will not take cover and just get to the location as fast as possible, works with regroup/move there and needs to be disabled by choosing the option again)

7 FIND COVER/FORTIFY LOCATION (Ai will drop any current commands and search for cover near the player's cursor, then provide covering fire there and fortify the location)

8 GET INTO BUILDING (Ai will occupy the building at the player's cursor) 

9 PATROL THERE (Ai will patrol in a 20 mts radius around the player's cursor location, will occasionally get into buildings in the patrol area)

10 FIND OVERWATCH (Ai will drop any current commands and will get to the closest higher ground near the player's cursor and assume a sniping/overwatch stance there. Will only move then called for regroup/move there.)

11 RTB (Ai will leave its current group, assume RUN MODE and get to its spawn location/base marker ASAP, even if they are on vehicles) At base it should have an option to be recruited to the group back again.

12 PICKUP (Ai will get in the closest available vehicle as a driver and then drive to they player's location ASAP).

ETC ETC

PS: The menu could be acceded by pressing SHIFT+1 or SHIFT+ (the key left to 1)

Most are just examples but you get the Idea, I think that that, combined with the unresponsives fixes you did will make ASR the final and definitive AI mod (no more need for a combination of them).

Sounds nice, but I don't have neither the time nor the motivation to code all that.

The way I work on it is mainly making sure it stays up to date with the current content. Then, for features, is when I find something really annoying or want something really bad I try to work on that when I can.

• Like 3