Arma 3 Tools is definitely not 29 GB. No other methods exist as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

Is it ASR AI, that is making AI using ALOT of HE grenades, with pin point accuracy?
Or is there a way to make them less happy for HE? 

Would it be possible to an option to disable ASR AI for player squad? It sometimes seem to clash with C2.

Is there an option to disable AI from joining other groups when you place individual units in defensible locations?

Hey thumbs up for bringing this game forward with mods like this!

I was wondering if it would be possible to make an AI module that would fit for zombie survival or any other survival scenarios? Basically an every shot counts mode. 

It would greatly improve the immersion of survival gaming if AI recruits would:
- choose head shots in cqc e.g. against zombie AI 
- go for very short bursts or single if they are mounted on off-roaders they run through too quickly
- may be and not necessarily that they don't shoot into obstacles that are in the line of fire ... maybe only when you tell them to use suppressive fire

Hi, i've a problem.

I've tested ASR AI 1.1.6.01 on vanilla +CBA 3.5 on VR map with some ai units without mags and an ammo box and they don't rearm...

I've missed something?

Has anyone else also noticed that with ASR Ai just sees you everywhere and shoots through bushes and trees? Even with vanilla I've never seen AI sniping the enemy 600 yards away through 10 bushes and trees with perfect accuracy.

7 hours ago, Lothear said:

Has anyone else also noticed that with ASR Ai just sees you everywhere and shoots through bushes and trees? Even with vanilla I've never seen AI sniping the enemy 600 yards away through 10 bushes and trees with perfect accuracy.

I am quite sure that isn't the case. What you might be observing is AI sharing information about your squad with their side. There is a parameter "Radio range", try reducing that to 0 and see if that fixes it.

15 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

I am quite sure that isn't the case. What you might be observing is AI sharing information about your squad with their side. There is a parameter "Radio range", try reducing that to 0 and see if that fixes it.

You are great, Alwarren, thank you. Now it works perfectly.

On 26/1/2018 at 4:05 PM, drk darko said:

Hi, i've a problem.

I've tested ASR AI 1.1.6.01 on vanilla +CBA 3.5 on VR map with some ai units without mags and an ammo box and they don't rearm...

I've missed something?

I've tried the old 1.1.4 and rearm works fine. So is a 1.1.6.01 problem...

On 1/18/2018 at 10:56 PM, taro8 said:

Would it be possible to an option to disable ASR AI for player squad? It sometimes seem to clash with C2.

In-game setting ? Maybe, don't know when though. Most scripted features are already disabled for player group anyway.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, sunkl said:

Is there an option to disable AI from joining other groups when you place individual units in defensible locations?

There is no group joining in this mod. Used to be in older versions but it has been removed long ago.

On 1/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Schrebers said:

Hey thumbs up for bringing this game forward with mods like this!

I was wondering if it would be possible to make an AI module that would fit for zombie survival or any other survival scenarios? Basically an every shot counts mode. 

It would greatly improve the immersion of survival gaming if AI recruits would:
- choose head shots in cqc e.g. against zombie AI 
- go for very short bursts or single if they are mounted on off-roaders they run through too quickly
- may be and not necessarily that they don't shoot into obstacles that are in the line of fire ... maybe only when you tell them to use suppressive fire

I don't play zombie scenarios so no plans for that.

On 1/26/2018 at 5:05 PM, drk darko said:

Hi, i've a problem.

I've missed something?

Rearming kicks in after 5 minutes in game in latest version.

Hello,

i try to deploy ASR ai on my dedicated Server. But right now I'm confused about configuration.
So here are some questions:

• Is it ok to run only the @ASR_AI3 Mod on the server ?
  • I want to use cba_settings.sqf to use this file i add to my description.ext the following flag: cba_settings_hasSettingsFile = 1;. Is this correct ?
  • My cba_settings.sqf contains the following parameter:
asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.8;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 0;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 0;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;
asr_ai3_main_fallDown = true;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = true;
asr_ai3_main_debug_setskill = false;
asr_ai3_main_debug_setcamo = false;
asr_ai3_main_debug_findcover = false;
asr_ai3_main_debug_rearm = false;
asr_ai3_main_debug_reveal = false;
  • What about the asr_ai3_config.sqf ? Do i had to deploy this file into the server userconfig directory ?
  • Is there anything to note for RHS or CUP units?

Hello! Long time user of this excellent mod. Now I'm about to configure the skill settings (coefficient) for some factions added by mods, and I just want to make sure I understand correctly: if I set a faction as having a coefficient of 0.7 for example; does this mean that the coefficient will be 0.7 of the settings I have in arma? So if the AI has a skill setting of 0.7 in arma will ASR AI will replace it with 0.7*0.7 (i.e. 0.49) ? Also, is file patching mandatory for arma to use the ASR config? Thanks for all your great work!

ASR AI3 mod extras: config for RHS v: 0.4.4

update for versions 0.4.5?

Sorry for being a bit slow but until now I only used ASR-AI with A3 stock units but want to add support for FOW and IFA3 or maybe someone already did and I missed it???

Do I understand it correctly that I need to make a separate AI config PBO for each new faction with all class names etc. for a specific mod. I unpacked and looked at the config.bin in asr_ai3_rhs_gr_c.pbo and that was a lot of stuff :)

Or is it enough to add each faction to the asr_ai3_main_factions array in asr_ai3_config.sqf?

Would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction. I may take a stab at it when time permits...

Sorry for lack of replies, haven't been much around this lately as the interest in the game is slowly fading.

Most questions already have answers in this long thread, so please use the search thing.

@Keycat

First you have to understand what this mod changes, best place is to look directly at the source: https://github.com/robalo/mods/tree/master/asr_ai3/addons

Then you have to know what exactly do you need to adjust for the mod you want to bridge. Best of luck :)

Also, I'm pushing a new version. Changelog copied below.

This version integrates Pooter's enhanced ASR AI as optional features among other things.

[settings]
- (mod) in-game settings organized with subcategories
[main][script]
- (mod) automatically exclude civilian factions (contributed by 654wak654, thanks!)
[cfgammo][config]
- (mod) detection tweaks, tracers more visible to AI than non-tracers
- (mod) use HE ammo for Vorona and MRAWS against infantry and vehicles
[cfgweapons][config]
- (mod) update class relationship to match with 1.82
- (mod) use variable full auto burst lengths for SMGs
[control][config]
- (mod) adjust gear actions to show before the take actions (which can clutter commanding menus a lot)
[control][script]
- (mod) copy my stance can be used for selected units (defaults to all when none selected)
- (mod) remove stamina handling completely
- (add) shortcut keys to toggle AI flashlights and lasers - works under certain conditions (MRT compatible)
- (add) shortcut key to attempt to unfreeze AI units in team
[danger][script]
- (add) advanced cover and counter-attack from Raptoer/Pooter's fork (thanks!)
- (mod) removed unneeded setvariable flags
[hitreactions][script]
- (mod) optionally keep AI inside immobile vehicles with working weapons (by Raptoer, thanks again!)
[skills][config]
- (mod) support tanks DLC for dynamic camouflage
- (mod) minor spotting skill decrease
[skills][script]
- (mod) performance optimisation for dynamic camo (contributed by Dedmen, thanks!)

Have fun !

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

On 5/4/2018 at 11:31 AM, Robalo said:

@Keycat

First you have to understand what this mod changes, best place is to look directly at the source: https://github.com/robalo/mods/tree/master/asr_ai3/addons

Then you have to know what exactly do you need to adjust for the mod you want to bridge. Best of luck :)

Yea I already know I misunderstood the "asr_ai3_main_factions" array. Will read up on your link. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction as well as the update! Can not play A3 without your mod :)

Curious does this mod involve enemy AI hunting Player and allies thru buildings?

On 5/5/2018 at 8:32 AM, froggyluv said:

Curious does this mod involve enemy AI hunting Player and allies thru buildings?

Not directly but it can create that impression as the AI may patrol near buildings or use building positions for cover.

Hey @Robalo,

I recently got reports of supposed incompatibilities between my missions and ASR AI, the reporter cited this screenshot as an example:

6FD596DF4646A89EB816C90066BA4F9D926B9FAD

To be honest, I don't have the slightest clue in how far anything my mission does could result in the above screenshot. Is there anything specific I can look for? Or is the problem on the user's side?

• Confused 1

On 5/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, Alwarren said:

Hey @Robalo,

I recently got reports of supposed incompatibilities between my missions and ASR AI, the reporter cited this screenshot as an example:

To be honest, I don't have the slightest clue in how far anything my mission does could result in the above screenshot. Is there anything specific I can look for? Or is the problem on the user's side?

Can't see anything wrong in that picture, it just looks like debugging is enabled in settings. User/Admin error :)

• Like 1

On 16.5.2018 at 9:27 PM, Robalo said:

Can't see anything wrong in that picture, it just looks like debugging is enabled in settings. User/Admin error :)

Thanks, yeah that is what I assumed as well. I don't do anything related to ASR debugging, no idea why it would show this.

When using AsrAi in combination with the RHS mods, the rocket artillery starts spreading rockets like a water fountain.
Video to show this issue

This behaviour stops when I disable Asr - is there anything I can fix/reconfigure myself or is this a real bug? This makes rocket artillery pretty useless...

Tested locally in editor, mods were asr/ace/rhs. Unit in test was "RHS_BM21_VV_01". Just place a fire mission waypoint and watch the fountain.

• Like 1