2 hours ago, Robalo said:

No plans for this.

Most obvious thing would be the presence of the in-game settings for it. If you got to see them then it's installed. Are you running ACE3 as well ? The fall on hit feature is disabled if that's the case since ACE3 has something like that already.

For the rest, should be visible if you played the game a lot, but not too obvious for someone who just installed arma3 and installed the mod right away.

Thanks for the response.

It's definitely working, there's a marked difference in the AI behaviour, and they also remove their NVGs during the daytime.  I don't have ACE installed, but the fall on hit feature still isn't working for me.  The only other mods I have apart from texture mods, sound mods, and the full RHS pack are ones to remove stamina, reduce weapon sway, and enable accessing the virtual arsenal in any SP campaign.  Could any of those be interfering with the fall on hit function?

4 hours ago, Robalo said:

No plans for this.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Robalo, we are running a dedicated server and it seems like it doesn't save our settings. I set radio range for 0 and when I revisit the dialog as the admin it still says 700 meters. Even if I click save and give the preset a name it still goes back to 700. Are you aware of this? Are we doing anything wrong?

5 hours ago, Variable said:

Robalo, we are running a dedicated server and it seems like it doesn't save our settings. I set radio range for 0 and when I revisit the dialog as the admin it still says 700 meters. Even if I click save and give the preset a name it still goes back to 700. Are you aware of this? Are we doing anything wrong?

I suspect CBA bug because I haven't changed anything. Do you have another mod with CBA settings that you can test saving settings for ? I can't check this.

Hello Robalo!

I have a question about PROJECT_OPFOR asr_ai config...

To use it I need only asr_ai and that 3rd part config or rhs config too(because they use rhs weapons& gear)?

Thank you.

14 hours ago, Robalo said:

I suspect CBA bug because I haven't changed anything. Do you have another mod with CBA settings that you can test saving settings for ? I can't check this.

Just checked ACRE and ACE settings, both save the parameters I set.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Variable said:

Just checked ACRE and ACE settings, both save the parameters I set.

I went through the server file and found a cba\settings.sqf. Removing the asr_ai3_* parameters fixed the problem. However, the weird part is that for example there was a line

asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 0;

but the UI still always showed the default 700. 

I have no idea why this behavior happens, must be some change in the way CBA handles the settings. In any case, removing them from cba\settings.sqf fixed the problem with not saving.

• Thanks 1

It's intended behavior:

Note that settings defined in the userconfig cannot be changed in the ingame settings menu.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/CBA-Settings-System#userconfig

One scenario I can think of is you recently added -filePatching to the server and this enabled reading the userconfig.

Thanks for finding the root cause, should help others that might have ran into this.

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

I went through the server file and found a cba\settings.sqf. Removing the asr_ai3_* parameters fixed the problem. However, the weird part is that for example there was a line

asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 0;

but the UI still always showed the default 700. 

I have no idea why this behavior happens, must be some change in the way CBA handles the settings. In any case, removing them from cba\settings.sqf fixed the problem with not saving.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ab_luca said:

Hello Robalo!

I have a question about PROJECT_OPFOR asr_ai config...

To use it I need only asr_ai and that 3rd part config or rhs config too(because they use rhs weapons& gear)?

Thank you.

Good guess, you need the RHS config.

1 hour ago, Robalo said:

Thanks for finding the root cause, should help others that might have ran into this.

One thing I should stress is that the file I am talking about was called only "settings.sqf", not "cba_settings.sqf" as mentioned on the page. I suppose that it is a remnant of a previous version, but the difference is worth pointing out.

21 hours ago, Alwarren said:

One thing I should stress is that the file I am talking about was called only "settings.sqf", not "cba_settings.sqf" as mentioned on the page. I suppose that it is a remnant of a previous version, but the difference is worth pointing out.

It was "cba_settings.sqf" since release, there was a brief time in development where it was "cba/settings.sqf" only IIRC.

49 minutes ago, jonpas said:

It was "cba_settings.sqf" since release, there was a brief time in development where it was "cba/settings.sqf" only IIRC.

That's weird, because it was definitely the settings.sqf that disrupted the functionality of the ASR AI settings. Deleted the file, and all of a sudden things worked again :|

is it possible to adjust the AI Skills during the game? It is a global parameter so I assume it will take effect for the units which are spawned by Zeus after skill change but want to double check :)

On 12/30/2017 at 6:49 PM, Alwarren said:

That's weird, because it was definitely the settings.sqf that disrupted the functionality of the ASR AI settings. Deleted the file, and all of a sudden things worked again :|

Interesting, shouldn't have happened, there is no reference to that file anywhere, only paths are here.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:49 PM, Alwarren said:

Do you have a path to this settings.sqf please Alwarren ?   Tried allowing file patching on the server & that didn't work.

Pity CBA dudes & Robalo cant get to the bottom of the saving settings for Dedicated servers problem.

21 minutes ago, jgaz-uk said:

Do you have a path to this settings.sqf please Alwarren ?   Tried allowing file patching on the server & that didn't work.

For us it was in userconfig\cba\settings.sqf. 

The @CBA_A3 doesn't have or come with a userconfig folder? or at least the latest update from Steam Workshop Addons doesn't

The only folders in the Server userconfig are the asr_ai3 with a    asr_ai3_config.sqf     & a task_force_radio folder with a     radio_settings.hpp

And thats it we dont run ACE.

Happy New Year ! :)

There was long ago an optional CBA addon called cba_auto_load_settings_file which loaded the settings from userconfig\cba\settings.sqf.

I checked Github history and it was last spotted in CBA v3.2.1: https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/tree/v3.2.1.170227/optionals

So I guess check for a file like that and in case you find it, nuke it from the orbit.

Ok, having been plagued with grenade spam (under barrel and hand thrown) we ran a test with our modset without ASR AI. If we load all our addons except ASR AI, and place a grenadier and rifleman 200 meters away from a player, they engage with their rifles. They don't even use grenades. If we load ASR AI as well, they ONLY use grenades until they are depleted, and only then switch to rifles.

Also we noticed that ASR AI does make 40mm cheaper, and makes them more probable to use, and at higher ranges.

I hope this could be helpful although we didn't run a controlled test with only ASR AI loaded to rule out any contribution of other mods. However, our modset is not exotic, and if we have this problem, I suppose other groups might have it, too. 

Here's our mod list (except for MRT Accessory Functions):
http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/

AsrAi3 now working on our dedicated server yay!.  The addon name had changed from ASR_AI3 to one with a space instead of an underscore so the Addon was not loading on the server. Changed the name in the  server commandline  & it all works as before.

• Haha 1

Hello! Happy new year to you too...

Shall I make a little request??

...actually to activate Asr_ai_rhs_config all rhs mods are needed...so I tried to split in separated folder and in game I'm not getting any error,except steam that says that I need all faction....good,

so is it possible to You to Officially publish separated mod configs for rhs...because as you say to work like it should asr_ai must run on server and client...but for me is a problem to explain to everybody to remove this or that pbo before join the server!

I hope you understand my point of view , i have the same problem with ace optionals also that I really would like to use but I dont kow how to align people's mod.

Bye

p.s . project opfor use only usa and russia for now,so it is useless to activate gref and serbia !

Two questions please:

1.]Since the ASR AI 3 addon makes AI units communicate with each other is there a way for AI units to make use of mortar teams? Anything as such planned or something?

2.]The AI uses its new functions like finding cover in all maps right? Not just in vanilla maps. Maybe it has already been answered but searching 105 pages is too much. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, Variable said:

Ok, having been plagued with grenade spam (under barrel and hand thrown) we ran a test with our modset without ASR AI. If we load all our addons except ASR AI, and place a grenadier and rifleman 200 meters away from a player, they engage with their rifles. They don't even use grenades. If we load ASR AI as well, they ONLY use grenades until they are depleted, and only then switch to rifles.

Also we noticed that ASR AI does make 40mm cheaper, and makes them more probable to use, and at higher ranges.

I hope this could be helpful although we didn't run a controlled test with only ASR AI loaded to rule out any contribution of other mods. However, our modset is not exotic, and if we have this problem, I suppose other groups might have it, too. 

Here's our mod list (except for MRT Accessory Functions):
http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/

On 1/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, kklownboy said:

Have you tried without ace_ai.pbo

This. It has been reported in the past that removing it fixed the nade spam issue. The weapon config changes in that pbo conflict with this mod big time.

Also I'm not running ACE (wish I could but performance hit is way too extreme for me) and I can't repro the issue.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, jgaz-uk said:

AsrAi3 now working on our dedicated server yay!.  The addon name had changed from ASR_AI3 to one with a space instead of an underscore so the Addon was not loading on the server. Changed the name in the  server commandline  & it all works as before.

Yeah, when I push to Steam with publisher it changes the mod folder name.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, ab_luca said:

Hello! Happy new year to you too...

Shall I make a little request??

...actually to activate Asr_ai_rhs_config all rhs mods are needed...so I tried to split in separated folder and in game I'm not getting any error,except steam that says that I need all faction....good,

so is it possible to You to Officially publish separated mod configs for rhs...because as you say to work like it should asr_ai must run on server and client...but for me is a problem to explain to everybody to remove this or that pbo before join the server!

I hope you understand my point of view , i have the same problem with ace optionals also that I really would like to use but I dont kow how to align people's mod.

Bye

p.s . project opfor use only usa and russia for now,so it is useless to activate gref and serbia !

It's too much  of a headache to maintain 4 extra configs instead of one... in addition to the others. You're missing out on quality stuff in GREF and SAF, my advice is to use them.

Otherwise, you can split the extra RHS configs into separate mods and publish them yourself. I'm OK with that, just use your own tag in the mod name and make it clear I'm not it's maintainer in that form.

6 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Two questions please:

1.]Since the ASR AI 3 addon makes AI units communicate with each other is there a way for AI units to make use of mortar teams? Anything as such planned or something?

2.]The AI uses its new functions like finding cover in all maps right? Not just in vanilla maps. Maybe it has already been answered but searching 105 pages is too much. 

1. Look for Rydygier's  mod called "Fire For Effect: The God Of War"

2. Yes

• Like 2

On 11/1/2018 at 10:35 PM, Robalo said:

I'm OK with that, just use your own tag in the mod name and make it clear I'm not it's maintainer in that form.

Thank you for this permission!!!

Do you know a faster method then install Arma 3 Tools(29GB)to publish on workshop??