Hi.

It appears that after RHS update, the rhs config pack generates new errors: VhS8Nc3.jpg

Getting frustrated again with the 40mm grenades... bam bam bam all the team is dead. For guys that play without respawn it gets frustrating. It seems like the accuracy is something we can leave with now (still too accurate to my taste, especially if you take into account that they need zero time to aim and correct between shots, but ok...), but you seemed to have increased the probability that they will use 40mm grenades. Robalo, will you consider reducing it? If not, can you let us know how can we reduce that ourselves?

• Like 2

can't you remove the granedes from AI as a workaround? Does this mod really spawn the grenades and do not check the inventory?

We are playing missions from multiple authors, some of them from the Workshop. We can't edit every single mission we play so that's not a solution. The mod doesn't do anything with the grenades except for increasing the likelihood they'll be used, their range (for hand grenades) and their accuracy - all that with the existing grenades of the units. The combination of all making the experience against AI infantry a nightmare. If people like it this way, fine, but I would hope Robalo could explain how we can edit the mod for ourselves to reduce the AI effectiveness with grenades.

Or - maybe, make the changes to AI hand and rifle grenade usage configurable and allow communities to disable them?

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Variable said:

Getting frustrated again with the 40mm grenades... bam bam bam all the team is dead. For guys that play without respawn it gets frustrating. It seems like the accuracy is something we can leave with now (still too accurate to my taste, especially if you take into account that they need zero time to aim and correct between shots, but ok...), but you seemed to have increased the probability that they will use 40mm grenades. Robalo, will you consider reducing it? If not, can you let us know how can we reduce that ourselves?

Funny thing is I think discussion started at some point about hand frags and I tweaked their cost overlooking the fact that 40mm class inherit from a different grenade class plus it has their own cost set to 10, which I haven't ever change.

So, my grenade ammo cost tweaks applied only for hand grenades, making cost lower in an attempt to make AI use them more.

For grenade launchers, I never changed them (thought I did but nope). Their vanilla cost is 10, which is even lower than my 15 set for hand frags.

You can tweak that in cfgammo if you want to test:

class G_40mm_HE : GrenadeBase {
  cost = 10;
};

Bump that cost to something like 20, or 40 and see.

I am not tempted to change it because I hardly ever see GL's used.

17 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

can't you remove the granedes from AI as a workaround? Does this mod really spawn the grenades and do not check the inventory?

Now let's not talk crazy here. Spawn grenades ??!

• Like 2

On 10/1/2017 at 3:24 AM, boberro said:

Hi.

It appears that after RHS update, the rhs config pack generates new errors:

Dammit RHS why didn't you sms me or something about your release so I can unpack your files, check for diffs and start updating my config classes right away ?

EDIT: Sorry for that^^^ you probably didn't mean to demand anything and just reported an issue so thanks. It's just that this happens after each RHS release and I honestly didn't know they got 0.4.3 out.

Plus the Misery mod 2.2 for Stalker COP just came out too and now I'm torn between the Zone and modding Arma :) Oh and I have a fulltime job that takes me 12 hours a day and I have 2 kids.

Some would say my wife has 3 kids, me included.

• Like 9

Don't worry - on my server, for the time being I simply commented out patch for this particular weapon. It's the only one that causes issues.

ps. I've been stressed out by arma needing patches while I needed a life before, so I completely undestand you. It was supposed to be just a game, not a job ;)

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 2:44 AM, Robalo said:

You can check the skill setting in config explorer or in the source: https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/cfgvehicles/CfgVehicles.hpp

There is no complete list, skill level may be inherited based on how unit classes are configured.

Back in July we talked about setting AI class skill and I've been manually editing the classes in the .cfg.

I'm wondering though: is it possible to set a new class of AI for [player_unit] ? To allow SP player AI units to be more like human players and more useful... 

Foxmod AI tweaks is supposed to do that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1052042270 but I don't think it's working or is in conflict.

Thanks again, awesome mod!

6 hours ago, k0zm3k said:

Back in July we talked about setting AI class skill and I've been manually editing the classes in the .cfg.

I'm wondering though: is it possible to set a new class of AI for [player_unit] ? To allow SP player AI units to be more like human players and more useful... 

Foxmod AI tweaks is supposed to do that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1052042270 but I don't think it's working or is in conflict.

Thanks again, awesome mod!

I have a little something already done to improve the SP experience a bit. I'm not exactly sure how close is to what you're asking.

You'll have a setting to get AI skills in player's group maxed out. Simple setskill 1 deal. I think it improves chances of survival for you robot buddies and makes advancing through the missions more pleasant,

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Robalo said:

33You'll have a setting to get AI skills in player's group maxed out. Simple setskill 1 deal.

OK. Thanks for the reply! Confused ... but close to a breakthrough!

Do you mean set vanilla skill setting to "1" i.e. full bar? I thought ASR would override AI skill based on unit type...? 

Or do you mean level 1 in your  AI config file? As in the following. Thank again so much. If there's a

asr_ai3_main_sets = [ // for each level: skilltype, [<min value>, <random value added to min>]
    [    "general",[1.00,0.0],    "aiming",[1.00,0.0],    "spotting",[1.00,0.0]    ],    // 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
    [    "general",[0.90,0.1],    "aiming",[0.85,0.2],    "spotting",[0.80,0.1]    ],    // 1:  sf 1
    [    "general",[0.85,0.1],    "aiming",[0.85,0.2],    "spotting",[0.80,0.1]    ],    // 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
    [    "general",[0.80,0.1],    "aiming",[0.40,0.1],    "spotting",[0.30,0.1]    ],    // 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
    [    "general",[0.75,0.1],    "aiming",[0.30,0.1],    "spotting",[0.25,0.1]    ],    // 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
    [    "general",[0.70,0.1],    "aiming",[0.15,0.1],    "spotting",[0.20,0.1]    ],    // 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
    [    "general",[0.65,0.1],    "aiming",[0.10,0.1],    "spotting",[0.15,0.1]    ],    // 6:  some military training (insurgents)
    [    "general",[0.60,0.1],    "aiming",[0.05,0.1],    "spotting",[0.10,0.1]    ],    // 7:  no military training
    [    "general",[0.80,0.1],    "aiming",[0.60,0.1],    "spotting",[0.55,0.1]    ],    // 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
    [    "general",[0.75,0.1],    "aiming",[0.15,0.1],    "spotting",[0.45,0.1]    ],    // 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
    [    "general",[0.90,0.1],    "aiming",[0.85,0.3],    "spotting",[0.90,0.1]    ]    // 10: sniper 

8 hours ago, k0zm3k said:

OK. Thanks for the reply! Confused ... but close to a breakthrough!

Do you mean set vanilla skill setting to "1" i.e. full bar? I thought ASR would override AI skill based on unit type...? 

Or do you mean level 1 in your  AI config file? As in the following. Thank again so much. If there's a

Yeah setskill 1 means all their skills will be maxed out. I'll call this team superAI :)

Of course it overrides based on unit type as usual except when you have this new option checked it will give your AI buddies max skills regardless of type.

No I don't mean skill level 1 classification, but level 0, the one just above.

So far I have this triggered on init and on teamswitch. Also have this in a local EH so in MP having AI join or leave your group is handled properly.

What's not handled is in SP having AI join or leave. Not sure how to detect that without loops.

6 hours ago, Robalo said:

when you have this new option checked it will give your AI buddies max skills regardless of type.

That sounds like what I want, but where do I enable it? I'm really confused if you're telling me to set the ARMA vanilla AI settings to 1, (as in the default menus, GUI slider bars for skill and accuracy) ... OR if it's set elsewhere, like text editing the .conif file. If it's the config.sqf, what line exactly do I need to add? Could you walk me through it?

Is there documentation somewhere I'm missing? I could perhaps help write a doc if that would be helpful for others to share this info.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, k0zm3k said:

That sounds like what I want, but where do I enable it? I'm really confused if you're telling me to set the ARMA vanilla AI settings to 1, (as in the default menus, GUI slider bars for skill and accuracy) ... OR if it's set elsewhere, like text editing the .conif file. If it's the config.sqf, what line exactly do I need to add? Could you walk me through it?

Is there documentation somewhere I'm missing? I could perhaps help write a doc if that would be helpful for others to share this info.

Thanks!

It's not out yet, next version you'll see it in the in-game settings. I'll make it enabled by default.

• Like 1

One more thing I noticed with with rhs settings pack: afrf pbo exports some magazine classes, which leads to missions requiring this addon. Is this necessary?

5 hours ago, boberro said:

One more thing I noticed with with rhs settings pack: afrf pbo exports some magazine classes, which leads to missions requiring this addon. Is this necessary?

No even changing anything about magazines so not necessary. Any idea about how to fix it ?

Main mod and optional RHS config updated.

1.1.5 changes
[config]
- (mod) make dispersion coefs vary with optic types again
- (mod) match explosive detection skills of green recon with post-LoW vanilla
- (mod) slight spotting distance increase overall
[script]
- (mod) re-add: dead units detach from static weapons
- (mod) auto-disable random fall when hit if ACE3 hitreactions used
- (mod) auto-disable AI self-heal if ACE3 medical used
- (add) option for team superAI
[settings]
- (mod) add CIV_IDAP_F to skipped factions in default userconfig

RHS 0.4.3 config changes
[config]
- (mod) update class inheritance for 0.4.3
- (mod) update camo coefs for new gear in 0.4.3
- (mod) apply 1.1.5 weapon dispersion coef tweaks
- (mod) fix optic type for new sights
- (mod) add AI fire modes and ranges for new weapons
- (mod) update to 1.1.5 ammo detection ranges
- (mod) add aiAmmoUsageFlags for Carl Gustav

Enjoy !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 10/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, Robalo said:

No even changing anything about magazines so not necessary. Any idea about how to fix it ?

Ah, sorry, it was saf pbo instead. In it's CfgPatches config, there's this part:

ammo[] = {"rhssaf_ammo_556x45_EPR","rhssaf_ammo_556x45_SOST","rhssaf_ammo_556x45_SPR","rhs_ammo_792x57_Ball"};

if it was like in other asr_ai_rhs configs, so

ammo[]= {};

it would not generate mission dependencies.

1 hour ago, boberro said:

Ah, sorry, it was saf pbo instead. In it's CfgPatches config, there's this part:

ammo[] = {"rhssaf_ammo_556x45_EPR","rhssaf_ammo_556x45_SOST","rhssaf_ammo_556x45_SPR","rhs_ammo_792x57_Ball"};

if it was like in other asr_ai_rhs configs, so

ammo[]= {};

it would not generate mission dependencies.

it's empty in the source though, no idea what makes binarisation add it there.

1 hour ago, computer said:

Can ASR ai be disabled with a command for per mission basis at all?

You can control the scripted features using the global variables but you can't disable any config mod, so short answer no.

5 hours ago, Robalo said:

You can control the scripted features using the global variables but you can't disable any config mod, so short answer no.

Having trouble finding out the variables. Do CBA settings allow disabling most scripted features? I have some special ai behaviour for some special missions, don't want anything unexpected. The config edits should not break anything, worried about scripts!

On 10/7/2017 at 7:32 AM, Robalo said:

1.1.5 changes
- (add) option for team superAI

Awesome thanks! I see the new option in the menu

For the RHS config, does that extend to mods that use RHS assets (Project Opfor is the one that inspired this question)

On 10/1/2017 at 8:53 PM, Variable said:

As in real combat don't bunch up, split into groups one advance one cover. then maybe not " bam bam bam all the team is dead" perhaps?

• Thanks 4

14 hours ago, computer said:

Having trouble finding out the variables. Do CBA settings allow disabling most scripted features? I have some special ai behaviour for some special missions, don't want anything unexpected. The config edits should not break anything, worried about scripts!

You can export them from the settings menu

9 hours ago, Outbreakdubs said:

For the RHS config, does that extend to mods that use RHS assets (Project Opfor is the one that inspired this question)

Nope, a specific config is required that tweaks POpfor. There is one available for 0.2.3.