9 hours ago, mickeymen said:

These are variations only for static units. With this, there is no problem, because I can easily deprive units of movement, using a AI-module in the editor. However, in my case, I wanted my several single-snipers to move with random periodicity and only in a given radius (stealth mode). Such an snipers, could be more unpredictable and dangerous. It is for this reason that I am talking about the special movement, without rapprochement with the enemy. As it seems to me, the sniper should not approach to the enemy. He must only maneuver over a long distance, since the purpose of a sniper is to destroy an enemy from afar.

Stealth mode is kind of tricky since it works very much like danger mode, raising the alertness level of the AI. It makes them more prone to notice enemies.

What a unit should or should not do highly depends on the scenario, there is no generic solution for this and certainly not for an AI mod. You could argue (equally valid) that you want your sniper to move in a position where he can actually engage. Obtaining a specific behavior with the AI is difficult. Other than that, Varanon has already written that you can exclude units from being handled by ASR AI, 

• Like 1

On 10.08.2017 at 0:32 PM, Alwarren said:

You could argue (equally valid)

I'm tired of arguing, Is enough. To all users - only good mods...

2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

I'm tired of arguing, Is enough. To all users - only good mods...

Whatever generates your Mass Effect field :D

On 09.08.2017 at 9:30 PM, Devastator_cm said:

anybody knows where can I find the opfor optional file? The withsix link is dead as they are shutting down their service

The same question ... I need ASR AI3: Project Opfor, BWA3, Spec4Gear, Military Gear Pack configs. Can someone link to Mega or DropBox?:down: Dev-Heaven lost! :evil:

1 hour ago, kklownboy said:

dude... page one, first post ,scroll down to the bottom...

There are no working links to Dev-Heaven:whatsthat:

All extra configs are available on Steam and Github (updated links in first post).

• Like 3

Have to take back my feedback about the grenades. Played several coop missions tonight and on Sunday, most of us were head-shoted by the first AI grenade in every single one of them. 

AI Precision 0.18

AI Skill 0.69

14 hours ago, Variable said:

Have to take back my feedback about the grenades. Played several coop missions tonight and on Sunday, most of us were head-shoted by the first AI grenade in every single one of them. 

AI Precision 0.18

AI Skill 0.69

Sounds nasty. GL or hand frags ? Can you say which kind of weapon/ammo more exactly ?

6 hours ago, Robalo said:

Sounds nasty. GL or hand frags ? Can you say which kind of weapon/ammo more exactly ?

Both actually. Grenadiers seem to always land a first-shot hit even at 200+ range.
Hand grenades, we had one case yesterday were an AI came around the corner in danger mode but unaware of our location, noticed us, and immediately tossed a frag right in the middle.

I have to concur with Variable's assessment, I think I only died from grenades the whole evening.

Part of the problem is probably how grenade throwing in Arma works, it's completely without delay, you don't have to change weapons, nothing. I wish grenades were weapons like they are in most other games :|

• Like 3

Is this mod compatible for AI in Exile? I have static missions, and zombies, will it work?

5 minutes ago, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Is this mod compatible for AI in Exile? I have static missions, and zombies, will it work?

I don't know Exile but this mod is not meant for zombies. No idea what would happen if you tried, might be fun.

• Like 1

lol, yea I'm gonna try just for fun!

• Like 1

Hello! 

Simple question! Do i need the compatibility addons (mentioned in Armaholic) for RHS factions?

Thanks a lot!

13 minutes ago, PabloDMA said:

Hello! 

Simple question! Do i need the compatibility addons (mentioned in Armaholic) for RHS factions?

Thanks a lot!

yes; they're at the end of first post too (always latest versions there)

• Like 1

Ahoi!

I tried to exclude a spawned unit from asr ai with no succes.

_spawnedUnit = _thisGrp createUnit [_thisUnitType, _position, [], 0, "FORM"];

[_spawnedUnit] joinSilent _thisGrp;

_spawnedUnit setvariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true, true];

the unit still shows "non Vanilla Behaviour".

Does it only work, if i put this in an initField of a unit in editor?

Is it even possible to disable ASR-AI completely on a unit?

would it perhaps help to use something like _spawnedUnit disableAI "fsm"?

could anyone pls enlight me a bit about what these fsm´s exactly do?

Robalo- do the configs for RHS and Project Opfor require both clientside and serverside implementation? Or can i get away with just a serverside install? Thanks.

5 hours ago, mightyUgga said:

Ahoi!

I tried to exclude a spawned unit from asr ai with no succes.

_spawnedUnit = _thisGrp createUnit [_thisUnitType, _position, [], 0, "FORM"];

[_spawnedUnit] joinSilent _thisGrp;

_spawnedUnit setvariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true, true];

the unit still shows "non Vanilla Behaviour".

Meaning ? What behaviour ?

10 minutes ago, Arcieri said:

Robalo- do the configs for RHS and Project Opfor require both clientside and serverside implementation? Or can i get away with just a serverside install? Thanks.

All addons must be installed on servers and clients.

they just behave different in many ways.

without asr-ai installed

- they stay where they have spawned.

- they seem to only throw grenades, when they have no other ammo.

- they start shooting from a greater distance.

with asr ai  and with "asr_ai_exclude" enabled (or not, i dont see a difference there)

- they moving towards the enemy

- they use more grenades

- they refuse to shoot at me from a distance. but when i am getting close enough, they react much quicker than in vanilla.

My Question: Should they behave like vanilla AI when i use    _spawnedUnit setvariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true]   or do i have to disable something else?

my goal is to make some units completely controlled by sqf, whereby other units remain under asr control.

me excusing,I bad english XD

The exclude variable prevents units from being processed by the mod scripts, more exactly, looking in the code where the variable is checked:

- unit will not rearm

- will not send target info to other groups

- will not get dynamic camouflage values

- will not get per type skills

- will not fall out of static weapons when killed or badly wounded

- will not randomly fall when hit

- will not first aid automatically

- will not seek cover when exposed

- will not mount near weapons

- will not enter near buildings

- will not unequip nods on daylight

That's all.

Different behavior may be observed even if you set the variable due to config tweaks like better hearing explosions or passing bullets.

o/

Have been using ASR since Arma 2, thanks for all the work you put in

I'm having trouble increasing the AI hearing distance (in an old version there was a multipler in the _SS file, and it made for some amazing fights. My best guess atm is fnc_reactDanger.sqf:

if (!isMultiPlayer && {_dangerCausedBy != player} && {_unit distance player > 2000}) exitWith {};

Is that 2000 the hearing range? And if so, is it as simple as increasing this number?

Thanks

On 18.08.2017 at 10:09 PM, Alwarren said:

I have to concur with Variable's assessment, I think I only died from grenades the whole evening.

Part of the problem is probably how grenade throwing in Arma works, it's completely without delay, you don't have to change weapons, nothing. I wish grenades were weapons like they are in most other games :|

I completely agree. In the latest version of ASR the spawn of grenades is overly exaggerated.

At first I liked how the AI uses grenades (old versions), but it's annoying now. Maybe this is my perception? Or probably the last update of ASR added additional spawn grenades, despite the author's claim that he reduced the spawn. (there could be a wrong new algorithm) Today (v 1.1.3), the grenades in ASR, are complicate the life of the player, this is good, but unfortunately this does not look realistic, because once the AI detects the player, through 00000.1 seconds, the player sees flying grenade!  

conclusion:
@Robalo, after any recognition of enemy target, It is necessary to give the small delay for use grenades (can be within 2-5 sec), so in the most cases, let the AI, first will use the primary weapons and only after this throws a hand grenades. Regarding the use of UGL, it still looks decent

Hi. I've encountered some problems with AI distinguishing friendlies from enemies. For example, I tried a mission "Information Embargo" on Steam Workshop. At some point in the mission there's an informant among CSAT forces who is on their side but suddenly the CSAT start shooting at him! Or in the campain mission "Drawdown 2035" the AAF soldiers at the checkpoint start firing at the truck you drive! I also encountered a similar issue in a mission in "Resist" campaign. Can you please fix this issue?

1 minute ago, ColonelKernel said:

Hi. I've encountered some problems with AI distinguishing friendlies from enemies. For example, I tried a mission "Information Embargo" on Steam Workshop. At some point in the mission there's an informant among CSAT forces who is one their side but suddenly the CSAT start shooting at him! Or in the campain mission "Drawdown 2035" the AAF soldiers at the checkpoint start firing at the truck you drive! I also encountered a similar issue in a mission in "Resist" campaign. Can you please fix this issue?

Should be fixed in next version. Very soon.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:32 AM, Harudath said:

o/

Have been using ASR since Arma 2, thanks for all the work you put in

I'm having trouble increasing the AI hearing distance (in an old version there was a multipler in the _SS file, and it made for some amazing fights. My best guess atm is fnc_reactDanger.sqf:

if (!isMultiPlayer && {_dangerCausedBy != player} && {_unit distance player > 2000}) exitWith {};

Is that 2000 the hearing range? And if so, is it as simple as increasing this number?

Thanks

That's not it. I'm afraid it's not tweak-able either, since hearing is no longer aided by scripts but config (ammo classes). There are 2 sides for this, one makes for more realistic reaction to gunfire with extended ranges but at same time tends to break missions more. I tried to find a balanced setting in configs (it's set in configs instead of scripting because it's less resource consuming this way).

On 8/31/2017 at 11:46 AM, mickeymen said:

I completely agree. In the latest version of ASR the spawn of grenades is overly exaggerated.

At first I liked how the AI uses grenades (old versions), but it's annoying now. Maybe this is my perception? Or probably the last update of ASR added additional spawn grenades, despite the author's claim that he reduced the spawn. (there could be a wrong new algorithm) Today (v 1.1.3), the grenades in ASR, are complicate the life of the player, this is good, but unfortunately this does not look realistic, because once the AI detects the player, through 00000.1 seconds, the player sees flying grenade!  

conclusion:
@Robalo, after any recognition of enemy target, It is necessary to give the small delay for use grenades (can be within 2-5 sec), so in the most cases, let the AI, first will use the primary weapons and only after this throws a hand grenades. Regarding the use of UGL, it still looks decent

I disagree. Barely see any grenade usage. Could be different combination of mods leading to different results. Also, I disagree with most of the other things you're posting in this thread. Sorry.

• Like 2