thank you for update. This update work fine with optional RHS and PRoject opfor or we must wait for new files?

As far as I know the optionals are still good. But I pushed a new RHS config for maximum 0.4.2.2 compatibility :)

• Like 1

Truly awesome update!

Is the Incognito only SP because you're unsure it works in MP? Or is because of potentially OP, i.e. might break misssions?

Also, is there any easy way to enable it in MP?

17 minutes ago, Zakhar aoki said:

What's this ^^^ ? Seems unrelated.

5 minutes ago, domokun said:

Truly awesome update!

Is the Incognito only SP because you're unsure it works in MP? Or is because of potentially OP, i.e. might break misssions?

Also, is there any easy way to enable it in MP?

I'm sure it would break stuff and not function properly and I just did not have the time to touch the MP compatibility for it. I figured I should release it anyway instead of sitting another 6 months on it :)

One thing for example is to ensure compatibility with revive scripts. Also I must make sure the code runs where it should and handle players grouped together.

No easy way to enable, code just exits, does nothing in MP games.

wow Robbie!  excellent!

and Incognito by Rydygier  too

Just now, Robalo said:

I'm sure it would break stuff and not function properly and I just did not have the time to touch the MP compatibility for it. I figured I should release it anyway instead of sitting another 6 months on it :)

One thing for example is to ensure compatibility with revive scripts. Also I must make sure the code runs where it should and handle players grouped together.

No easy way to enable, code just exits, does nothing in MP games.

OK that makes sense.

I must agree that even as far back as MGS I thought that AI should indeed enter an "intermediate" state of surprise where they don't immediately open fire.

Depending on the quality of the troops, some might then open fire, others (better trained might shout at the target to identify themselves), some might even hold fire whilst radioing for help.

Honestly most players go through the very same cycle, i.e. initially blasting anything that moves, to nervous caution, to calm PID-ing.

So any mod that goes in that direction of increased realism and enhanced tension, will prolly improve gameplay.

I hope therefore you find the time in the coming months to analyse the MP-compatibility of Rydygier's code

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

As far as I know the optionals are still good. But I pushed a new RHS config for maximum 0.4.2.2 compatibility :)

Thanks. 
Anyplan for update on Proj. Opfor pbos?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Thanks. 
Anyplan for update on Proj. Opfor pbos?

What is there to update ? Isn't 0.2.3 latest ?

On 4/11/2017 at 10:42 PM, RCANTEC.RyanD said:

Unfortunately disabling the stamina in ace mod has no effect on the  the stamina. @Robalo How can I disable stamina while using ASR AI 3? I have stamina disabled in my script, however asr ai3 overrides it. Appreciate a remedy! 

In version 1.1 you can now set this option: "Stamina system on AI in player's group" to "No change".

On 6/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, tomhighway said:

Issue that doesn't happen in vanilla. AI leader goes hundred(s) of meter(s) in front of other soldiers in his group. Why?

YfRwer4m.jpg

inHkdXcm.jpg

If you happen to pinpoint which setting/feature is causing this I'd be glad to know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WastedMike_ said:

What does the incognito do?

Sorry I forgot to link in my update post, only did in first. Check original thread or here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27496

Basically it prevents enemies from immediately recognizing you as a hostile when your unarmed or driving a vehicle that's friendly to them at a safe distance.

9 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Sorry I forgot to link in my update post, only did in first. Check original thread or here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27496

Basically it prevents enemies from immediately recognizing you as a hostile when your unarmed or driving a vehicle that's friendly to them at a safe distance.

Do I have to do anything to the mission to enable it? or just have it running on the server? Also do clients have to run asr ai to have it work?

it seems the mod is now putting the player in the civilian faction in the campaign now? it didnt do that before it was updated today. being a civilian makes it impossible (as far as i know) to use UAV's or UGV's whether they were BLUEFOR or OPFOR, even if hacked. Any Ideas? I'm not seeing anything in the change list that i think would cause it.

7 hours ago, WastedMike_ said:

Do I have to do anything to the mission to enable it? or just have it running on the server? Also do clients have to run asr ai to have it work?

if you look at the update post you can see that its only for Single Player for now. so having it on the server does nothing. and as always clients running asrai, and take a zeus roll or spawn AI in game will use that client as their owner. so yes a client still needs asrai if they want their AI to utilize the features. same as before... except incognito doesnt work in MP yet... 

Good morning, i have this red dot when i log in thru the mp in game that show the mods thats on my server, i did add the key and the userconfig folder to the server anyone else getting this ? i'm using the steam version.

On 16/06/2017 at 2:46 PM, Robalo said:

It's been too long since last one so here we go: v1.1.0 is up.

Wow, a long list of major changes. Thank you, Rob - ASR_AI has been, and remains, my #1 AI mod pretty much since the first version despite some fairly stiff competition. I very much appreciate your commitment to long-term support.

I look forward to seeing. and contributing to. your PayPal pension supplement fund :P

• Like 2

The optional RHS configs are missing the asr_ai3_rhs_xx_camo_c.pbos, I had to use the old ones as any missions made before the update could not be played due to those missing addons.

Also, do you think whatever Incognito is could be disabled by default? It sets the player to civilian and breaks any missions with triggers for a certain side, I don't want to have to explain to all of my members who make missions that they have to go into their addon options to disable something that wasn't there before just so they could test their missions properly in the editor. 

• Like 3

Hey Robalo,

Ever since I updated to 1.72, I've been having issues with the triggers activated by BLUFOR. None of them worked until I removed the incognito pbo. Other than that, everything seems fine.

On 6/16/2017 at 1:19 PM, Robalo said:

In version 1.1 you can now set this option: "Stamina system on AI in player's group" to "No change".

If you happen to pinpoint which setting/feature is causing this I'd be glad to know.

I will try again soon as I have some time, thank you for the reply!

Hi so i still getting signature Wrong version on the mod, im running the new version, but its showing red on ASR_ai_3 and the cba is green ? In the ingame lunser box

In Front, i love ASR_AI No round without this nice AI mod, good job! Where can i Pledge?

Some Questens to the Skill Settings on Server.

In the Old version i can setup the Range, whre the AI starte to counter Attacks.

Fount in asr_ai_settings.sqf

asr_ai3_main_AD_OUTSIDE= ___;

With the new Settings i can not set this Value.

At the in game Settings (loged in as Admin config/Addons/Server) there is no Setting for this.

In the past i have set the Range to counter at 650m So how can i set this up?

The Value inside the asr_ai_config.sqf is not helpful.  (not the right words, for me they are very abstruse)

What is the difference between general and spotting? (aiming sounds logical, i thing this means who good the AI shoot and hit)

What means the Value between  0.00 - 1 means what?

Percent?  0.8 = 80% chance of spotting? Whats about Ranges ? 80% spotting chance at a target in 5 Miles distance is heavy... but 80% Spotting chance for a target in 2 ft. is a joke :)

Sorry for me Question, I try to understand how to set up a good balanced AI on my dedicated Server. Ai that spots and shoot god, but not goodlike.

I try the search engine inside the Topic, but i the search engine seems to be broken, because it does not find anything (try to search for doStop, there are some posts in the Topic but will not be found....)

So i read this topic backwards some sides but can not find a good Answer.

Thanks for your Work and your help.

PS.: Sry, english is not my main Language, but i hope You can understood.

can you please add option to disable AI granade throwing ?

• Like 1

Minor update to fix a couple of issues:

v1.1.1 changes

[script]
- (mod) fix typo in NVG script (thanks dystopian1 for reporting)
[settings]
- (mod) incognito mode disabled by default. Enable at your own (mission incompatibility) risk.

Sorry it took this long to hot-fix, was away on an island in Greece (not Limnos but much like it) :)

P.S.

Also updated RHS configs to include CfgPatches classes of removed addons, for backward compatibility reasons.

• Like 4

On 24.06.2017 at 9:05 PM, arma131 said:

Hey Robalo,

Ever since I updated to 1.72, I've been having issues with the triggers activated by BLUFOR. None of them worked until I removed the incognito pbo. Other than that, everything seems fine.

I am experiencing the same problems. Which exact file should be deleted? asr_ai3_incognito.pbo ?