9 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

I mean my unit is on a post and watching horizon (combat animation) and when enemy is seen ASR AI3 kicks in and sometimes he decides to move to another location.. I just want to bring him back when all action is finished and let him again play same animation as before.

So how can I understand the background ASR AI3 logic is finished for this unit?

It may not be a script sending the unit away at all.

To be sure you may exclude units from ASR AI scripts completely with setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

But I would like to improve default behavior too so if you think of special cases where units should be prevented from taking certain actions let me know and I'll implement more conditions.

To enumerate cases where this mod may sent units away:

- mounting near weapons

- rearming

- moving to cover

- moving into buildings

I'll revise the conditions and status variables that you can read about these.

On 12/26/2016 at 5:42 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

I have one suggestion for future if you would like to consider :)
Can you send the soldiers back to their original position after they disengage? Maybe even setting back their animations if they had any?

For example, I have a soldier at guard post and I set the watch combat animation. During firefight he leaves his post but after all finished he stays in some other place 

This is IMO one of the biggest AI problems of Arma 3 - once an AI unit acquires a target, it can never let go. If you look at the "reveal" command, you cannot make a unit "forget" about enemy units/players ("knowsAbout" will always be >0), you cannot ever make it go back to SAFE and resume a previous patrol, the engine just doesn't allow it. Or is the state simply stored in an FSM?

Even if you come up with a mix of disableAI commands that work (and I did break the AI completely using it in a specific algorithm, by deadlocking the FSM) and make a unit retreat away from the enemy, the knowledge never disappears and the unit always switches back to AWARE, unable to calmly patrol in SAFE.

Anyway, probably not something ASR AI can fix.

Hey robalo think you can make a config for cup?

10 minutes ago, Coul said:

What do you need CUP units to do that they aren't already doing without a config?

I actually would like to see ASR AI go optional config-less. I know it's easy for me to say as someone who can't code but it would be cool if it just made all the magic happen with RHS and whatnot without having to tinker with copy/pasting files.

1 hour ago, Coul said:

Maybe, some day. Not really on my list of things to do.

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What do you need CUP units to do that they aren't already doing without a config?

I actually would like to see ASR AI go optional config-less. I know it's easy for me to say as someone who can't code but it would be cool if it just made all the magic happen with RHS and whatnot without having to tinker with copy/pasting files.

Not possible. It would mean stripping functionality or alternative implementation via scripting which is usually more demanding on resources. Dunno of which copy/pasting you're referring to ?

• Like 2

I cannot download the optional config files currently, and I am wondering how do I implement them as well?

**Edit - just allowed me to download one of them and I am now running it as an additional server mod - is this correct?

Edited by SpectreG4

15 minutes ago, SpectreG4 said:

I cannot download the optional config files currently, and I am wondering how do I implement them as well?

**Edit - just allowed me to download one of them and I am now running it as an additional server mod - is this correct?

Not just server mods, everyone must run them.

Even if I have the AI only running on the server and an additional headless client? Each client must run the cfg for, say, Spec gear?

3 hours ago, Robalo said:

Not just server mods, everyone must run them.

Hmm..i was having the impression of ONLY the owner of AI (ie server) was needed to run the mod

in a scenario type Group-of-players VS server-guided-enemy.

I was wrong all the time or something has been changed on the road?? ^^

Yes, requirements changed, see FAQ entry #1.

• Like 1

Anyone using ASR AI with Headless Clients? If so how do you handle the config on the HC?

Previously all settings was stored in ...\Userconfig\ASR_AI3\asr_ai3_config.sqf and server and all local HC's got the same settings but since many settings now are stored in the <user>.vars.Arma3Profile that don't work anymore and all HC's gets stock AI.

Any "easy" solution to this dilemma since this great addon is pretty much mandatory :)

/KC

2 minutes ago, KeyCat said:

Anyone using ASR AI with Headless Clients? If so how do you handle the config on the HC?

Previously all settings was stored in ...\Userconfig\ASR_AI3\asr_ai3_config.sqf and server and all local HC's got the same settings but since many settings now are stored in the <user>.vars.Arma3Profile that don't work anymore and all HC's gets stock AI.

Any "easy" solution to this dilemma?

/KC

HC still gets settings from the server regardless of where they are stored.

• Like 1

Just now, Robalo said:

HC still gets settings from the server regardless of where they are stored.

Awesome, didn't know that!

/KC

On 27.12.2016 at 1:43 PM, Robalo said:

It may not be a script sending the unit away at all.

To be sure you may exclude units from ASR AI scripts completely with setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

But I would like to improve default behavior too so if you think of special cases where units should be prevented from taking certain actions let me know and I'll implement more conditions.

To enumerate cases where this mod may sent units away:

- mounting near weapons

- rearming

- moving to cover

- moving into buildings

I'll revise the conditions and status variables that you can read about these.

One case which you might consider is the units who are on high ground. I put a sniper on top of the vanilla green military tower and the guy decides to go down even without enemy around..
High ground means advantage in combat..

@Robalo- is there a wiki/documentation somewhere on settings, possible configuration or API? I've seen you mention

_x setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

as one example of how ASR AI can be turned off. Are there any other options?

Thank you very much.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:56 PM, tomhighway said:

@Robalo- is there a wiki/documentation somewhere on settings, possible configuration or API? I've seen you mention

_x setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

as one example of how ASR AI can be turned off. Are there any other options?

Thank you very much.

I don't have any doc for you, sorry. There isn't much else to set except that plus a bunch of global vars corresponding to each of the settings. Best place to look at is at the source directly.

• Like 1

Robalo one more thing which you might consider if it makes sense for future update. 
Is it possible if you let the soldiers simply RUN away if tank type vehicle is infront of them?
Even the units which has RPG need to take good cover before planning an attack. The units at statics are worse at the moment. They simply wait their death. If statis is not anti armor they should leave the static and run away maybe?

For the next update do you think you can make AT units or any unit with a launcher use it in combat situations?

On 1/9/2017 at 10:05 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Robalo one more thing which you might consider if it makes sense for future update. 
Is it possible if you let the soldiers simply RUN away if tank type vehicle is infront of them?
Even the units which has RPG need to take good cover before planning an attack. The units at statics are worse at the moment. They simply wait their death. If statis is not anti armor they should leave the static and run away maybe?

I'll consider it when I tackle fleeing/surrendering.

1 hour ago, Coul said:

For the next update do you think you can make AT units or any unit with a launcher use it in combat situations?

Besides pointing it and shooting at the enemy, how else should they use it ?!

On 1/14/2017 at 3:42 PM, Coul said:

wow - they fire rockets at me every time I even think about getting in a vehicle, lol

Love this AI mod - great work Robaldo :)

• Like 1

I think ASR is in conflict with most garrison command from other mods like ares & ace & mcc. When it starts shooting, people in buildings & guard tower are all moving around. Even the sniper on the roof.. Sometime it's hard to keep everything under control. For me it's the only anoying part of this mod. It would be great to have some basic ASR waypoints.  

- garrison buildings ( units get in position in the building. They aren't included in the reinforcements )

- patrol buildings ( units are moving from a building position to another position in the same building)

- patrol compound (units are patrolling randomly from position in building to position in the yard and to position in near by building.

- patrol ( outside )

-QRF ? Staged in a building waiting for a call or attack on the compound? 

In anycase when the fire fight start guard tower are staying mounted, spare units patrolling move to battle & defend the location. 

A module to exclude units would also be Great instead of pasting variables in every units. All synched units are excluded) 

• Like 3

On 16. 1. 2017 at 4:45 AM, O.Languedoc said:

I think ASR is in conflict with most garrison command from other mods like ares & ace & mcc. When it starts shooting, people in buildings & guard tower are all moving around. Even the sniper on the roof.. Sometime it's hard to keep everything under control. For me it's the only anoying part of this mod. It would be great to have some basic ASR waypoints. 

There are at least two ways to keep units on the spot, forceSpeed 0 or disableAI "PATH". The former is much older, so it was/is used by various garrisoning scripts. Both seem to work fine with the latest ASR AI.

A bigger problem is what I call "capturing a base, the ASR AI way",

1. have a fully occupied base, with patrols, waypoints, etc.
  2. go on a nearby hill
  3. shoot a few bullets at the base
  4. retreat, loop around the base
  5. wait 20-30 minutes
  6. walk into an empty base

Where vanilla AI mostly stays in formations where you last put them, ASR AI is much more aggressive in pursuing the threat, splitting squads and running away from waypoints. I don't know what would "fix" it though, maybe some checking for GUARD waypoint type? Or whether a group has a set WP loop (CYCLE)? The squad splitting is also an issue, because it makes ie. a squad of 10 players encounter the enemies one-by-one, not presenting much challenge.

Despite that, the positives still outweigh the above (for me).

• Like 4

Why does that happen? I thought ASR AI only suppose to move AI around if they have no predefined waypoints?