Thx for the updated version. Will try it out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

FYI,

What's the consensus on default AI Skill level presets for using this?

I currently have my server set at skill AI of 0.69  and precision AI at 0.25.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

FYI,

What's the consensus on default AI Skill level presets for using this?

I currently have my server set at skill AI of 0.69  and precision AI at 0.25.  Thoughts?

There is no consensus. But read change notes. 0.7 and 0.5 is what I prefer for regular difficulty.

Thx for the update.

Questions :

1-Is there a way to make unit garrison at mission start and protect a building while using ASR-AI? I have to garrison them manually at mission start with Zeus but they still go nuts at some point when under fire and leave the building.

2-Did anybody made CUP UNITS config for this mod?

Cheers.

How does the camouflage thing react to unsupported gear from other mods?

• Like 1

How does the camouflage thing react to unsupported gear from other mods?

1. Best case: supported unit with supported gear -> ok (vanilla / rhs / bwmod)

2. supported unit with unsupported gear

Unit has base camo value 2, unsupported gear gives coefficient of 1 -> camo final is 2, which isn't that great

3. unsupported unit with supported gear

Unit has base camo less that 2 usually, with camo coeff from supported gear, resulting camo is smaller that it should be which is not ideal.

It depends how the other mods set up class inheritance too, if they inherit from a base class, they don't get asr camo coeff values, if they inherit from usable piece of vanilla equipment, they do so they're indirectly supported.

Debug option for camo helps here. Camo configs are easy to set up too, I will try to set up support for more mods when I can find the time.

So I gotta congratulate you the new update is amazing i love how the new ai keeps moving and acts realisticly and such its really great and all but there's this bug me and my friends encountered when using asr ai 3 and rhs, some units will move a bit stand still go prone look at the sky and repeat this process when the unit they're fighting is inside a building

On 06/12/2016 at 4:12 PM, Robalo said:

I will try to set up support for more mods when I can find the time.

It's not your job, that should be provided througth optional pbo from other mod makers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coul said:

So I gotta congratulate you the new update is amazing i love how the new ai keeps moving and acts realisticly and such its really great and all but there's this bug me and my friends encountered when using asr ai 3 and rhs, some units will move a bit stand still go prone look at the sky and repeat this process when the unit they're fighting is inside a building

Thanks. About the weird behavior, I have no idea, haven't noticed anything like that. Was there some aircraft flying around ? Or maybe their skills were set too low.

2 hours ago, zgmrvn said:

It's not your job, that should be provided througth optional pbo from other mod makers

Yeah, I'm providing a few good examples for them to learn how to do it though. Speaking of which, I should post what I already sent to someone in private about the camo config system:

The camo system is quite young but it's simple too. Be advised it may get more advanced in time provided I can implement some ideas in an efficient way.

Camo config sources are up to date here: https://github.com/robalo/mods/tree/master/asr_ai3/addons/cfgcamouflage

The macros used are here: https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/script_camo.hpp

I used exactly the same macros for third party mod configs.

The uniform camo macros are made of top and bottom pieces.

Camo means any camouflage.

Mono means monocolor but something that still provides decent camo like olive drab, brown, khaki etc.

Dark means black.

Snow ...whatever works for winter terrain but not anywhere else.

All the rest is color.

Not that night and snow values are not used yet, just there in case I manage to develop this more. Like dark clothes to give better camo at night or snow clothes better camo on winter maps etc.

• Like 1

What about an environment based camo efficiency ? Something like :

class CfgWeapons {
	// a uniform
    class B_U_mcam {
        class CamoEfficiency {
            // a set of the main environnements
            arid = 0;
            tropic = 0.8;
            snow = 0;
        };
    };
};

class CfgWorlds {
	class Altis {
		class Environment {
			arid = 0.5;
			tropic = 0;
			snow = 0;
		};
	};

class Tanoa {
		class Environment {
			arrid = 0;
			tropic = 1;
			snow = 0;
		};
	};
};

Maybe too heavy to handle.

• Like 1

So I use asr when I'm Not using alive is there a special option when I'm using alive to turn asr off?

3 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

So I use asr when I'm Not using alive is there a special option when I'm using alive to turn asr off?

Huh? I'm really not sure how ALiVE and ASR AI are related? ALiVE is not an AI mod. If you want to turn ASR AI off, just don't launch it in your mods list. And FYI, ALiVE and ASR AI are fully compatible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Huh? I'm really not sure how ALiVE and ASR AI are related? ALiVE is not an AI mod. If you want to turn ASR AI off, just don't launch it in your mods list. And FYI, ALiVE and ASR AI are fully compatible.

That is awesome I thought Alive was an AI enhancement as well well my question was answered  thanks man

Hey Robalo, could you advise which of the vanilla units is classed as SF1 and SF2? In the editor under Special Forces they all show up as Recon or Divers, both of which are described in ASR AI as SF2.

I want to select an SF1 class unit to get the correct abilities/stats and then use Arsenal to re-dress him with modded gear.

Thanks.

On 12/13/2016 at 6:54 PM, zgmrvn said:

What about an environment based camo efficiency ? Something like :

class CfgWeapons {
	// a uniform
    class B_U_mcam {
        class CamoEfficiency {
            // a set of the main environnements
            arid = 0;
            tropic = 0.8;
            snow = 0;
        };
    };
};

class CfgWorlds {
	class Altis {
		class Environment {
			arid = 0.5;
			tropic = 0;
			snow = 0;
		};
	};

class Tanoa {
		class Environment {
			arrid = 0;
			tropic = 1;
			snow = 0;
		};
	};
};

Maybe too heavy to handle.

Maybe we'll get there. But even nicer would be to automatically detect the environment type. And some kind of EH to make use of. One can dream ... :)

21 hours ago, munger said:

Hey Robalo, could you advise which of the vanilla units is classed as SF1 and SF2? In the editor under Special Forces they all show up as Recon or Divers, both of which are described in ASR AI as SF2.

I want to select an SF1 class unit to get the correct abilities/stats and then use Arsenal to re-dress him with modded gear.

Thanks.

CTRG and Viper are level 1

Recon units, divers and spotters are level 2

On 12/13/2016 at 8:26 AM, Robalo said:

Thanks. About the weird behavior, I have no idea, haven't noticed anything like that. Was there some aircraft flying around ? Or maybe their skills were set too low.

So Thanks for the reply i figured it out i was using the outdated config for rhs units with the new config i haven't noticed that issue and the ai is now acting even better. at one point i've seen an russian using a balcony and i have to admit its incredible that you've programmed that kind of behavior.

Hey I just played couple of the showcase mission with ASR AI (pooters version) along with my own tweaks for separate AI sup skills. Man its so different now. The AI is very aggressive and responsive, the Armed assault showcase was a total blast with AI using static weapons, tanks charging and overall it was really action packed. My favourite moment when I tried out the Combined arms and my side just went right for the base and run face first into the enemy, a CQC ensued, it was just great.

• Like 1

Anyone else suffering from amazing AI accuracy and frequency of grenades, lol  I am not complaining but wondering if there is a value somewhere that I can adjust to tone down this situation - many thanx.

Hi Robalo,

I have one suggestion for future if you would like to consider :)
Can you send the soldiers back to their original position after they disengage? Maybe even setting back their animations if they had any?

For example, I have a soldier at guard post and I set the watch combat animation. During firefight he leaves his post but after all finished he stays in some other place 

19 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

I have one suggestion for future if you would like to consider :)
Can you send the soldiers back to their original position after they disengage? Maybe even setting back their animations if they had any?

For example, I have a soldier at guard post and I set the watch combat animation. During firefight he leaves his post but after all finished he stays in some other place 

Just think about the implementation. Somehow save that state for each unit then track them to see when to reset them. Doesn't seem worth the trouble, should be handled by mission maker instead.

ok but do you have any idea how can I find out ASR AI3 code is finished by unit so I can bring him back to original position and assign original animation or task ? :/

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

ok but do you have any idea how can I find out ASR AI3 code is finished by unit so I can bring him back to original position and assign original animation or task ? :/

Which code ?

I mean my unit is on a post and watching horizon (combat animation) and when enemy is seen ASR AI3 kicks in and sometimes he decides to move to another location.. I just want to bring him back when all action is finished and let him again play same animation as before.

So how can I understand the background ASR AI3 logic is finished for this unit?