Be prepared. They will shoot if they detect you and it will be several rounds that are really accurate.

I use the FFE script mentioned above make sure the mortar is some place he has no line of sight out of.

If you use it with ALIVE the mortar unit has to be spawned in for it to fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a guide somewhere how to write my own configs if I create a faction with ORBAT for example? 

Meaning: ASR configs.

Is there a guide somewhere how to write my own configs if I create a faction with ORBAT for example? 

Meaning: ASR configs.

In the the asr_ai3 folder inside the userconfig folder just edit the asr_ai3_config.sqf. Add your faction to the asr_ai3_main_factions array:

["your_faction",1],

The number is the multiplier for the skill level. Default coefficient for unlisted factions is 1, meaning no change.

Note that all entries must have a comma after them except the last entry or it throws an error!

Hi Robalo,
one suggestion :)
The setup to join groups after a threshold is not much used as far as I feel. Reason is, small groups which lost a single unit might try to join another one althought it is ok.
What about introducing two attributes at group level which overwrites the usual setup either by

- Disables the join functionality of this group into another group (i.e. I don't want my sentry group to join another group )

- Disables the join from another group into this specific one  (i.e. I don't want a fireteam to join my sentry group)

What do you think?

Thank you for your answer. But I meant: How do I make sure that the guy I gave the RPG to uses it ;). How do I define all the beautiful data that ASR needs to understand, what kind of unit he's handling?

In the the asr_ai3 folder inside the userconfig folder just edit the asr_ai3_config.sqf. Add your faction to the asr_ai3_main_factions array:

["your_faction",1],

The number is the multiplier for the skill level. Default coefficient for unlisted factions is 1, meaning no change.

Note that all entries must have a comma after them except the last entry or it throws an error!

the guy will use the rpg if there a vehicle around, or did it not happen? I don't think that you need to make any setup for that.

Thank you for your answer. But I meant: How do I make sure that the guy I gave the RPG to uses it ;). How do I define all the beautiful data that ASR needs to understand, what kind of unit he's handling?

I don't think ASR_AI works that way (I may be wrong) as it's more about the AI using cover and flanking as well as adjusting aiming and shooting and other skills.

If your using ORBAT and your RPG guy isn't using his RPG! You might have to go back and create him by inheriting from an existing AT or LAT character to get the proper characteristics. Although I thought you could put a RPG on any character and he'd use it??

Hey guys,

I'm using ASR on an Alive Server. The faction LOP_AM from Project Opfor is never ever using the RPGs or grenades. Ideas?

They use weapons from RHS. Do you have the optional RHS configs (links in forst post) ?

If that were the case, this reply from Robalo earlier on wouldn't make any sense.

FWIW, Project OPFOR (so meaning, RHS inherited units) don't shoot RPG's or use smoke from I've seen with ASR AI either. Only since going back to vanilla AI have I seen these guys use their tools.

I certainly don't consider myself an expert on this so I stand to be corrected, but using Project OPFOR/RHS, I'm much happier with vanilla AI than ASR. Not that ASR isn't miles better (it is) but units don't seem to use their tools by default with the mod. Not from what I can see (again, willing to be proven wrong. I'm not an expert on this).

hmm good catch.
In that case depbo those optional files to see how RHS is handled by Robalo and do the same for your own requirement :)

hmm good catch.

In that case depbo those optional files to see how RHS is handled by Robalo and do the same for your own requirement :)

Good idea! But I failed... after dePBOing I tried cfgconvert and it did... nothing. checked a million ways including checking all possible access rights problems, path problems, whatever. Ideas?

Edit: cfgconvert -bin -dst config.bin test.cpp (in the correct path and everything)

Get mikeros tools if you want to start playing with mods. Double click on the pbo and itll unpack and de binarise the configs.

FWIW, Project OPFOR (so meaning, RHS inherited units) don't shoot RPG's or use smoke from I've seen with ASR AI either. Only since going back to vanilla AI have I seen these guys use their tools.

This is incorrect.  Our current campaign on our server is using Project Opfor Takistani Army as our Opfor.  They most definitely do use RPGs, and throw grenades as I've been blown up many times by both.

We are using the base ASR AI configs as well..no optional RHS pbos are active.

• Like 1

Question about TPWCAS and ASR AI interoperability. There's a setting in ASR AI to make units fall when hit. I think TPWCAS does that as well, so should we disable the feature on ASR AI when using TPWCAS?

Question about TPWCAS and ASR AI interoperability. There's a setting in ASR AI to make units fall when hit. I think TPWCAS does that as well, so should we disable the feature on ASR AI when using TPWCAS?

no , just leave them active. i do not think tpwcas actually has a fall animation when someone is hit. ill check again but i think i removed the side prone anims... i use them on my server and i have NOT noticed any weird behavior because of it.

• Like 1

Is it possible that ASR_AI is causing the Syndicate Faction to have certain weapons not be heard?  I think its the AK's - they all sound like they are now surpassed (I only hear bullet impact sounds).

I am NOT using any sound mods.

Thanx.

About the non-usage of RPGs:

I could confirm after a lot of testing that AI won't use RPGs on "unarmored" vehicles like the RHS HMMWVs from RHS or the new Buggy. Can anyone give me a hint in which direction to search for a fix?

maybe it is checking if  

object isKindOf "Tank"

to use RPGs?
If you know how, try to overwrite the CfgVehicles type of HMMWV into Tank (no idea what can be the side effects) to see if they will decide to use RPG :)

Hi Robalo,

one suggestion :)

The setup to join groups after a threshold is not much used as far as I feel. Reason is, small groups which lost a single unit might try to join another one althought it is ok.

What about introducing two attributes at group level which overwrites the usual setup either by

- Disables the join functionality of this group into another group (i.e. I don't want my sentry group to join another group )

- Disables the join from another group into this specific one  (i.e. I don't want a fireteam to join my sentry group)

What do you think?

This is a minor feature. The basic idea behind it was that several loners are way less of a threat compared to when they're working as a group.

I'm leaning more towards removing it altogether since we also have inter-group info sharing which helps awareness.

I certainly don't consider myself an expert on this so I stand to be corrected, but using Project OPFOR/RHS, I'm much happier with vanilla AI than ASR. Not that ASR isn't miles better (it is) but units don't seem to use their tools by default with the mod.

I would like to see some evidence to this, basic repro scenario would do.

Not in TPWCAS but in TPW mods there's the fall feature. If that's present, the one in ASR AI will be skipped.

Is it possible that ASR_AI is causing the Syndicate Faction to have certain weapons not be heard?  I think its the AK's - they all sound like they are now surpassed (I only hear bullet impact sounds).

Thanx.

Can you tell which weapons exactly ? Can you reproduce as player ? I'll double-check the fire modes but I'm suspecting conflict with another mod.

About the non-usage of RPGs:

I could confirm after a lot of testing that AI won't use RPGs on "unarmored" vehicles like the RHS HMMWVs from RHS or the new Buggy. Can anyone give me a hint in which direction to search for a fix?

maybe it is checking if  

object isKindOf "Tank"

to use RPGs?

If you know how, try to overwrite the CfgVehicles type of HMMWV into Tank (no idea what can be the side effects) to see if they will decide to use RPG :)

There is no scripted usage of RPGs in the mod. It's rather a matter of weapon vs. threat cost in the configs, which this mod does not alter. With more detail about this, a repro scenario, I can attempt a fix.

Robalo, Mech and I, I believe, are referring to the same behavior with Project OPFOR/RHS RPG's, etc.

I'll defer to him on this since it seems he's been investigating this closely. Mech, I can help you with a repro if you want so let me know.

Is it possible that ASR_AI is causing the Syndicate Faction to have certain weapons not be heard? I think its the AK's - they all sound like they are now surpassed (I only hear bullet impact sounds).

Thanx.

Im 90% sure this happens when you use the additional ASR RHS compatibility pbos. U running them?

The logic behind that is that after lots of testing a few months ago i can confirm that the rhs pbos were causing this issue when running robert hammers pistol pack (none of those pistols had any sound)

The configs got updated so we started running them again, then i noticed the same issue except with rhs AKs. Removed the rhs pbos and havent seen the bug since.

Im 90% sure this happens when you use the additional ASR RHS compatibility pbos. U running them?

The logic behind that is that after lots of testing a few months ago i can confirm that the rhs pbos were causing this issue when running robert hammers pistol pack (none of those pistols had any sound)

The configs got updated so we started running them again, then i noticed the same issue except with rhs AKs. Removed the rhs pbos and havent seen the bug since.

Syndikat faction does not use RHS weapons. Compat pbos would be problematic if they were made for a different version. I'm guessing that was the case. Otherwise I'd like to know if you found a bug, would try to reproduce and fix then.

I'm (obviously) using all RHS mods and my stuff on top of it and had I ever encountered issues like described, I would've fixed them quicky. This is why I'm never able to finish a mission, I always find some little thing that seems off and it's nagging me so I go tweak or fix that, then start over.

I spent this evening modifying AT guys equipment and trying to run them over on the airfield with different vehicles.

Result: AI hates using RPG7 and RPG7V2. I used RHS (US and AFRF), ASR, CBA.  

Laboratory: Go into Eden and place a few dozen AT guys on the Stratis Airfield. Group them. Place yourself as driver in an armed HUMMWV for example and go! With Titan launchers for example they seem to shoot at you once they even see you. With some launchers they grab the launcher when you race at them at ~10m distance. With both RPG variants they just grab it once you are a few cm in front of them and then put it away again.

With and without ASR.

I spent this evening modifying AT guys equipment and trying to run them over on the airfield with different vehicles.

Result: AI hates using RPG7 and RPG7V2. I used RHS (US and AFRF), ASR, CBA.  

Laboratory: Go into Eden and place a few dozen AT guys on the Stratis Airfield. Group them. Place yourself as driver in an armed HUMMWV for example and go! With Titan launchers for example they seem to shoot at you once they even see you. With some launchers they grab the launcher when you race at them at ~10m distance. With both RPG variants they just grab it once you are a few cm in front of them and then put it away again.

With and without ASR.

Interesting. Perhaps report this to the RHS team then so they can decide whether this is intended behavior? I mean I guess considering you ruled out ASR AI on this, I'd say the RHS devs may be a good place to start if I'm understanding your post properly.

@robalo, if i can also suggest an idea or two, as far as the single unit joining another group. 

maybe not get rid of it but make it a bit more selective. 

maybe it could work as such:

a group gets twiddled down to one man and he manages to flee or survive long enough.

a few checks before they were joined to another group could be could be

1)distance, if there is a group close to join?

2)if there is a group near by are they the same military branch (like Devastator said you dont want to have a reg rifleman join a recon squad or a sniper team.)

4)is the group full IE no casualties, 

5)if the group had casualties then there is room to join (larger AI groups dont perform very well imho)

6)check rank of units in group if rank of joining member is highest making them leader.

7)maybe a check to see if the the unit was placed as a single unit. if so do not run the Joining script. (IE if i place down a few singled out units it seems like they join up into a group. even though i want them to be solo.  i have seen this happen before but not recently maybe its already taken care of.)

i honestly never like to hear about features dissipating. :( makes me a sad panda but you do what you will. :)

PS. is there any way to add in the ability for a Player, to broadcast the pos of an Enemy, to an AI leader with in "Radio Range"?

IE, your AI to AI radio but with people to AI.. do you think there is a way?

maybe use like a default key value like reveal target or lock target. and if a player has his cursertarget on a enemy unit, and hits the reveal target / lock target key, (as with the AI to AI radio knowledge sharing already built into asrai.) with in the set time with in the asrai config panel broadcast with in the Defined radio range set with in the asrai config panel. to all friendly group leaders. Utilize a low knowsAbout number maybe or what have you ... and maybe, another idea, maybe, have it so i can send multiple broadcasts. but would have to wait a cool down time. and thus increasing the friendly Ai group leaders knowledge of that Enemy?? 

im just thinking utilizing your already fleshed out system for alerting AI with other AI the whereabouts of enemy. there has to be a simple way, utilizing some basic bis functions to broadcast the pos of enemy to friendly AI squad leaders nearby. a basic broadcast from players to local group leaders of a focused enemy target. a low knowladge value as to not make it OP. but nothing to crazy to ad more micro. 

i know you can place commander and Sub. modules. but i was thinking just basic, and stuff thats already a part of asrai