Maybe I should ask this in a more general subforum, but since I have ASR, I'll do it here, how do I prevent (some of) my AI units from looking in the wrong direction while in middle of a fight?

For example I make a simple move waypoint and a squad only has to move&fight 100 meters in front, no obstacles, no hills, nothing, the enemy (who is 100 meters away and easy to spot) is shooting at them and most of my soldiers are fighting back as they should, but then some as.hat from my squad decides to look somewhere in the right or left direction, instead of in front where the enemy is located.

When I enter the spectator mode and enter the ,,1.st person" viewpoint of that soldier, it shows that he has the enemy marked as the ,,target", so he knows where the enemy is, the bullets are flying around him and yet he decides to look at some pointless direction and stare there for 10, 20 seconds for no reason, he moves his gun a little, so I guess that he is scanning, but he already knows where the enemy is and still he does that stupid thing.

So what waypoint, asr, difficulty,etc. settings should I use to combat this? I am almost a total noob, so the more detail, the better. Also while I'm at it, what waypoints to use for a mechanized squad? I want a BMP to enter a village and drive through a big street, with a infantry squad around it, but the BMP just decides to either not even drive into the village or just to drive around backyards, turn around at random places and do anything except shoot at the enemy.

Hi Robalo. Would it be possible to make it so grouped AI units with medical equipment on their person (such as a FAK) heal themselves while in a combat aware state? This has been nagging me for quite some time now, but then I remembered you are a genius and it's worth at least me asking how possible this is.

As it stands, grouped AI will not heal themselves whatsoever when hurt in battle. With 100% reproducibility they will continue to fight until I either use the "heal yourself" command (which BIS should remove from the game, honestly), or they'll just bleed out and die.

What are the chances this could be addressed at all. It's honestly kind of killing my enjoyment of the game.

What I'll do is make a vanilla non-ASR AI repro test and open a ticket if it's consistent with vanilla behavior. I haven't used vanilla on quite some time so I'll have to see if this is a game thing, or an ASR AI thing.

Hi Robalo. Would it be possible to make it so grouped AI units with medical equipment on their person (such as a FAK) heal themselves while in a combat aware state? This has been nagging me for quite some time now, but then I remembered you are a genius and it's worth at least me asking how possible this is.

As it stands, grouped AI will not heal themselves whatsoever when hurt in battle. With 100% reproducibility they will continue to fight until I either use the "heal yourself" command (which BIS should remove from the game, honestly), or they'll just bleed out and die.

What are the chances this could be addressed at all. It's honestly kind of killing my enjoyment of the game.

What I'll do is make a vanilla non-ASR AI repro test and open a ticket if it's consistent with vanilla behavior. I haven't used vanilla on quite some time so I'll have to see if this is a game thing, or an ASR AI thing.

I think it's doable but there are ups and downs about this which makes it tricky. Should a unit start healing itself during a firefight ? I think not.

If you say bleeding which isn't a vanilla thing that suggests some medical system is in place. Then the feature should be handled by that system.

But yeah, if I can figure out correct conditions and actions that should be taken I might do something about it. Will think of something. But first I have to find out who got Lucille'd.

• Like 1

I think it's doable but there are ups and downs about this which makes it tricky. Should a unit start healing itself during a firefight ? I think not.

If you say bleeding which isn't a vanilla thing that suggests some medical system is in place. Then the feature should be handled by that system.

But yeah, if I can figure out correct conditions and actions that should be taken I might do something about it. Will think of something. But first I have to find out who got Lucille'd.

I don't use any medical mods. Just your typical units/factions mods and good ole ASR AI. I don't use ACE or anything like that. Sorry if my term 'bleed out' is not accurate. It's just that they remain hurt and then inevitably die so I apologize if I'm not seeing the full picture or cause here.

Although I agree it may feel counterintuitive for a unit to heal during conflict, I think that they should when death is imminent. The alternative is that they just die and/or become combat ineffective if I don't use the "heal yourself" command.

And here's the problem with the heal yourself command. When in combat, the unit icons turn orange. Imagine a scenario where it's me and 7 friendly AI. The issue is, it's compounded by the fact that I can never tell which unit to command to heal, because their icon never turns a solid red when in a combat aware state. So this leave me as the human leader, in the midst of combat, having to press the Fkey + 6, seven times, to ensure all of my units patch themselves up. It's not as easy as just doing it for the one hurt guy, because there's no indicator to tell me who's hurt (did BIS break the red icon when in combat recently? I swear a few months ago, it would turn red when they were hurt even when engaged).

Anyway, my firefights usually take several minutes. Sometimes when my missions are in their groove, I can have constant engagements last upwards of 60 minutes.

As it stands, this can mean that my units will be combat aware for upwards of an hour and they will never ever patch themselves up. I just feel like at some point, when death is imminent or they are too hurt to defend themselves properly, it should take priority over returning fire.

I appreciate you at least giving this some thought. Regardless of what you do that gives me some comfort. I played real heavy last week tinkering my missions to best utilize your mod, but this aspect and is making the game borderline unplayable. As much fun as I'm having, it's no fun being the last man standing all the time. Whatever sensible changes you might decide to make or not make, I'll appreciate it regardless.

Hey Robalo,

I haven't played in a while and updated your mod from v9.31 to v9.34, before I played.
Now I get error-messages as soon as AI starts to Fight the Enemy.

I deleted the whole Mod and reinstalled it with v9.34, but still I get the same errors.
Do you know what they're caused by?

I made some screenshots:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/iac2dyx6_jpg.htm
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/ra73n5t7_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/wqvkiinp_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/wjm2dcpj_jpg.htm

Thanks so far :)

Hey Robalo,

I haven't played in a while and updated your mod from v9.31 to v9.34, before I played.

Now I get error-messages as soon as AI starts to Fight the Enemy.

I deleted the whole Mod and reinstalled it with v9.34, but still I get the same errors.

Do you know what they're caused by?

I made some screenshots:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/iac2dyx6_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/ra73n5t7_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/wqvkiinp_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4518/wjm2dcpj_jpg.htm

Thanks so far :)

Need RPT but guessing CBA is missing there. Make sure you have latest.

Need RPT but guessing CBA is missing there. Make sure you have latest.

Thank you for your quick reply!

It was CBA -.-

• Like 1

Yo Robalo, Generally I would like to ask you for help and ask you two basic questions what is needed to configure skills for specific soldiers in my addon and how do you propose to balance it?

Yo Robalo, Generally I would like to ask you for help and ask you two basic questions what is needed to configure skills for specific soldiers in my addon and how do you propose to balance it?

Hi, if you take a look of my configs for vanilla units and weapons or the extra AI configs I did for RHS mods you should get an idea. For more specific setup I'd have to look at your mod's configs.

Do you keep the sources uploaded somewhere ? Feel free to pm me.

• Like 3

Hi Robalo,

I am using ACE3 together with your mod and noticed something which you might consider to tune maybe.
When crew disembarks after a hit they go prone next to it. In some cases it is fine as they are trying to protect themselves. Issue is when ACE3 cook off kicks in. In that case there are several seconds until vehicle explodes. If the crew stays in prone next to vehicle they die eventually after explosion happens due to cook off.

Maybe you can force them to run away if cook off starts? I am not sure how to check or whether it is possible to check cook off though..

Hi Robalo,

I am using ACE3 together with your mod and noticed something which you might consider to tune maybe.

When crew disembarks after a hit they go prone next to it. In some cases it is fine as they are trying to protect themselves. Issue is when ACE3 cook off kicks in. In that case there are several seconds until vehicle explodes. If the crew stays in prone next to vehicle they die eventually after explosion happens due to cook off.

Maybe you can force them to run away if cook off starts? I am not sure how to check or whether it is possible to check cook off though..

Let them burn...

Okay I can have them not use it for cover if it's cooking off.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm using ASR on an Alive Server. The faction LOP_AM from Project Opfor is never ever using the RPGs or grenades. Ideas?

Hey guys,

I'm using ASR on an Alive Server. The faction LOP_AM from Project Opfor is never ever using the RPGs or grenades. Ideas?

They use weapons from RHS. Do you have the optional RHS configs (links in forst post) ?

Interesting. I've never noticed RHS dependent units not using these things but now that he mentions it I can't say I've seen them use these items either...

I'd like to give these configs a shot. Could you explain offhand how to install these? Would I pack them up and make my own mod? Or just add the PBO's to the ASR AI Addons folder and let the mod do the rest? Or do I have to edit the userconfig and start using -filePatching?

They use weapons from RHS. Do you have the optional RHS configs (links in forst post) ?

Yes, it's loaded.

asr_ai3_rhs_ru_c.pbo

asr_ai3_rhs_us_c.pbo

How can I use the debug options of the mod Robalo?
I set them on but no idea how to check the ASRAI skill of the unit :(

One more thing, any idea why some soldiers are holstering their rifles but using their guns?

One more thing, any idea why some soldiers are holstering their rifles but using their guns?

I noticed that too, there seems to be a lot more pistol usage than you would expect.

I noticed that too, there seems to be a lot more pistol usage than you would expect.

Do you know what weapons exactly were the units carrying ?

I just put CSAT Recon team vs NATO Fireteam and both sides had someone with pistol
FYI, I have several mods up and running in addition to ASRAI, i.e. RHS, ACE, etc.

I just put CSAT Recon team vs NATO Fireteam and both sides had someone with pistol

FYI, I have several mods up and running in addition to ASRAI, i.e. RHS, ACE, etc.

Tried this, didn't see any pistols, can't reproduce.

Interesting. I've never noticed RHS dependent units not using these things but now that he mentions it I can't say I've seen them use these items either...

I'd like to give these configs a shot. Could you explain offhand how to install these? Would I pack them up and make my own mod? Or just add the PBO's to the ASR AI Addons folder and let the mod do the rest? Or do I have to edit the userconfig and start using -filePatching?

Just put them into a mod folder. Example: @ASR_AI_XTRAS\addons\pbofileshere

Debug info goes into the RPT files.