Robalo love the mod, question regarding AI skill. I see you do everything now in the game instead of with the userconfig. Just wondering if I want to lower AI accuracy, do I have to uncheck "AI Skills Reconfigured" and sacrifice the other changes you've made? I like to lower it a bit to extend the length of firefights, especially at distance. Wondering if changing AI aiming and aiming shake in the difficulty settings will work?

Most, but not all settings are in game. You still have a few in <arma3>\userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_config.sqf

Oh duh, oops!

Also a another thing I've noticed is that even if I select the "don't seek cover" option, the AI still generally fail to follow waypoints once in contact. So if they're supposed to flank or something, they'll just stop.

Update: v0.9.33
- fix bug in finding cover which could get groups stuck in place
- shot hearing and radioing range defaults decreased a bit
- units slightly harder to be heard and spot at night
- fire rate for semi auto slightly increased
- aiming speed and spotting increased back by a little
- disable goofy hand signals if laying down when enemy detected
- go prone when engaging distant units and there is no cover
- minor code optimisation

Enjoy ! :soldier:

• Like 7

what settings I must apply to order any (regular shooter>insurgent>AT e.t.c ) AI to  kill enemy at 1.5 km?

Now ,AI see and tell by radio protocol they see enemy. But  they don`t shoot. Even when I put crosshair at enemy and order to atack. No matter which weapon and optics.

skill and aiming 1 in default game.

Only Sniper unit can atack enemy at distance more 1km

I meant what setting I must use to make AI engage enemy at distance more 1km but leave their aiming by defult (more human like with dispertion like in your default settings)

what settings I must apply to order any (regular shooter>insurgent>AT e.t.c ) AI to  kill enemy at 1.5 km?

Now ,AI see and tell by radio protocol they see enemy. But  they don`t shoot. Even when I put crosshair at enemy and order to atack. No matter which weapon and optics.

skill and aiming 1 in default game.

Only Sniper unit can atack enemy at distance more 1km

I meant what setting I must use to make AI engage enemy at distance more 1km but leave their aiming by defult (more human like with dispertion like in your default settings)

There is no setting, only equip AI with capable weapon. Use long weapons, machineguns with optics or heavier static or vehicle mounted weapons.

even AI with machinegun with .338 LM and lprs optic can`t engage enemy at distance more 800m.they  Aim at enemy and wait and wait .

There is no setting, only equip AI with capable weapon. Use long weapons, machineguns with optics or heavier static or vehicle mounted weapons.

then it is vanilla arma3 limitation. only sniper have a steel balls to shoot over 800m :D

I've achieved units firing at me from over 1km with doSuppressiveFire command, check it out.

What is it that causes AI to decide to use RPGs against infantry? Just curious.

Sometimes I see them pull it out and use it on something thats not a tank, but its not very often. 

I personally would love to see them use them against clustered groups of infantry, but i dont think it works that way. 

What is it that causes AI to decide to use RPGs against infantry? Just curious.

Sometimes I see them pull it out and use it on something thats not a tank, but its not very often. 

I personally would love to see them use them against clustered groups of infantry, but i dont think it works that way. 

If memory serves, it's based in the config of the ammunition, using allowagainstinfantry and the cost-gain balance.

This is one of the newer ways the devs are trying to manage it.

• Like 1

The outdated config files for RHS is needed in this version?

Huh, what makes you think they're outdated ? They're made for 0.4.1.1 and the file name indicates that.

I'd use them.

I've achieved units firing at me from over 1km with doSuppressiveFire command, check it out.

you mean vanilla arma3 suppression comand via radio? It is not work for me at distance over 800m

Nope, I've made it into a script, I can send it to you via PM.

• Like 1

even AI with machinegun with .338 LM and lprs optic can`t engage enemy at distance more 800m.they  Aim at enemy and wait and wait .

then it is vanilla arma3 limitation. only sniper have a steel balls to shoot over 800m :D

It has nothing to do with the metallurgy of your spheres but rather what is inside your head.

Shooting at 800+ m with a standard service rifle is an exercise in futility, i.e. a great way to waste time and ammunition.

That is why, is many units, at least 1 member has a longer range weapon but most don't.

Honestly, snipers are WAY too opular among nerds because of the media and CoD.

In reality, they are very rare.

Most engagements occur at ranges of <500m:

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA512331

RoE often requires that troops ID a target before opening fire.

Also terrain plays a huge part, e.g. in desert ranges can reach 800m, in mountains even more, but in most cases it's 300-500 and in urban enviroments, it's way less 25-100m.

• Like 1

I know that it is not aimed fire. But these are the conditions of war. In reality 90 % of shoots is suppressive role.  I myself went through it.  and you can see the combat video on YouTube. Most of the time soldiers shoot with rifles and machine guns just to the side of the enemy at a distance of a kilometer or more. exceptions are urban combat.

Besides, I do not suggest  AI to decide what is beneficial. I ordered to open fire but they just overcame the target and wait

An odd thing I noticed, when I'm flying a helicopter over enemy that has no waypoints they just stand there, even when I'm actually attacking them. I feel that the first command everyone should get at the contact is Take Cover and then work from there.

• Like 1

I know that it is not aimed fire. But these are the conditions of war. In reality 90 % of shoots is suppressive role.  I myself went through it.  and you can see the combat video on YouTube. Most of the time soldiers shoot with rifles and machine guns just to the side of the enemy at a distance of a kilometer or more. exceptions are urban combat.

Besides, I do not suggest  AI to decide what is beneficial. I ordered to open fire but they just overcame the target and wait

My remarks are based on actual combat (did you read the report?). Also suppressive fire consumes precious ammunition (most infantryman only carry 7 magasines). So unless you're about to be extracted, it would be very unwise to start expending your ammunition at the start of an operation on suppressive fire which is of dubious value seems very risky.

hi

could please someone explain this to me how this works:

11:05:57 "ASR AI3: 130.729 | Unit R Alpha 2-1:13 sub-skill aimingAccuracy set: 1, get: 1, skillFinal: 0.696"

why is the final skill  0.696,

shouldn't it be skillFinal 1 ??

thx

hi

could please someone explain this to me how this works:

11:05:57 "ASR AI3: 130.729 | Unit R Alpha 2-1:13 sub-skill aimingAccuracy set: 1, get: 1, skillFinal: 0.696"

why is the final skill  0.696,

shouldn't it be skillFinal 1 ??

thx

Final skill takes other settings into account as well. It's explained in the notes here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

So in this case it depends on the AI skill set via userconfig/unit type but also on CfgAISkill config class (internal) and the skill settings you have in game difficulty options.

Updated

- engagement ranges extended for non-zoomed sights (experimental change in cfgweapons)
- handle hits on static weapons - units fall out of them when shot or things blow up nearby
- fix bug causing units to remain in prone position
- when copy my stance is enabled and player is moving slowly, following units will also slow down
- units in static weapons fall out of them when killed (so they can be looted)
- in single player games scripted reactions to danger are skipped if player not the cause and farther than 2000m

Enjoy!

• Like 9

Link plz:D

Link in first post as usual. On Steam also.

• Like 1