is there a way to make the ai not abandon their vehicle if just one component goes red.

IE i hit a BMP with a GL and hit the left track, nothing else is damaged but the crew jump out :( when the turret is still fully useable and can offer a lot of damage against the ai. 

is there a way to make the ai not abandon their vehicle if just one component goes red.

IE i hit a BMP with a GL and hit the left track, nothing else is damaged but the crew jump out :( when the turret is still fully useable and can offer a lot of damage against the ai. 

I'd say yes, check out this mod named "Realistic Tank Crew".

• Like 3

Cheers dude seen this in like arma beta but completely forgot about it but this has helped so much. Finally can start fighting ai like humans :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First, let me say that I absolutely love this mod and use it all the time. Second, I have countless hours using the ASR AI 3 mod and have seen the greatness of it and a few of the areas that - in my opinion - need improvement.

I would like to offer my suggestions and frustrations in hopes to hear that "I am just doing it wrong" or that "we can fix this and make it better."

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am running this with ASR AI 3 and CBA (how it says I should run it) on the latest version. Furthermore, I am speaking from using these units within ZEUS with the mod installed on both a dedicated server, my client, and the headless clients.

• Transport Helicopters act as if they are "semi-gunships" in the sense that when you give them a "transport unload" waypoint, they will refuse to land for up to a few minutes before potentially landing IF they come under fire. If the transport helicopter does NOT come under fire, it will land at the waypoint as it should and offload any troops. My issue... is that when the helicopter comes under fire, it does not attempt to offload the troops near the waypoint, air drop them in, or escape and drop them off somewhere close by - instead, the helicopter flies around and likely gets shot down.
  • Units will sometimes accidentally fire too soon when holding Anti-tank weapons when their unit SEES the enemy vehicle, but NOT always when they are actually ON TARGET (i have witnessed normal units with weapons shoot at the floor and walls similarly when they are first attempting to get on target)
  • When I tell a squad to enter a vehicle (whether grouped with the vehicle or not) the group OFTEN gets stuck in a mount/dismount state where they will not go to their waypoints or after the enemy - they will only continue to attempt to randomly get into the vehicle, for one person or the whole squad to then dismount, and then attempt to remount.
  • I rarely see the AI enter buildings in combat - it happens, but almost never and I truly mean that in a very real and non-sarcastic way.
  • I wish the AI would utilize explosives against targets in buildings/near buildings/or near vehicles they are using as cover - possibly a slight chance that anti-tank weapons and other weapons would be utilized.
  • Is there any way to reduce the accuracy of DOOR GUNNERS on helicopters or any other static mounted weapon - the static mounted weapons on and off vehicles can sometimes be super super super accuracy and aimbotty even at great ranges WHILE vehicles are moving.

These are just some of my impressions - take them or leave them - but they are things I WISH were tweaked a little and worked differently.

This is the 5% of the mod that bothers me, the rest is freaking gold - keep up the good work.

Spencer

Same problems. The only two AI mods I use are Grouplink 5 and ASR. If there's an enemy on the other side of a hill the AI will stand there and shoot the hill instead of going over it to shoot or waiting until the enemy comes over it. I always get the AI dismounting at really stupid times. I mean like the worst possible times. If there's troops riding inside of BMPs in the ocean going to shore they'll dismount as soon as they see an enemy or take a single bullet and swim around in the ocean for a while before getting back in. A lot of the other stuff in the mod is interesting though. Could you make it so you can turn off dismounting in the userconfig? I thought that feature was in ASR for Arma 2 but maybe I'm wrong.

Same problems. The only two AI mods I use are Grouplink 5 and ASR. If there's an enemy on the other side of a hill the AI will stand there and shoot the hill instead of going over it to shoot or waiting until the enemy comes over it. I always get the AI dismounting at really stupid times. I mean like the worst possible times. If there's troops riding inside of BMPs in the ocean going to shore they'll dismount as soon as they see an enemy or take a single bullet and swim around in the ocean for a while before getting back in. A lot of the other stuff in the mod is interesting though. Could you make it so you can turn off dismounting in the userconfig? I thought that feature was in ASR for Arma 2 but maybe I'm wrong.

I might be able to improve that. So what are the conditions that need to be met so units in cargo disembark if they are in contact ?

yeay another chance to suggest stuffs..... 

one idea or condition should be enemy distance.. if your taking fire but from some distance please land... if EI < 100 meters .wave off.. 

second would be enemy count.. number of enemy force detected is greater then passanger unit count in the choppa... wave off... again distance should play a roll if a larger force was far away they should land...

basically any condition that would mean the immediate LZ is clear LAND NOW... 

your best bet would be try to get the gunner to fire at as many targets as quickly as possible to try and supress them enough .... so short quick bursts at one target  change target, quick burst.. again change target.. burst burst .. change... etc... until landed... then make sure they hold fire or set up a check to make sure they dont fire at friendlies... because that is a problem as well ai gunners mowing down another AI dismounting the heli.. 

on any server coupled with tpwcas supression this would be an effective tactic...

and maybe for ground vehicles which has gun, do not get out unless there are enemy AT soldiers and/or vehicle is getting damage? So if I am a soldier and sitting in BMP why would I get out if enemy has only AKs?

Re the latest update Apex1.64

In the Userconfig settings file "asr_ai3_settings_ss"

It says at the top;

/*
 ASR AI3 server-side settings; these settings are only applicable on servers and single-player sessions
 this file must be found in <game folder>\userconfig\asr_ai3\
 for most settings, 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled

Mission makers can control these features by setting these global variables in init.sqf
*/

But the section tha you can enable disable is missing? ie the following;

//asr_ai3_main_setskills         = 1;        // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.; 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)
//asr_ai3_main_joinlast         = 2;        // Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)
//asr_ai3_main_removegimps    = 300;        // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
//asr_ai3_main_rearm          = 40;        // Enable basic AI rearming (resupply radius in meters; set to 0 to disable feature)
//asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 0;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

How does the 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled work now? Is this CBA only again......

I joined to my mission as admin and used mod's setup in standard arma menu to make that adjustments at server level. I think this is how you need to set them up

Using the @CBA as previously discussed, so Dedicated server settings can be overridden every mission,  :( 

As previously mentioned;

Can confirm removing the     //    in the Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3\  asr_ai3_settings_ss file on the dedicated servers userconfig, is a simple & easy way to lock the settings on a dedicated server. AI behaving as they were in previous versions re taking cover etc. An easy way to check is; if the NV goggles being worn disappear during daylight after the mission starts.

asr_ai3_main_setskills         = 1;        // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.; 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)
asr_ai3_main_joinlast         = 0;        // Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_removegimps    = 300;        // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_rearm          = 40;        // Enable basic AI rearming (resupply radius in meters; set to 0 to disable feature)
asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 400;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

We turned off, set to 0 the "Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)" as missions with single AI units, sentries for example, or AI's in pairs would run off to join the nearest Squad as soon as the mission started.

As stated if ASR is run client side & Server side with CBA you, (Admin) can turn that on or off for each mission, rather than the above. All a matter of choice. 

Using the previous "asr_ai3_settings_ss" with the above settings seems to work with the new update :D

Time for another update

- renamed settings file in userconfig to asr_ai3_config.sqf
- ammo tweaked to improve detection
- hearing aid enabled by default to further improve shot detection
- fire modes and rate of fire tweaked
- reduced spotting skills a bit
- units may fall when hit (based on tmr_hiteffects)
- allow rearming in combat if empty
- extended cover search distance a bit
- can now exclude units by faction by adding them into asr_ai3_main_skip_factions (userconfig)
- improved odds of using houses

Have fun!

• Like 8

Time for another update

- renamed settings file in userconfig to asr_ai3_config.sqf

- ammo tweaked to improve detection

- hearing aid enabled by default to further improve shot detection

- fire modes and rate of fire tweaked

- reduced spotting skills a bit

- units may fall when hit (based on tmr_hiteffects)

- allow rearming in combat if empty

- extended cover search distance a bit

- can now exclude units by faction by adding them into asr_ai3_main_skip_factions (userconfig)

- improved odds of using houses

Have fun!

Does the AI falling down when hit conflict with ACE3? 

Ace3 has that feature too

Thanks for new update Robalo!

I got confused regarding the server settings after jgaz-uk entry.
So if I use the ingame setting system will it not work?
I thought it is working and I will not need asr_ai3_config.sqf file.
asr_ai3_config.sqf file is needed only if I don't want to use the in game menu for settings? And if I need to use that file, do I need to have cba_auto_load_settings_file.pbo in addons CBA addons folder?

Does the AI falling down when hit conflict with ACE3? 

Ace3 has that feature too

I don't know if they conflict, very likely that they do. You can disable this in the settings. I will look into adding a check and auto-disabling it when ACE3 mod is used.

Thanks for new update Robalo!

I got confused regarding the server settings after jgaz-uk entry.

So if I use the ingame setting system will it not work?

I thought it is working and I will not need asr_ai3_config.sqf file.

asr_ai3_config.sqf file is needed only if I don't want to use the in game menu for settings? And if I need to use that file, do I need to have cba_auto_load_settings_file.pbo in addons CBA addons folder?

Settings are in asr_ai3_config.sqf file and ingame via CBA settings. They do not exclude each other. See F.A.Q. in first post.

If you need to auto-load the in-game settings from a file, check CBA Settings documentation about how that can be done.

Basically you export them, put into \userconfig\cba\settings.sqf and load the optional addon that you mentioned.

hmm ok thx!

one more question though :)
Is spotting value changes during night in case AI has no NVG? For example applying a coef to reduce its spotting capability at night time? An advanced version would be based on lights, like enemy is on street and it is illuminated so reduction would be less than enemy is at area without any light source. It would give possibility to make missions to destroy power lines before entering city to make AI a bit blind

hmm ok thx!

one more question though :)

Is spotting value changes during night in case AI has no NVG? For example applying a coef to reduce its spotting capability at night time? An advanced version would be based on lights, like enemy is on street and it is illuminated so reduction would be less than enemy is at area without any light source. It would give possibility to make missions to destroy power lines before entering city to make AI a bit blind

It happens automatically, no mods needed for that. I tweaked the night spotting coefficients in config already so the AI don't see as well in the dark.

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

ASR AI 3 v0.9.32

required_addons.png

Community Base Addons A3

Thanks !

• Like 1

Excluding units will disable ASR AI functionality on them completely?

Also ACE3 hiteffects are applied only to players so it's nice to have that now on AI. Thanks for your continued support.

Excluding units will disable ASR AI functionality on them completely?

Also ACE3 hiteffects are applied only to players so it's nice to have that now on AI. Thanks for your continued support.

Disable the scripted stuff, for tweaks that reside in configs not much can be done.

Also ACE3 hiteffects are applied only to players

I don't think so. Often I see how AI units fall during run and hit. Also the code doesn't check if a unit is a player.

hi,

I had serveral crashes after the latest ASR_AI update with Iron Front lite & RHS mod(sorry doesn't test vanilla)...before it was all fine...switched back to older asr version unhappily but no crash.^^

2:12:21 No alive in 10000

note: Minidump has been generated into the file
===FROZEN====>>>>>>BEG
Version 1.64.138497
Fault time: 2016/10/11 02:12:22
Fault address:  778D015D 01:0001015D C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Prev. code bytes: B9 1D 00 00 00 8D 54 24 04 64 FF 15 C0 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: 83 C4 04 C2 14 00 90 B8 59 00 00 00 33 C9 8D 54

Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:00A9EA34
ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
ESI:00000002 EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:778D015D
SS:ESP:002B:00A9E9E4  EBP:00A9EA80
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00000246
===FROZEN====>>>>>>END

Arma rpt wiki mention 

No alive in 10000

Usually when you have a while loop that's having to execute a lot of times without stopping or sleep.

any idea?

hi,

I had serveral crashes after the latest ASR_AI update with Iron Front lite & RHS mod(sorry doesn't test vanilla)...before it was all fine...switched back to older asr version unhappily but no crash.^^

Arma rpt wiki mention 

any idea?

Did it crash at mission initialisation or during ? How many units were in the mission ?

• Like 1

Robalo love the mod, question regarding AI skill. I see you do everything now in the game instead of with the userconfig. Just wondering if I want to lower AI accuracy, do I have to uncheck "AI Skills Reconfigured" and sacrifice the other changes you've made? I like to lower it a bit to extend the length of firefights, especially at distance. Wondering if changing AI aiming and aiming shake in the difficulty settings will work?