Though lately, I'm feeling like when I make contact, most of the time it becomes an enemy onslaught of wave after wave and I feel like every enemy on the map is being called to the position of the battle. Which in itself is becoming predictable but also really really hard for me (I'm not a particularly good player).

Is there anything I can do that DOESN'T require me to make user config changes to better handle this on my end? Right now it's turning a vanilla fight that would last all of 5-10 minutes into a straight up, no exaggeration, hour long battles. This is one of the things that can happen that I appreciate most about the mod, but lately it feels like it's happening every single time and I'm curious if there's anything I can do on my end to strategically keep the enemy from always getting reinforced (most of my missions rely on clearing, securing and advancing).

Could you talk a bit about how the system works? Do they call every single teammate on the map with a radio or only those within a certain radius? Do you have any advice for how a player can make quick work of a squad without them always getting reinforced (is there a timer before they call for help, or do I always need to stealth with silencers, etc)?

Any advice would be helpful and thanks for the great mod.

There is no reinforcements call in this mod. There's the inter-groups info sharing feature but it does not work like what you're describing there.

Here's a pic with the relevant settings:

How does this work:

When a group detects an enemy and has sufficient info about it, it's leader starts sending knowledge about that enemy to all other friendly groups in range (configurable, default is 600 meters). This only happens if group has a radio.

The transmission does not happen instantly but with a delay, configurable as highlighted in the settings picture above. So by default it takes 5 to 15 seconds for the leader, who acts for this purpose as a radioman, to notify near groups about the perceived threat. If during this time the leader dies, the transmission will not go through. It may still happen after this interval, under the same rules. New group leader will retry the transmission.

When you initiate contact, have everyone hold fire, assign targets, then give the order to open fire simultaneously on all enemies in sight. This is valid for both SP and Coop. If that's not possible, try to figure out which one is the leader and take him out first.

Robalo, I'm confident there is some issue that relates at least partially to ASR AI. We have the same problem and this problem is gone if we remove ASR AI. We confirmed that the issue has no correlation to Zeus. We also checked on a server running no mods other than ASR AI and CBA vs. a test on a vanilla server only. The only thing we confirmed is that without ASR AI, this issue does not happen.

see this screenshot (out of a regular, modded mission, but it shows the problem perfectly).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/254840103045675453/AD904D1C9CA32C735638DAE21F92DE14EA73072B/

You see the unit at the bottom, where the camera is, and the line to its group leader that is almost 1.5 kilometers away. These guys were just too far away to react to fire.

These are our settings: Dropbox link.

I hope this post can help, we really can't play without ASR AI... :)

• Like 1

First things first, this mod does not move units around. Units that move to the position of known enemies, do so because the waypoints they had allow them to.

If the groups move to your position with the mod loaded, and not without it, then my only guess is that there are groups in between the two +600 mts. radio range, acting as relay units. I'd like to ask Robalo if such a scenario is possible though, meaning, if a group that got informed of an enemy group, does, in turn, relay the newly discovered enemy to it's onw 600 mts. radio range.

First things first, this mod does not move units around. Units that move to the position of known enemies, do so because the waypoints they had allow them to.

Nobody said the mod moves units around. What it does, however, provided the parameters are right, is "reveal" targets, which makes some units attack. If the reveal is far away they will move towards the revealed target. Since the units are on a "HOLD" waypoint, they should not be allowed to move anywhere except in the case mentioned below.

If the groups move to your position with the mod loaded, and not without it, then my only guess is that there are groups in between the two +600 mts. radio range, acting as relay units. I'd like to ask Robalo if such a scenario is possible though, meaning, if a group that got informed of an enemy group, does, in turn, relay the newly discovered enemy to it's onw 600 mts. radio range.

Radio relaying is completely disabled on the server, they shouldn't do anything of that kind.

The frustrating part is that whatever "clean-room" test mission I come up, the behavior is as expected, groups with a "hold" waypoint stay were they are. However, in actual gameplay, I can observe single units or small teams (as shown on the Screenshot that Variable posted) move away from their group/hold waypoint towards enemies that are more than 1000 meters away from them - I think the farthest I have seen so far was a good three kilometers.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to break a "hold" waypoint is AI gaining enough knowledge of enemies to attack. Reveal is about the only way that they can gain that knowledge here. Also note that I have never seen a team leader move away, it seems like the team leader is telling the subordinate AI to engage.

Also note that the AI on the screenshot is not directly moving towards the player group, as a matter of fact, I don't think it actually spotted them at this point. This might be because the group has lost knowledge over time since the poor guy had to hike quite a bit over Takistani hills, and that takes a while.

• Like 1

@Variable

I don't really understand the scenario from the picture. If the leader was that close, units from his group automatically learn what he knows even if they are on the opposite corner of the map. It's just how the game works and I think only the commanding skill may influence how fast that happens but it is fast regardless.

@Variable

I don't really understand the scenario from the picture. If the leader was that close, units from his group automatically learn what he knows even if they are on the opposite corner of the map. It's just how the game works and I think only the commanding skill may influence how fast that happens but it is fast regardless.

The unit on the screenshot was sent out by the team on the top of the map, a good 1.5 kilometers away. The entire group was on a hold waypoint, and radio traffic was disabled, still the team leader send this guy to the exact position of the player group.

• Like 1

The unit on the screenshot was sent out by the team on the top of the map, a good 1.5 kilometers away. The entire group was on a hold waypoint, and radio traffic was disabled, still the team leader send this guy to the exact position of the player group.

I have no way of determining what happened there, maybe they just reacted to weapon fire. If this were due to a scripted feature of the mod, it can be tracked with debugging on. One thing I noticed, your userconfig format is old. Latest version does not use all those global variables anymore, might use new ones or their type has changed. Most are managed via CBA settings now.

To be able to better debug possible issues caused by the modified configs, I'll separate them into their own pbos as it used to be in the past. I think the main reason I consolidated them was when you could only publish single files on Steam so that's no longer needed.

About helis being bad at detecting stuff, if that's the problem, I had a config tweak for it ut removed it after reading (in a changelog I think) that the sensitivity parameter was deprecated. I'll try to put that back in and see if it helps.

I have no way of determining what happened there, maybe they just reacted to weapon fire. If this were due to a scripted feature of the mod, it can be tracked with debugging on. One thing I noticed, your userconfig format is old. Latest version does not use all those global variables anymore, might use new ones or their type has changed. Most are managed via CBA settings now.

Yeah we're still using the one before that, had some issues with the CBA settings and no time to look at it.

The problem we have is really next to impossible to crack. We had played one session with debugging enabled and didn't see anything of note in the logs, still, we have these guys from 2 kilometers away hear stuff that they should really not have heard or noticed. And every time we tried to make a "clean-room" reproduction case, it worked as expected. I think Stagwine has literally invested hours in this, and no result.

To be able to better debug possible issues caused by the modified configs, I'll separate them into their own pbos as it used to be in the past. I think the main reason I consolidated them was when you could only publish single files on Steam so that's no longer needed.

Yeah, that was a pretty annoying "feature" of Steam.

I'll try to update our server with the latest ASR AI. Problem is, I really don't know why this is happening since it certainly should not, and both the server and Zeus were running ASR AI with the same settings.

About helis being bad at detecting stuff, if that's the problem, I had a config tweak for it ut removed it after reading (in a changelog I think) that the sensitivity parameter was deprecated. I'll try to put that back in and see if it helps.

Helis look good to me, at least in recent missions we played they did attack ground targets quite frequently, especially transports with door gunners :)

• Like 1

Pushed minor update 0.9.31

- updated configs for Arma3 v1.64
- fix AK12 fire modes
- separate debugging options
- split ammo, vehicle, weapon configs into separate addons

Enjoy! :coop:

• Like 7

Cheers Robalo!

Hey one question - Our group cant use the in game options on the server. ive put it down to a mod conflict somewhere. Its all good but i was just wondering if everything would work properly if I put the following in asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf 

Or will these setting load too early and be overwritten by defaults? Also can you confirm that 0 will disable those features, or will the AI freak out because they think it means 0 meters?

asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.9;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 0;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 0;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 800;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;
asr_ai3_main_joinlast = 0;
asr_ai3_main_removegimps = 300;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = false;
asr_ai3_main_loudrange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_debug = false;

Is it possible to configure the mod to exclude certain factions?

I am working on an edit of CO10 escape for my group that uses RyanZombies as the indep, and I have found they seem to behave strangely when ASR AI is on. As they are spawned in dynamically by the mission and by spawner modules I have placed, it would be grate if I could globally exclude the faction. Is this possible?

What in a mission.sqm could call asr_ai3_cfgvehicles as a required addon for the mission?

I'm trying to make a mission but nothing slots up when I try testing it on the server even though I and the server have this as an addon. This seems to be the only one that is the cause of the issue.

Robalo, in tpwcas there was a call for "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill"

I am doing some minor updating to tpwcas and i cannot find that function in asr_ai any longer has it been renamed?

for context:

//SET INITIAL PARAMETERS FOR EACH UNIT   
if (_stanceregain == -1 ) then
{ 
//SET ASR AI SKILLS IF ASR AI IS RUNNNING
if (!isNil "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill") then 
{
[_unit] call asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill;
};

_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalaccuracy", _unit skill "aimingAccuracy"];      
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalshake",  _unit skill "aimingShake"];     
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalcourage", _unit skill "courage"];      
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_general", _unit skill "general"];     
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_stanceregain", time];
//_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_orgbehaviour", behaviour _unit];
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_stance", "auto"];
};    

Is it possible to configure the mod to exclude certain factions?

I am working on an edit of CO10 escape for my group that uses RyanZombies as the indep, and I have found they seem to behave strangely when ASR AI is on. As they are spawned in dynamically by the mission and by spawner modules I have placed, it would be grate if I could globally exclude the faction. Is this possible?

Nope. I will think about adding something like that. See if you can add something like this in the init code for the spawned units: this setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true]; Or perhaps create a small addon that would set the civilian danger fsm to the base class of the zombie units you're using.

What in a mission.sqm could call asr_ai3_cfgvehicles as a required addon for the mission?

I'm trying to make a mission but nothing slots up when I try testing it on the server even though I and the server have this as an addon. This seems to be the only one that is the cause of the issue.

I have no idea what's causing the eden editor to add dependencies like that. Whatever ways I knew to avoid it I've applied already.

Robalo, in tpwcas there was a call for "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill"

I am doing some minor updating to tpwcas and i cannot find that function in asr_ai any longer has it been renamed?

for context:

//SET INITIAL PARAMETERS FOR EACH UNIT   
if (_stanceregain == -1 ) then
{ 
//SET ASR AI SKILLS IF ASR AI IS RUNNNING
if (!isNil "asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill") then 
{
[_unit] call asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_setUnitSkill;
};

_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalaccuracy", _unit skill "aimingAccuracy"];      
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalshake",  _unit skill "aimingShake"];     
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_originalcourage", _unit skill "courage"];      
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_general", _unit skill "general"];     
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_stanceregain", time];
//_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_orgbehaviour", behaviour _unit];
_unit setVariable ["tpwcas_stance", "auto"];
};    

It's asr_ai3_main_fnc_setUnitSkill

I was just thinking about your Find Cover Filter in ASRAI, and i remembered asking if you would mind if i applied it in TPWCAS. You did give me the go ahead and i had applied it. I see that you have updated the filter, do you mind that i have added this update to tpwcas? 

This mod really nice and I am using it in my missions. Recently had a small issue though. My team had a sniper and they cleaned whole village from distance. AI could not locate the sniper and act properly. They were hunted one by one by the sniper guy. Is there a setup to prevent this? Sniper was around 800 meter I think to the town

I was just thinking about your Find Cover Filter in ASRAI, and i remembered asking if you would mind if i applied it in TPWCAS. You did give me the go ahead and i had applied it. I see that you have updated the filter, do you mind that i have added this update to tpwcas? 

Sure, no problem. Let me know if you notice anything weird in the code or if you make any improvements please.

This mod really nice and I am using it in my missions. Recently had a small issue though. My team had a sniper and they cleaned whole village from distance. AI could not locate the sniper and act properly. They were hunted one by one by the sniper guy. Is there a setup to prevent this? Sniper was around 800 meter I think to the town

And by acting properly you mean ... ? Maybe lay down their weapons ? I'd like to set that up one day.

you already did a lot with AI so don't get me wrong. I mean in long distance shots they become easy to hunt. So in such case maybe they look for a building to locate the enemy instead of walking around in open field to search?

Hello !

I always play with your mod and i really appreciate it. 

You've add in the third part AI config for RHS. I wondering if I start to play with Cup weapons/units, do i need also a config file for Cup?

Sorry if i don't understand well

Thank you

Finally got round to updating to the latest version of ASR. Is there a list available of all the variables we can control in a mission via init.sqf?

We use this in initserver.sqf (ASR is only run on server). Mainly because we are unable to use the CBA menu system for some reason

asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.9;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;                   
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 0;       
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 0;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 800;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;       
asr_ai3_main_joinlast = 0;               
asr_ai3_main_removegimps = 300;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = false;
asr_ai3_main_loudrange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_debug = false;

Finally got round to updating to the latest version of ASR. Is there a list available of all the variables we can control in a mission via init.sqf?

When using previous versions we had the variable "asr_ai3_main_enabled = 1;" Is this still used? 

In game addon settings menu, you can export settings to clipboard then paste into a text file to see all variables that are not in userconfig.