Does this work with the Community Uplift Project (CUP) factions?

Could I force it to work by adding the new faction names: for example 

BIS_TK_GUE

becomes

CUP_I_TK_GUE

Under CUP - I think? So do I need to add the new names to asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf?

It works with any faction without requiring any modifications to the userconfig files. What are you trying to accomplish ?

Robalo - if you're updating the RHS configs is there any chance of one for RHS GREF? Pretty please...

Robalo,

Have you looked at possibly adding smart Artillery AI such as "Fire for effect" to your AI mod?

Adding the ability for mortars, rockets, and artillery to shell enemy spotted by AI would be an awesome addition. Just curious.

Im getting no cba menu also, and we also use forced custom difficulty so i guess thats a bug that CBA can hopefully look at. Until then we will just put the following in init.sqf and everything seems to work fine. Would be nice if we had an option to use the old method also.

asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.9;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 40;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 3;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 1;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 600;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;
asr_ai3_main_joinlast = 2;
asr_ai3_main_removegimps = 300;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = true;
asr_ai3_main_loudrange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_debug = false;

Dont know if this might help the dedicated server Admins still struggling with the new system but;

I tried removing the // in the Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3\  asr_ai3_settings_ss file on the server as;

asr_ai3_main_setskills         = 1;        // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.; 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)
asr_ai3_main_joinlast         = 1;        // Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_removegimps    = 300;        // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_rearm          = 40;        // Enable basic AI rearming (resupply radius in meters; set to 0 to disable feature)
asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 400;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

And It seems to be working for the server, have seen some enemy AI go join another squad, & one or two firing from behind trees.

To quote others "Would be nice if we had an option to use the old method also." my last word honest -_-

Is there anyway you could fit the configs into the steam workshop? Maybe using cba settings to enable them?

Or a Separate Workshop Entry with a dependency on ASR_AI along with RHS when it updated next.

If you can't don't worry about it, im just throwing out ideas.

Hi Robalo,

Thanks for the update.

Can confirm that custom difficulty causes the settings not to show when logged in as admin on custom difficulty.

Regardless I think that adding the settings to the initserver.sqf is the easiest way go about it in any case.

I prefer it since now each mission can differ on the same server without the need to edit the userconfig (Which is what I believe you wanted to achieve).

Maybe to help admins out who wants to lock those settings and not allow other admins to edit those setting add another setting line: asr_ai3_main_locksettings = 1; 

Thanks for all your hard work Robalo.

Cheers

Robalo,

Have you looked at possibly adding smart Artillery AI such as "Fire for effect" to your AI mod?

Adding the ability for mortars, rockets, and artillery to shell enemy spotted by AI would be an awesome addition. Just curious.

There's already a good mod by Rydygier: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159152-fire-for-effect-the-god-of-war-smart-simple-ai-artillery/

Is there anyway you could fit the configs into the steam workshop? Maybe using cba settings to enable them?

Or a Separate Workshop Entry with a dependency on ASR_AI along with RHS when it updated next.

If you can't don't worry about it, im just throwing out ideas.

You can't activate configs on the fly. I also don't think RHS is on Steam so I won't bother publishing the extra configs there either.

Hi Robalo,

Thanks for the update.

Can confirm that custom difficulty causes the settings not to show when logged in as admin on custom difficulty.

Regardless I think that adding the settings to the initserver.sqf is the easiest way go about it in any case.

I prefer it since now each mission can differ on the same server without the need to edit the userconfig (Which is what I believe you wanted to achieve).

Maybe to help admins out who wants to lock those settings and not allow other admins to edit those setting add another setting line: asr_ai3_main_locksettings = 1; 

Thanks for all your hard work Robalo.

Cheers

Steps to repro the missing settings ? I'm using custom as well and don't have any problem managing the settings.

So on my dedi server do I need allowedFilePatching = 1; in the server .cfg or -filepatching in the servers command line ?

if I don't use FilePatching will asr not read it's own .cfg file in the servers root ?

i tried FP in the command line but it didn't seem to work, but that's where a BI post said put it (one also said put in in the server .cfg so don't know)

anyone help please

1. There is no reason to enable filepatching on clients.

2. On the server, without filepatching, default settings will be used, which are recommended anyway.

3. This may not be obvious enough: you can just plug this mod in an play. Editing the settings is there for power users/admins but can be skipped entirely.

From FAQ on first post:

Q: My settings in  <arma3>\userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf are ignored.

A: Launch the game with file patching enabled (tick the option in the official launcher or add -filePatching to command line parameters). This is only required in single player or on servers (not required on clients connecting to a multiplayer game).

You can't activate configs on the fly. I also don't think RHS is on Steam so I won't bother publishing the extra configs there either.

Next RHS update they are going to upload to workshop. That's why I brought it up.

Steps to repro the missing settings ? I'm using custom as well and don't have any problem managing the settings.

Very wierd then....

Nothing different from the usual but I will write the steps in anycase:

1) Create mission without ASR_AI running to ensure no dependency is created.

2) Export to MP

3) Launch server with asr_ai3 as the last mod in the config line

4) Login as admin

5) Go to the settings page for ASR_AI and there is nothing. (Or rather a blank screen)

Cheers

Twak

@Twakkie

In the ARMA3 main menu, at the bottom right, which version of ASR_AI3 is shown? For some reason I still had ASR 0.9.29.00 for a while despite using the latest steam version, I had to do a manual purge to get it working.

@Robalo

We're now running into an issue where the server-ASR settings reset after changing mission. Filepatching is allowed on the server.

It works with any faction without requiring any modifications to the userconfig files. What are you trying to accomplish ?

Was trying to make CO10 escape mission my NeoArmageddon and Scruffy a bit easier for my squad. Wanted to drop coefficients to 0.8 as suggested, but was worried the faction names in the file would not apply to CUP units. My squad will not switch to RHS until it hits steam  <_<

Was trying to make CO10 escape mission my NeoArmageddon and Scruffy a bit easier for my squad. Wanted to drop coefficients to 0.8 as suggested, but was worried the faction names in the file would not apply to CUP units. My squad will not switch to RHS until it hits steam  <_<

What are the recommended coefficients?

I checked the first post and the readme in the ZIP archive but I couldn't find any mention of them.

Next RHS update they are going to upload to workshop. That's why I brought it up.

Then I will add the configs as well.

Very wierd then....

Nothing different from the usual but I will write the steps in anycase:

1) Create mission without ASR_AI running to ensure no dependency is created.

2) Export to MP

3) Launch server with asr_ai3 as the last mod in the config line

4) Login as admin

5) Go to the settings page for ASR_AI and there is nothing. (Or rather a blank screen)

Cheers

Twak

I could no replicate the issue using the above steps. Double-check that you are running correct version of ASR AI on the client you're connecting with when trying to change settings. Check if they show in SP on that same client PC. RPT from both client and server would provide some useful info for further investigation.

@Twakkie

In the ARMA3 main menu, at the bottom right, which version of ASR_AI3 is shown? For some reason I still had ASR 0.9.29.00 for a while despite using the latest steam version, I had to do a manual purge to get it working.

@Robalo

We're now running into an issue where the server-ASR settings reset after changing mission. Filepatching is allowed on the server.

Make sure you're not deleting the profile of the server somehow. If you change per mission settings they will be used instead but server settings should remain unaltered. Maybe worth submitting bug report to CBA.

You can add as many factionss with custom coefficients as you want, just keep the same structure for the asr_ai3_main_factions variable. You can even add them by code like:

asr_ai3_main_factions append [["CUP_O_ChDKZ", 0.8], ["CUP_I_NAPA", 0.8]];

What are the recommended coefficients?

I checked the first post and the readme in the ZIP archive but I couldn't find any mention of them.

It's a matter of preference. Default is 1, meaning no change ( x * 1 = x ). It's there as a quick way to raise or lower the skills for any factions.

2. On the server, without filepatching, default settings will be used, which are recommended anyway.

3. This may not be obvious enough: you can just plug this mod in an play. Editing the settings is there for power users/admins but can be skipped entirely.

From FAQ on first post:

thank you for the info

I've got filepatching on and working now

even using the mods default it did not seem to work with FP off on the dedicated server,

as soon as FP was on the mod worked because the game and bots changed so much

filepatching is set to 1 server side only

Make sure you're not deleting the profile of the server somehow. If you change per mission settings they will be used instead but server settings should remain unaltered. Maybe worth submitting bug report to CBA.

Then other options would be reset as well, no? But yeah, it's possible that something isn't set up properly wrt the profile. In which file should the CBA/ASR settings be written?

Hm as I assumed. Then it's def. not being written properly.

Guess I'll best head to the CBA thread for further help.

The latest ASR AI3 breaks firemodes on the Apex AK-12 (arifle_AK12_F) - in vanilla, it has full auto, very rapid 2-round burst and single shots. With ASR AI, it has full auto, slow 3-round burst and single shot.

Presumably due to

class arifle_AK12_base_F : Rifle_Base_F {
		modes[] = {"FullAuto", "ASR_Burst3", "Single", "ASR_AI_Burst_close", "ASR_AI_Burst_far", "ASR_AI_Single_optics1", "ASR_AI_Single_optics2"};
Please reconsider these heavy config changes in an AI-oriented mod. Maybe in a separate pbo file?

The latest ASR AI3 breaks firemodes on the Apex AK-12 (arifle_AK12_F) - in vanilla, it has full auto, very rapid 2-round burst and single shots. With ASR AI, it has full auto, slow 3-round burst and single shot.

Presumably due to

class arifle_AK12_base_F : Rifle_Base_F {
		modes[] = {"FullAuto", "ASR_Burst3", "Single", "ASR_AI_Burst_close", "ASR_AI_Burst_far", "ASR_AI_Single_optics1", "ASR_AI_Single_optics2"};
Please reconsider these heavy config changes in an AI-oriented mod. Maybe in a separate pbo file?

Fire mode configs are actually quite important in an AI mod. I must've thought about the real AK-12 when I made the configs. Wasn't intentional to override BIS's 2 rnd à la AN94 mode.

• Like 1

From FAQ on first post:

So on my dedicated server i have had to set file patching to off because of problems

i now use the mod and its default settings file

will this still use the mod okay ?

The text you quoted has the answer.