Cheers for the update!

Just while on topic of the RHS configs, we ultimately stopped using them a while ago because it created very strange behaviour with AI and their sidearm. Ill try to explain as clear as possible so that maybe you can address the problem when updating the RHS configs.

Problem is with locality, the below is in a dedicated environment.

- Ai has sidearm only = normal behaviour

- AI has RHS primary weapon + sidearm. Runs out of primary ammo, switches to pistol but is unable to fire shots (from a clients view) but the AI is firing shots server side, because he reloads after the time it takes to unload the clip. Client can also see the pistol slide in open position during time of reload.

No damage taken from client and no bullet impacts seen.

Thats the best I can remember the issue for now. If you look into it and want some more specific examples then let me know. Cheers

What I get from this is: there was a bug with sidearms and the AI configs helped unveil it. Otherwise I can't see how it could create such issue. Just make sure not to use mismatched/outdated configs.

I havent had to use the CBA settings before but im pretty sure im lookin in the right spot

have logged in as admin. ESC/configure/game/configure adons/server, but there is nothing in the drop down box to select from

CBA and ASR are up to date. I have checked a few of the variables in game and they match your previous post such as asr_ai3_main_rearm = 40.

Is it something my end?

Is it comes with RHS config too, if not where do I find it.

No, you'll need to disable each option separately. This setting was often misinterpreted, not covering every aspect of the mod and added overhead so I decided to remove it.

OMG. So nice. Didnt even know that CBA allowed that for servers. 

Good morning, i'm not understanding this new update, do i have to place this in the dedicated server, userconfig "asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf"  

asr_ai3_main_setskills = true;
asr_ai3_main_seekcover = true;
asr_ai3_main_usebuildings = 0.9;
asr_ai3_main_getinweapons = 0.5;
asr_ai3_main_rearm = 40;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_mags = 3;
asr_ai3_main_rearm_fak = 1;
asr_ai3_main_radiorange = 600;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelaymin = 5;
asr_ai3_main_rrdelayplus = 10;
asr_ai3_main_packNVG = true;
asr_ai3_main_joinlast = 2;
asr_ai3_main_removegimps = 300;
asr_ai3_main_pgaistamina = false;
asr_ai3_main_onteamswitchleader = true;
asr_ai3_main_loudrange = 0;
asr_ai3_main_debug = false;	

ore are this place in the init.sqf in the game folder.

• Like 1

What's the difference between installing this serverside only, and serverside+clientside?

What's the difference between installing this serverside only, and serverside+clientside?

Serverside only: Any AI that clients command will not use ASR AI.....

We have been using your exelent ASR-AI-3 for a few years now. and thank you for it.

Quick question re post Apex update;   In the ASR-AI-3-version-0.9.30 On a dedicated server to have everything working for all server missions

do Server admins need to remove all the // in the userconfig folder asr_ai3_settings_ss  file?   So that the ASR-AI-3 in all the server mission is working by default, and not set by mission makers in their mission init.sqf's???

Like so;

asr_ai3_main_setskills         = 1;        // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.; 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)
asr_ai3_main_joinlast         = 2;        // Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_removegimps    = 300;        // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_rearm          = 40;        // Enable basic AI rearming (resupply radius in meters; set to 0 to disable feature)
asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 0;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

Or will your default settings (//asr_ai3_main_setskills etc) in there have everything working automatically, without having to edit (allowing mission makers to override), as in previous versions?

And lastly in the setting of;

asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 0;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

Is it simply 1 to turn it on, or do you need to set a distance from shooter to be audible?

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the in game settings for serverside options is working?

• Like 1

Cant confirm as yet....

Tried "asr_ai3_settings_ss  file" with the // in place (Default) and removed,

with the // in place don't think anything works Fox. tested to see if a 2 man unit would join a larger squad & No they didn't.

After removing the // did see units using buildings for cover & a lone enemy unit did seem to join another squad, when running ASR cilent side.

Any chance of a bit more information on installation/server settings Robalo please?

Hi folks, i haven't notice AI throwing Smoke and Frag grenade. I use the default config.

Do i have to edit the two config files ?

Re your previous answer for Server settings.

Quote  "Log in as admin, configure settings in the server tab, save."

There is no server tab either when logged on to our server as Admin or an option to change when logged on as Admin when in either mission selection or game on server?

Your previous versions with the two userconfig files was much easier to set up, a lot of people are struggling with this new setup sir!

• Like 1

Pause, options, game, configure addons. And make sure you have latest CBA. And please don't say people are struggling if you can't find it or it's maybe a bug, until you are sure.

As you can see above from previous posts others are having problems with the update, & the previous version was a lot easier  to set up for Dedicated servers.

As well as running numerous Addons we have our SERVER DIFFICULTY PRESETS set to Custom(forced) in the server config, so they are consistent & don't have to be set for each admin or mission,

so maybe that's why we are not seeing the option. Yes we have the latest CBA

We have always run Robalos ASRAI (inc on ArmA2) server side only And its worked well for us, its an excellent addon & much appreciated, just hope we can get it working again.

Do you know, anyone?, if the previous version (asrai3-0.9.27) still works after APEX update, if so we can always revert to it.

• Like 1

Re your previous answer for Server settings.

Quote  "Log in as admin, configure settings in the server tab, save."

There is no server tab either when logged on to our server as Admin or an option to change when logged on as Admin when in either mission selection or game on server?

Your previous versions with the two userconfig files was much easier to set up, a lot of people are struggling with this new setup sir!

Cant confirm as yet....

Tried "asr_ai3_settings_ss  file" with the // in place (Default) and removed,

with the // in place don't think anything works Fox. tested to see if a 2 man unit would join a larger squad & No they didn't.

After removing the // did see units using buildings for cover & a lone enemy unit did seem to join another squad, but still no smoke thrown or flanking movements so still not sure???.

Any chance of a bit more information on installation/server settings Robalo please?

Please check the link to CBA settings I put in change notes. I'll try to make some documentation soon. Until then I advise rolling back to previous version if the latest isn't working for your group.

Note: flanking movements or smoke throwing isn't a feature of this mod, it's by default in the stock game.

Guys, sorry if this is redundant, but I found part of the confusion seems to be where to find the menu for ASR AI in-game. If you do this, then I am pretty confident you too can enjoy the benefits of the new ASR AI version, no need to roll anything back to older versions. :D This should cover most of the SIMPLE issues. ASR AI power-users (whatever that is) are on their own. :P

Steps:

run dedi server with mission

in lobby, log in as admin

in-game, ESC >> Options >> Game >> Configure Addons (bottom right of window) >> Server or Client tab, per your needs

Server tab has option to override client settings.

Depending on how you set-up your dedi server for missions, I think each instance of a server profile may have its own save of the settings..? Not sure at all on that. Just be sure to check it if:

You create a dedi server profile for one mission or mission type

You edit the ASR AI options

You create another dedi server profile

??? POSSIBLY ASR AI options may be reset to default (b/c it's a new profile)

Just set and save options again

In my case, this happens b/c I create a different profile in TADST for each dedi server set of mods/missions I run.

In case anyone thinks this is needlessly obvious, I think that others (like I did) may be thinking that there is an options or parameters button to click on, from the mission selection and lobby. Personally I'm an uneducated Arma bohemian and I've never had another mod that used this CBA function, so I'm guessing others are new to it as well. Robalo, this is a SUPER-SWEET interface. Not that I'm going to tweak it a lot, but it's cool to be able to change these settings on the fly in-game.

• Like 1

How to manage dedicated server settings

Server side skill related settings
- Modify settings in <arma3>\userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf
- The parameters here are: asr_ai3_main_sets, asr_ai3_main_levels_units, asr_ai3_main_factions

Other settings
- Make sure latest CBA and ASR AI3 are active on the admin's client computer
- Start a mission
- Press Escape -> CONFIGURE -> GAME -> CONFIGURE ADDONS -> SERVER
- When done, click on SAVE. This will allow saving an existing preset or creating a new one.
- The settings will be saved in the server's profile namespace and they will be reused automatically after server restarts

• Like 1

It would seem that having our Dedicated server config set to "SERVER DIFFICULTY PRESETS set to Custom(forced)" stops the CBA option to change.

Gone back to using previous version.

Will test later with "Make sure latest CBA and ASR AI3 are active on the admin's client computer" think that must be the problem as we only run ASR_AI on the server!

LATER;

Looks like that is the problem if ASR_AI3 is only running on the server & not also on the Admins PC you don't get the options to activate or change & save.

I am a bit puzzled (not unusual) to make permanent changes to the Dedicated server it has to be STOPPED to save them, so how can you "-Start a mission" if the server is not running?

Seems to mean that it must now also be running Clientside & well as server side for admin at least, as the server does not save settings between sessions. At least not on our dedicated server.

I carried out your instructions to the letter Rob, & it all seemed to be saved. But Not sure if its working on the server or not, used to be able to tell by the AI firing from behind cover, trees, walls, corner of buildings, etc NOT seeing that so far  when in missions on the server.Seems we have to activate via the CBA every time.

A basic ASR_AI3 version (to be installed & edited as the previous versions were)  for the people who maybe don't have the latest CBA, or are not familiar with it's options. It  would be a real help Rob?

Even later;

Its not saved by the server, so does not seem to be working at all..... While the in game CBA menu may look nice its not worth (in my humble opinion)  the additional hoops needed to jump through to get it working, if you even can!

And a basic version with the same installation as all the previous versions would really be appreciated.

I'm only getting an empty addons field when logged in:

oQbnBqH.jpg

Using latest CBA & ASR, both on server and client. Difficulty is Custom (forced).

Edit: Found the issue, apparently the steam workshop version I have is still 0.9.29. I'm not sure if this is an error on Robalo's end or steam's.

Further question:
Do the commented lines in asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf still affect ASR_AI3 settings when uncommented?

While I think the new in-game menu is nice, I'd much prefer to have an editable server-side file as in prior versions.Having to use the in-game menu adds several hoops to what used to be a simple & straightforward process and, most importantly, it allows logged-in admins to fuck with your settings.

• Like 1

Hi just put this on a dedicated server and would like to know if the in game difficulty ie recruit, regular or custom  have any problems with the mod ?

i use custom so it reads from a file called c206542.Arma3Profile on the server (i used part of my own arma 3 file from my PC as instructed by the hosting admins)

so can set things like less damage and vision aid

What settings do you use with this mod ?

I was looking at this mod for a more realistic AI, however I see that for best results you need to have it on Client and Server, however with what I'm doing the players won't be commanding any AI, It would just be AI as an opposing faction, What aspects would I be losing if I only ran this serverside?

Edit: Found the issue, apparently the steam workshop version I have is still 0.9.29. I'm not sure if this is an error on Robalo's end or steam's.

Further question:

Do the commented lines in asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf still affect ASR_AI3 settings when uncommented?

While I think the new in-game menu is nice, I'd much prefer to have an editable server-side file as in prior versions.Having to use the in-game menu adds several hoops to what used to be a simple & straightforward process and, most importantly, it allows logged-in admins to fuck with your settings.

Steam should have latest. I published there first.

The userconfig should only set the 3 variables I mentioned, nothing else.

Functionality to load the settings from userconfig is on the way (future CBA). I listened to your feedback, forwarded to commy2 (author of CBA settings), he delivered.

Logged in admins are the ones to fuck with the settings, that's the idea.

I was looking at this mod for a more realistic AI, however I see that for best results you need to have it on Client and Server, however with what I'm doing the players won't be commanding any AI, It would just be AI as an opposing faction, What aspects would I be losing if I only ran this serverside?

In that case run it on the server only, there is nothing to lose. Just load the mod on the admin client if you ever need to edit the settings.

• Like 1

Steam should have latest. I published there first.

The userconfig should only set the 3 variables I mentioned, nothing else.

Functionality to load the settings from userconfig is on the way (future CBA). I listened to your feedback, forwarded to commy2 (author of CBA settings), he delivered.

Logged in admins are the ones to fuck with the settings, that's the idea.

In that case run it on the server only, there is nothing to lose. Just load the mod on the admin client if you ever need to edit the settings.

Did you get my PM regarding the steam version? It seems to have been a steam caching issue, after manually purging my local copy and forcing a reinstall it works fine.

Regarding the userconfig I asked as those values are still there but commented, without further comment whether they are legacy or can still be used.

Cheers for the update wrt to CBA, that'll help a lot.

As for the logged in admins: It doesn't concern me much as we are a closed community, but I can see it creating a headache for public servers. That's why I think a way to enforce settings via userconfig would be appreciated.

Anyway, thanks for the work you're doing.

Does this work with the Community Uplift Project (CUP) factions?

Could I force it to work by adding the new faction names: for example 

BIS_TK_GUE

becomes

CUP_I_TK_GUE

Under CUP - I think? So do I need to add the new names to asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf?