Hey Robalo! When do you think we will be able to get 0.9.28 on PWS? Is it just a matter of letting those guys know?

Done

So I went to all that process of claiming authorship, repackaging for PWS, uploading.. when I could've just waited a little more ?

Just kidding, thanks Sonsalt :) Please let me know if there was any issue with the mod structure.

Any chance for this to be uploaded to workshop?

Done

• Like 2

In the current PWS version, the optional(?) asr_ai3_caf_ag_c.pbo is in the addon folder and causes an error when launched. Is this file just in the wrong place or not supposed to be there?

In the current PWS version, the optional(?) asr_ai3_caf_ag_c.pbo is in the addon folder and causes an error when launched. Is this file just in the wrong place or not supposed to be there?

There should not be such file in the mod. At least I did not put that in there. It's an old, optional config for the CAF Agressors mod.

Hey Sonsalt6 I'm sorry to report that it still has that file in the addons.

A little clarification might be in order here: 0.9.28.1 == 0.9.28

I've re-uploaded 0.9.28 yesterday to PWS after seeing taydeer's comment and marked it as 0.9.28.1 to be sure it's caught and updated by PWS clients.

• Like 1

Hi!

We have a problem when we activate  the asr_ai3_rhs_us_c.pbo. We have the message error .The m27iar have no sound. When the addons isn't activated, we haven't any problem.

777427Sanstitre.png

thx

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I wanted to change some of the MOD features as a mission maker.  For example, i want to force disable the rearm feature as it breaks some of the animation scripts in my mission.  Is there a way to do this on mission load-up? 

The best solution i was able to search for was to have a message to disable the MOD altogether if enabled, but wanted to avoid this if possible by force chanign some of them on the fly.

My thought was in the INIT mission file adding:

asr_ai3_main_rearm   =  0;

Hi!

We have a problem when we activate  the asr_ai3_rhs_us_c.pbo. We have the message error .The m27iar have no sound. When the addons isn't activated, we haven't any problem.

777427Sanstitre.png

thx

Got any repro steps ? I'll check it out. Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I wanted to change some of the MOD features as a mission maker.  For example, i want to force disable the rearm feature as it breaks some of the animation scripts in my mission.  Is there a way to do this on mission load-up? 

The best solution i was able to search for was to have a message to disable the MOD altogether if enabled, but wanted to avoid this if possible by force chanign some of them on the fly.

My thought was in the INIT mission file adding:

asr_ai3_main_rearm   =  0;

See global variables as they're set in userconfig files. This should do it:

asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;

But it needs to run before the XEH PostInit, so best to add it into a group logic's init line in the mission.

You can also disable scripted features per unit like this:

_unit setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

• Like 1

Got any repro steps ? I'll check it out. Thanks.

Anyone choose this weapon (Ai or player), create the error.

For repro the error, you must go in the arsenal, you select the m27 iar, the message appear.

i try the new version, it worked without any problems. Thanks man, for your fast reaction. ;)

See global variables as they're set in userconfig files. This should do it:

asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;

But it needs to run before the XEH PostInit, so best to add it into a group logic's init line in the mission.

You can also disable scripted features per unit like this:

_unit setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

Are the comment-instructions in the default userconfig files provided in the OP wrong, then, to suggest the settings can be changed from init.sqf? Should I be setting them pre-init instead, to ensure they run early enough to actually matter?

Depends on the feature. Settings are read in preinit. The rearming feature runs on a while true loop started in postinit based on an if (feature is on). Hence on a closer look the recommendation to stick your override in between (which would be init field on editor item). I might need to rethink this to check the variable inside the loop too, or make use of the new eventhandlers like reload maybe...

I Got a question regarding this addon and how it exactly works!? if someone can kindly tell me why this is happening. So i have the mod ASR AI3 on my server on my dedi box. So i have it client as well so i go ingame. No problems. But i found out after playing missions with my unit, they never had ASR AI3 running on there client the whole time? Is it possible that the mod isnt working at all on the server. Or if its just on the server you dont need the client. Or it only works if you have it on serve and client but other who dont have it client side will have problems. But how are they connected? Kinda dont understand. Cause i notice the AI Behavior is dead on accurate to this mod features. So its working. So how are members joining server without ASR AI3 not enabled?

Local AI on machines that run ASR AI will be affected. So if you join a server with ASR AI all AI local to that server will have changed behavior, regardless if you use the addon or not on your client machine. But a client without ASR AI and that have local AI (group leader of AI or if the mission distribute the AI to the clients in one way or another) then they will not be ASR AI but vanilla. So then you will end up with a mix as the servers AI are ASR and that clients AI are not.

If the clients machine do not handle any AI then it doesn't matter if they have ASR AI or not.

Hope it makes sense..?  :wacko:

• Like 1

Local AI on machines that run ASR AI will be affected. So if you join a server with ASR AI all AI local to that server will have changed behavior, regardless if you use the addon or not on your client machine. But a client without ASR AI and that have local AI (group leader of AI or if the mission distribute the AI to the clients in one way or another) then they will not be ASR AI but vanilla. So then you will end up with a mix as the servers AI are ASR and that clients AI are not.

If the clients machine do not handle any AI then it doesn't matter if they have ASR AI or not.

Hope it makes sense..?  :wacko:

Seriously, Is that true? So if the missions in our dedicated server Always spawned Ai local to the server, Then my clients wouldnt need it?

ASR AI and the exact same AI difficulty parameters are needed where the AI are handled: the server with editor based AI, the client with Zeus spawned AI for example, the HC if you're using one and the AI are transfered/spawn on it...Etc.

In your case (ie all AI are on the server, you never recruit AI nor Zeus some more) ASR AI is only needed on the server.

I use flyinpenguin's ZISHC http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30530Which automatically transfers locality of any unit i spawn with zeus, to the server. (but i'll run ASR on my client also, just in case.)

For Ai teammates , well 99% of the time our players dont have Ai teammates and if they do, i suppose it would then use vanilla ai routines on their part correct? (which i dont really have a problem with)

Thanks for the reply!

For Ai teammates , well 99% of the time our players dont have Ai teammates and if they do, i suppose it would then use vanilla ai routines on their part correct? (which i dont really have a problem with)

If any player has ai units under his command have them running this mod. The most glaring problem you will face will be terminator ai that will eliminate opfor units too easily. Also they will not use proper fire modes and engage from unrealistic ranges. It happened to me by accident and it broke projected difficulty during some sessions, until I stumbled upon this as being the cause of the problem.