Do we still need to mess with file patching settings on this latest release?

Do we still need to mess with file patching settings on this latest release?

wIth -filePatching your settings in userconfig are used

without, default settings are used

• Like 3

Any chance for this to be uploaded to workshop?

Great update. Thank you Robalo for your commitment to evolve this addon.

• Like 1

@Robalo - cheers for the update! Awesome that u fixed the nvg unpacking.

1 quick question, if i put a base class in the skills array will it work on any unit that is inherited from that class? E.g if b_soldier_base_f was in the array would b_soldier_f and b_grenadier_f both get the new skills?

And if not, would it be possible by changing "typeof" to "iskindof" soemwhere in the code?

@Robalo - cheers for the update! Awesome that u fixed the nvg unpacking.

1 quick question, if i put a base class in the skills array will it work on any unit that is inherited from that class? E.g if b_soldier_base_f was in the array would b_soldier_f and b_grenadier_f both get the new skills?

And if not, would it be possible by changing "typeof" to "iskindof" soemwhere in the code?

It does not work like that no. I'd need to rework the level override here: https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_setUnitSkill.sqf#L18

Yes I guess it yould be ok to do this

// also check for override setting
_i = 0;
{
	if (_t in _x || {_unit isKindOf _x}) exitWith {
		_sc = _i;
		TRACE_2("override",_unit,_i);
	};
	INC(_i);
}
forEach GVAR(levels_units);

Any chance for this to be uploaded to workshop?

Honestly I'd rather just tinker with code than figuring out all of the distribution channels available. No promises.

wIth -filePatching your settings in userconfig are used

without, default settings are used

So I understand, if we upload a modified userconfig to a dedicated server, with -filePatching enabled, it'll push those settings out to all connecting clients?

And if that is so, am I right to understand there's no point manually distributing a userconfig file to my unit members?

So I understand, if we upload a modified userconfig to a dedicated server, with -filePatching enabled, it'll push those settings out to all connecting clients?

And if that is so, am I right to understand there's no point manually distributing a userconfig file to my unit members?

Yes you got it right, unless they want to practice offline with the same settings, there's no need for the userconfig on connecting clients.

• Like 2

It does not work like that no. I'd need to rework the level override here: https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_setUnitSkill.sqf#L18

_i = 0;
{
		_sc = _i;
	};
	INC(_i);
}

Honestly I'd rather just tinker with code than figuring out all of the distribution channels available. No promises.
Why I ask is you as the author would have to upload its using the tools.

_i = 0;
{
		_sc = _i;
	};
	INC(_i);
}

Thank you! that saves me cluttering the userconfig with about 80 classnames lol. 

Updated some extra configs (links at end of first post)

Green Recon 1.1 (SF groups for green faction) - updated with newer randomization scripts and stacked EH.

AI configs for:

RHS AFRF3 0.4.0.1 http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22799/asr_ai3_rhs_afrf3_0401_config.zip

RHS USF3 0.4.0.1 http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22800/asr_ai3_rhs_usf3_0401_config.zip

• Like 6

Does "Recon Green" add AFF special forces?

Does "Recon Green" add AFF special forces?

Yep, find them under independent AAF Special Forces.

• Like 1

Hey robalo, with those optional configs you updated do they affect the units themselves or the weapons that any unit uses?

Do you know what i mean? Its a bit hard to explain. If a custom unit which is scripted with specific gear such as an RHS m240, does the RHS optional config change the behaviour of that unit based on the fact that he has an RHS weapon, or is that config only if you use the actual RHS units?

I remember looking through the original one and seeing that it was mainly weapon configs.

If that is how it works, what will change? Will machine gunners fire in full auto to suppress etc?

Cheers

Hey robalo, with those optional configs you updated do they affect the units themselves or the weapons that any unit uses?

Do you know what i mean? Its a bit hard to explain. If a custom unit which is scripted with specific gear such as an RHS m240, does the RHS optional config change the behaviour of that unit based on the fact that he has an RHS weapon, or is that config only if you use the actual RHS units?

I remember looking through the original one and seeing that it was mainly weapon configs.

If that is how it works, what will change? Will machine gunners fire in full auto to suppress etc?

Cheers

Just like I have configs for vanilla assets in the main pbo:

- weapon configs (probably most important) dictate rate of fire, dispersion, range, switching fire modes; optics properly classified so when used the correct fire modes are used, suppressor effect on detection etc.

- ammo configs dictate detection and suppression ranges, also which target types to use it against

- unit configs assign them to skill level classes for this mod, but also parameters like camouflage, weapon selection

Hi!

I get the userconfig not found problem when I try ASR? I´ve got the userconfig file in the correct place. Any ideas?

Hi!

I get the userconfig not found problem when I try ASR? I´ve got the userconfig file in the correct place. Any ideas?

Read FAQ #2 and #4

If I host an internet game through ArmA to be able to play co-op, will this mod work? And does the second person need to have the mod installed?

If I host an internet game through ArmA to be able to play co-op, will this mod work? And does the second person need to have the mod installed?

Yes.

F.A.Q.

Q: Should I install this mod on servers, clients, both ? What about headless clients ?

A: Always install it on servers and headless clients. Having it installed on clients is required if you are running AI groups commanded by clients or use Zeus. I generally recommend having it installed everywhere.

Hey Robalo! When do you think we will be able to get 0.9.28 on PWS? Is it just a matter of letting those guys know?