Learn to duck :) . Seriously though, how would you think things would go if the said AI where other players? Players don't miss the way you want AI to miss. Redesign your missions to realistic numbers, and be aware many objects in non-official maps are not configured properly to block AI view.

I see your point but the AI is really super human. Not in any case comparable to Human player. 

The thing was. I was behind a Hangar 400 Meters away from the AI. The AI has turned its back to me and it did not know I was there. The second I looked around the corner (only my head) they started spraying on me. I don't mind realism but still...they AI should at least be fair! xDDD

On our side, PrecisionAI was already at 0.8 so I tried to push the aiming values in the userconfig but with poor results

i have had to stop using this addon due to this. In my case-the ai cannot hit me at all! I can stand 20 mtrs away and it will take tham 40-60 shots to hit me. Same goes for the other version of asr-ai-the enhanced version. I have not noticed a difference with changing skill levels-in the config or in gmae menu. In game menu i changed from normal to the highest setting and in config I put all values to 0.7. the only time I will be hit is if I walk into their arc of fire. They also will not fire full auto,whereas using ace_ai  or vanilla they do.

Is there a way to disable ai movement with asr_ai? when using disableai "MOVE" it works until a soldier gets hit and then it overwrites the command

Is there any way to tell the ai to defend an area? Or at least to stay where they are? ATM my players can stay put in a compound and wait for all the ai units to come to their position. I want to change that. Reducing asr_ai3_main_radiorange to 150 didn't help much. All ai groups still moving towards the players.

I forgot to mention, that we use a template mission and spawn ai via Zeus. I would be nice to have a simple way to just tell the ai to defend an area.

@aushilfsalien

I suggest looking up the mod Ares. It give you Zeus modules to allow you to set an AI group to patrol or garrison a building.

MCC is another more advance option.

Upon starting a mission, i get the error that "script asr_ai_settings.sqf" isn't found. But it's right where it should be inside the userconfig folder. Any ideas?

adding -filepatching to your startup parameters should fix it. although i think someone had the same problem a few pages back and that wasnt the cause. give it a go

@Everyone where the AI are bad shots

I've been running ASR for the last week or so, and I have had no issues with the AI being bad shots. Honestly, they are almost too good of shots.

It is weird that some of us our experiencing different things.

Yeah I'm still getting the error. Seems the latest ARMA 3 update made this mod not work. It doesn't open the script its supposed to or it acts like it's not there, when it really is. Any word on an update/fix?

Yeah I'm still getting the error. Seems the latest ARMA 3 update made this mod not work. It doesn't open the script its supposed to or it acts like it's not there, when it really is. Any word on an update/fix?

this has to be user error, as i have it working just fine on my client and server. please make sure you have properly installed the mod in the proper mod folder structure, also dont forget to check and recheck the userconfig folder for the asr_ai folder.. if need be re download and reinstall and use default settings until you get it working. make sure in the arma launcher or what ever launcher you have or use has the "enable file patching" option checked. If it is your dedicated server you have to use as second setting in the server.cfg ... "allowedFilePatching = 1;"

good luck

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

You could try the following (I hope it helps)

mod_asrai3 = isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "asr_ai3_main");

if (mod_asrai3) then {
  player sidechat format ["ERROR: ASRAI 3 is is loaded!"];
};

@Everyone where the AI are bad shots

I've been running ASR for the last week or so, and I have had no issues with the AI being bad shots. Honestly, they are almost too good of shots.

It is weird that some of us our experiencing different things.

A member of my community (Freghar) analysed this issue and came to the following conclusion, keep in mind we are no professionals and all of this info is mainly observation based:

Someone asked me about ASR AI and spawning units through Zeus, so I thought I'd explain it more generally.

Arma has this concept of "locality" where objects can be "local" to a specific client (server also has its internal client with ID 2, called __SERVER__) or to nobody/everybody (ID 0). Connected clients (players) start from ID 3. This specifies where the simulation is run - if an object is local to one client, the client has it "under control" and broadcasts its state to everyone else.

This can be clearly seen when driving - Arma automatically makes vehicles (as in cars, tanks, helicopters, etc.) local to the driver. This is why "rubber banding" happens especially when people with bad connection / slow PC are driving - they have to simulate the vehicle and transmit it to the server, which then re-broadcasts it.

Generally, a unit remains local on the client that created (spawned) it - through scripting or Zeus. This is not always wanted as virtually all AI will run on GM's client. smiley.gif?0 When a client disconnects, the objects are automatically transferred under server, though disconnecting may be a bit of an inconvenience.

As a simple proof of concept, I made a primitive Ares module: http://paste2.org/93tK6Z1V

(On pastebin as this forum corrupts code blocks containing square brackets.)

Embed it in your mission or use the ingame Ares Util->"Execute Code (Local)" functionality (and click the Modules zeus tab again) - you should now see a Freghar Ares category with a single item - using it on any group (or a singular soldier) will transfer the group under server (client ID 2).

I like POCs that can be shown in pictures, so here's me using the #monitor admin command, first screenshot is after spawning units (traffic INbound to server, from my client), second is after running the Ares script (traffic OUTbound from server, to my client).

http://i.imgur.com/SkCZHwT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dHTE4hB.jpg

As you can see, the difference is there.

So how is this related to ASR AI? I don't know. Theoretically, nothing changes - Zeus spawned units are simply simulated by the client, but as long as both client and server have ASR AI installed andwith identical userconfig, it should work like vanilla (mmm, ... chocolate, ..*homer face*..).

Of course, you might not want to run the AI on GM's client, hence the handy script. The transfer causes brief "red chains", but that's only very brief moment (few ms) - the chain icon stays there for multiple seconds, though.

edit: WARNING - a fair bit of game logic resets for an object when it changes locality - ie. allowDamage is reset to true (immortal unit is made mortal) by changing locality, etc. - this however happens naturally (GM disconnect), so AI mods should be able to cope with it.

In case you want to dig deeper (ie. assigning AI groups to player clients):

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/owner

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setOwner (don't use)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/groupOwner

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setGroupOwner

You can find the client IDs by iterating allPlayers and checking name (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/name ) of each object (to find a specific player by name). Then use the owner command on the matched player object.

TLDR: Unless you disable the ASR AI skill parameter via the init.sqf file it will draw the skill settings from the client who spawns the AI instead of the server / mission presets (for example through F3), thus the wide dispersion of experiences for various endusers.

• Like 4

Mod update for EDEN ?

Care to expand you question ?

Updated mod v0.9.27.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Thanks, but what changed ? I haven't done any update.

Hi Robalo,

I have see (or maybe) behavior of AI are changed to make alternative combat behavior. It's implemented with Eden ?

I think he means the new disableAI for stopping auto combat, etc.

I Have a serious and probably dumb question to everyone. i heard many great things about this mod. My group used it before but some reason stopped it for whatever reason. But we been wanting to go back. My main question is. 

Is the mod compatible with the new Eden arma 3 update! i saw an update was made to the mod Feb 18th. No need to update mod to be compatible with new version. Its just okay to install to my server and boom it works!!?

I Have a serious and probably dumb question to everyone. i heard many great things about this mod. My group used it before but some reason stopped it for whatever reason. But we been wanting to go back. My main question is. 

Is the mod compatible with the new Eden arma 3 update! i saw an update was made to the mod Feb 18th. No need to update mod to be compatible with new version. Its just okay to install to my server and boom it works!!?

The mod work perfectly with the new update, nothing has changed ;)

The only issue we have is that the RHS unit seems to engage from very fare :/

Speaking of updates, is this mod still being worked on, if not when will work be continued?

It will be updated when it will be ready to be updated. The end. 

Speaking of updates, is this mod still being worked on, if not when will work be continued?